main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Urbania's Void' (J/TK, Zekk, etc. - 02/02 - The story will rise once more... [cue cackling here])

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
  2. Jedi_Jacen_Solo

Jedi_Jacen_Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2004
    Yay 800, Congratulations -Tenel-Ka-!
    Up.

3. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Uppers! :D

Now, some of you may have noticed that there's a little thing going on called the TF.N Summer Fanfic Awards - and really, this 'fic deserves to win something there, right!

Right?! [face_mischief]

So, to ensure maximum impact, I'd suggest that everyone goes and nominates (and then votes for) The Feigned in the "Beyond the Saga: Best Series" category - that, as I assume you all know, being the series containing this 'fic, its predecessor Simply Being Loved, and its eagerly-anticipated continuation, Echoes of Eternity... o_O :D

So, what do you all say, eh?! :D :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

4. Jedi_Jacen_Solo

Apr 21, 2004
  5. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
  6. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hey there everyone~!

I should have a new post up by tomorrow morning!!

(My 'net at home isn't working, so I'll have to post it at work! >_<)

Thank you all for waiting so long! *hugs*

7. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Woo! My 'net works at home. New post tomorrow night, I PROMISE!! :D

For now, here's a teaser!! ^_______^

-----

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX - A KNOCK ON THE DOOR (DAY THIRTY-FOUR / +34)

Admiral Gadell Vessau grabbed the shelf with his other hand and dug his fingernails into the wood. His knuckles were growing shades whiter as his teeth gritted together.

"My father..."

He ripped the fragile ledge from the wall and dropped it to the ground, over the remnants of the vase that was on it before. His hands planted themselves on the wall and his palms seemed to stick to it, slick with sweat.

"Why? Why my father?" The ramblings were more to himself than Tahiri, or anyone who could be listening to them. He spun around slowly and pushed his back up against the wall, letting his chin tilt upwards and his eyes move towards the ceiling. "I can't---"

Tahiri couldn't stand it anymore. She stood and stumbled over to him, instantly clutching the front of his jacket. Her fingers curled around the fabric, her hands balling into fists and losing themselves into the folds of the material.

Within seconds, she had her lips locked onto his...

-----

O_O!

8. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Oooooh, what an evil cliffie of a teaser.... well, that's probably why it's called a teaser....

More!!

(please?)

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    MORE ABOUT GADELL'S PAST!!

10. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    LOL~ you'll learn more about Gadell's past soon enough. :D

11. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    G/T! Yay! :D :D :D

Not that he looks anything like her dead ex-boyfriend, obviously... :p [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Eagerly awaiting the update...

- The Imperial Ewok

12. tenelfan14

Apr 19, 2003
    Tahiri couldn't stand it anymore. She stood and stumbled over to him, instantly clutching the front of his jacket. Her fingers curled around the fabric, her hands balling into fists and losing themselves into the folds of the material.

Within seconds, she had her lips locked onto his...

O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tahiri and Gadell!!!! [face_love]!! Okay, so I still like A/T better, but I could get used to this! :D

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm quite comfy with Tahiri and Gadell as long as Anakin is dead.

14. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    *hops up and down, clapping hands together.*

It's tomorrow, It's tomorrow!!!!

Gadell and Tahiri= Yay!!

15. Jedi_Jacen_Solo

Apr 21, 2004
    Sounds good. Up soon please, you're always too evil with your teasers. :p

16. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    I know I'm evil. :D

New post in a few minutes!! It's kind of a filler post, since the next post is a big one... and quite evil at that. ^__^

17. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Alright everyone~ I know this post is a tad short as well as odd. It's kind of a filler post, as well as a post that has been written over a very busy few weeks of work and writer's block... so I know it's not my best. >_<

But now that I've overcome it... it'll all be back to normal! EVIL! :D

-------

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX - A KNOCK ON THE DOOR (DAY THIRTY-FOUR / +34)

"Zekk?" Alema ran the backs of her hands over her eyes, rubbing the sleep out of them. Zekk had told her to nap a bit when they returned from the chamber that seemed to act as a ballroom... when they were returned to their lavish rooms, their prison cells. It had to be late afternoon by now, even though the sky still looked the same as always.

And Zekk was nowhere to be seen.

"Arkenna?" The twi'lek called out, sliding off of the bed, still in the same clothes from the night before. She crept around the room a bit and then stopped moving altogether.

She heard a sharp breath being drawn... in and out.

Her gaze moved along the wall to the refresher door, which was cracked open a bit.

Sauntering over to it, she gently slid the door aside and peeked in. The dim glow from the small lamp on the counter gave her enough light to make out the scene.

Zekk was curled up on his side, in the painted durasteel of the tub.

"Zekk..." She whispered breathlessly.

Alema could hear his quiet, dry sobs and she could faintly see his shoulders moving as each one sounded.

Had he been there all night?

Even without the Force, Alema could feel the waves of grief radiating from his huddled form. She rushed over to the tub and fell to her knees beside it, reaching out to him. "Zekk, come on..." Her fingers curled around his shoulders and he turned onto his back, staring up at her with a tear-streaked face.

His lips begin to move like he wanted to speak, but no sound was finding their way out of them. Zekk just sighed and gave up.

Gave up on everything.

The twi'lek drew in a deep breath and bit her lower lip for a moment, before speaking up. "Do you want to be left alone right now, Arkenna?"

She could see his head nod quickly.

"Alright." Standing up, Alema retreated into the main room and grabbed one of the blankets off of the bed. She returned to the refresher and stared down to him.

His clothes were bunched up around him, the jacket of the outfit splayed out over his legs, his knees pulled up to his chest. She could see him shivering. She spread the blanket out and threw it over him, waiting for it to settle before she tucked the top under his chin.

Her mouth opened to release little nothings of comfort... but she knew they wouldn't help, so she stood and left him there. Alone and quivering, mumbling drivel about Peckhum and the mighty ship, the Lightning Rod.

Zekk's eyes shot open later, when a knock sounded on the door.

---

"THIS IS INSANITY!"

Another echoing crash sounded as the second decorative vase was knocked from the shelf to the floor.

Tahiri Veila stared to the man in front of her, his right hand clutching the shelf, his chest heaving in and out. His eyes were wide with anger as his hair fell in curved strands around his pale face. She had no idea how to stop him. She just let him go.

"I mean, what are they doing to us?!" His yelling had ceased, but his voice was still as sharp as a vibroblade. Certain syllables were tinged with a crisp Hapan accent. "Did they act like this on Myrkr?!"

Tahiri just stared at him. No response. She knew it was basically a question that she wasn't mean to answer. She didn't want to fuel the fire more, she just wanted this to pass over him. She knew if their Force powers weren't muted, he would be swimming in the dark side about now. She wanted it to just pass right by...

But it hurt her to see him so worked up and angry... so deep in the dark side.

Her jade eyes never left his now pacing form.

Admiral Gadell Vessau grabbed the shelf with his other hand and dug his fingernails into the wood. His knuckles were growing shades whiter as

18. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    So the father's name is Kaden...

19. Jedi_Jacen_Solo

Apr 21, 2004
    A great post as always, I can't wait for the next one.

20. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Whoa.

Alright everyone~ I know this post is a tad short as well as odd. It's kind of a filler post, as well as a post that has been written over a very busy few weeks of work and writer's block... so I know it's not my best. >_<

-TK-, m'dear - you're nuts. :)

That was great... it may be a pause, a catching of breath, but it's beautifully written, superbly characterized - really enjoyed the contrast between the three scenes, too. Deliciously readable, immensely involving - thoroughly enjoyable...

:D

Thanks! :cool:

You have a thing about bathrooms, though, don't you? ;)

But now that I've overcome it... it'll all be back to normal! EVIL! :D

Mwahahahahahaha! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_mischief]!

- The Imperial Ewok

21. tenelfan14

Apr 19, 2003
    Aww! Poor Zekk! :(.

I loved this, but the end was confusing.

Gadell and Tahiri....sweet! [face_love]

22. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Great post. SHORT???! Not hardly!

Ok, so they're not looking forward to seeing each other. Wonder why.....

And T/G.... Interesting stuff. I never would have thought of it. (Guess that could be 'cause he's your OC :p ) but it fits just right.

Nice post. I'm still a little confused about Jacen and Tenel Ka's respective visions, but.... I'll get it someday, I'm sure.

More soon???!

~*~Austyn

23. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Bah! I can'tbeleive I let my Active Topic Notification run out... hello blonde! Anyway. Have read chapter teaser, and T/G!!!! <3 <3 <3!

*off to read the entire thing now*

WAH! Tahiri and Gadell! And poor Zekkxy. :_|

I could see this like a movie in my head, and now I'm all angsted out. Much <3 <3 <3 <3 <3, Heather m' dear. Looking forward to your next evil installment! ;D

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Your form is as good as ever, Heather. The post was quite good. Zekk's breakdown and Tahiri and Gadell's kiss was quite well-written. And I almost had to reread Jacen and Tenel Ka's post, but my slightly warped mind worked it out while INXS played in the background.

And if I may brag, Three New Sailor Senshi got a nomination for best crossover in the Fanfic Awards! Good luck to you as well, Heather. I'll be voting for you if you get in as well.

25. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Mmm mushy mush mush mush mushy mmmmmmmush mush mush!!

ps- What is going on? 'cause seriously, I have no idea where any of this is going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.