main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Urbania's Void' (J/TK, Zekk, etc. - 02/02 - The story will rise once more... [cue cackling here])

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zekkxy

Zekkxy Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    Wow...as always you leave everyone wanting more (myself included of course). Excellent post. Let's have another one soon, alright? =]

I have a few ideas on what's going on, but as much as I would love to know what happens I think I'll just have to wait and see with everyone else.

It's less fun knowing, I guess. =/

^_~

2. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    3MD: Questions are always good. Especially when they're answered... but you'll just have to wait for the answer. ;)

TG: I know. *cackles* And I knew you'd like that shot of Gadell. Muahah~!

Zekkxy: It's less fun knowing, I guess. =/ Smart cookie. All questions will be answered. Just give it time. And there will be another post soon~

Thank you! :D

3. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

This is so darn confusing. :mad: One of these days I'll get it all figured out.

GReat post!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE SOON???!?!?!?!?!?!

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice post, -Tenel-Ka-! So, Jacen's losing himself in the mindmap, eh? Goes to Hapes and keeps Tenel Ka 'company' there

Action, suspense and a Barabel, oh my! Up!

5. Wild_Phoenix

Wild_Phoenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2003
    *grabs Striker and ties him to a chair*

Bad Striker...no cookie.

*looks back at everyone else*

Well, I knew those mindmaps were weird. Now I'm convinced. When something goes wrong, it goes wrong.

6. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    loved it! i hope jacen doesn't get too far caught up in this mindmao thing. rez seems like shes got the hots 4 him.

well i liked it loads, can't wait for nxt post!

7. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    /Notices Phoenex restraining Striker

/sneaks off to hapes and TK

more soon Heather ?

8. SoL-of-Winter

SoL-of-Winter Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    OooooooOOOOOOOOoooo.

That last post held sooooo many questions.

Who the h*ll is everybody?? :p

Great post!

9. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    I agree with Saber-of-Light

10. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post Heather. :) They are right though, you are a tease.

~~Jilly

11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Muahahahahaha~ after this post, I will answer no more questions or lay any suspicions to rest. From now on, I'm being SILENT about the future of this story. :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Great post, though! :D

But hang on... you said that the dates at which things happen were important...

Now the first scene, you mention Jacen's distress call, which means that it went out on Day 0... that's before the rest of the 'fic...

And for those who don't remember that distress call from Simply Being Loved...
    It was a man, with dark, black hair, wide crimson eyes and a thin, faint scar tracing his left cheekbone. The corner of his lips held trails of blood that seeped down his chin. He was obviously in pain. Something struck Tenel Ka in a familiar way about the man, but she had no idea what... until he spoke; his first words in a hushed whisper.

"This is General Jacen Solo of the New Republic and the Galactic Alliance fleets. I don't know who is seeing this transmission at the moment but whoever you are, please see to it that the Galactic Alliance gets it. There is serious trouble where we are and we cannot get away from here. Kriff, you could say that in a way, we've been captured. The GA will know where we are, who else is here and what's going on --- again this is a general distress call from Gen---"

They could her a female voice in the background, familiar also, "Jace, come on, hurry up. Someone's coming."

Pleading deep, red eyes flashed back to the screen before the transmission ended. And then it cut out, leaving an eerie image of Jacen on the screen, his eyes wide with fear.

There's more going on here than there seems, -TK-! Sneaky...!

[obviously, if this is giving away too much, I'll edit the post before too many people see it... ;) :p]

- The Imperial Ewok

12. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Could he have made the call with the Anikan Disguise ?

13. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    I think he had the Kai Mindmap in... TK would have recognized Anakin, instead of just finding something "familiar" about the man making the call.

14. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    In her mind Ani's dead (/shoots a random NJO author)
    she'd not think it was him.

15. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    DoF: More right now! :D

Striker: LOL!! Yep, Jacen's got other things going on right now. I'm sure TK wouldn't mind if you kept her company. Heheh~

WP: Hahah! This is me we're talking about here, of course it has to go really WRONG. It'll get right one day, I hope. ;)

tenelfan: Rez. She's one to watch out for. [face_devil]

3MD: More now! And I don't want you and Striker fighting over TK again! LOL~

SoL: Haha! Exactly! They'll all be answered though, don't worry! :D

JainaDurron: Muahaha! And I will continue to post evil cliffes, like always. ;)

Thrawn: You my friend, have a VERY good eye. :D And that part will be addressed soon!

TG and 3MD: Heheh~ you'll see if you're right later.

But for now!

NOTE: This post may seem like it doesn't belong, and it really probably could be a vignette/one-poster --- So, it may seem out of place now... but it'll fit later, promise. :D

-----

CHAPTER NINE - YOUTHFUL PROMISE (DAY NEGATIVE TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED FOURTY-SIX / -2946)

The late afternoon sunlight streamed through the tall canopy of trees, crashing onto a young boy about fourteen or fifteen. A loose short-sleeved shirt stained with sweat and dirt hung over his lanky chest, while a pair of equally grungy beige pants, that were now brown with mud, were clasped at his waist. His feet were in a pair of tall black boots that vanished under the cuffs of his pants. Damp strands of dark hair fell into wide eyes of a rich brown shade that stared into the jungle ahead of him as he placed his hands on his hips, a small empty cage in the left. The sunlight filtered through the trees and a sliver of the soft rays fell vertically down his face, giving the Princess beside him a comforting skip of a heartbeat or two. Even grimy, sweaty and frustrated, she still found his company extremely enjoyable and she always found herself trying to sort out her feelings for him.

"Blaster bolts! No!" Jacen Solo sighed and scoffed, kicking the dirt. "Not again."

He stood out front of the Academy. One of the crystal snakes had gotten out again and poor Jacen had just finished catching it about an hour earlier.

"Friend Jacen, I know you love all your animals, but do you not think that you should let them roam free?" She paused as she reached her right arm down to her ankles, holding it there for a few seconds before straightening herself upright again. "If you really love something, should you not let it go to be where it wants to be?"

Solo turned his gaze to a copper-headed female who was seated and stretching, mere feet away from him.

"How would you feel if I took you and locked you up in a cage?" She cracked her neck to the left side as she spoke to him.

"Depends, Tenel Ka. Depends on what you would do with me after you locked me up," the trademark Solo grin crossed his face as she reached over and smacked his arm with her right hand. "Hey, come on! I was kidding!"

The two caught each other's gaze moments after that, the smile slowly vanishing off of Jacen's face. Her words were busy sinking into his mind. His expression fell into one of pure seriousness as she stared back at him. It was moments like the one that had just happened that Jacen cherished forever. And as he gazed into her eyes he thought about the future and what it would hold for him...

For them.

Realizing that she was falling into his stare, Tenel Ka quickly turned her head towards the Academy. "Jacen," she said softly. "It is time to eat." Standing up, she began walking towards the open entrance to the temple.

Jacen followed behind Tenel Ka as she walked towards the Academy. "Wanna hear a joke?" He inquired as he galloped up beside her.

"Not before you clean yourself up, Jacen." A snicker to him. The front hall of the Academy was filled with the clatter of an empty cage and Jacen Solo's laughter as he broke off from Tenel Ka and went to his quarters to get himself tidied up.

"Save me a seat!" He called back to her as he jogged backwards down the

16. Jedi_Master_Pikachu

Jedi_Master_Pikachu Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2003
    Great story,Tenel-Ka

17. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Good post Heather.

Sometime you need to write a expanded YJK series filling in the time 'tween the books

18. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    -TK-: You my friend, have a VERY good eye. :D

You threw that one in our general direction, -TK-... if anything, I was slow on the uptake ;)

But hey - either way, it's another hook... :D

And that part will be addressed soon!

In the meantime, you give us a cunning continuity-fix post with undertones which I find frankly disturbing, but of which Germaine Greer would approve...

Well-written, though. Even when you're not being self-consciously twisted... great post! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

19. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Hey TK, heres some grey eyes to use with further adventures in photo shop.

[image=http://www.af.mil/photos/images/020808_01.jpg]

20. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    eeeee! youngjedimush!

Very nice, TK. And yes, I actually did squee like a little fangirl at the end. omgtheirloveissojuvenileandadorable :D

Oh yeah- nice (DAY NEGATIVE TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED FOURTY-SIX / -2946) :p

21. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    I loved it! Jacen is so gorgeous [face_love]!!

more soon?

22. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    /kicks Heater's thread up

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was sweet! I can tell that that's gonna be important. You captured YJK Jacen (the only true Jacen IMO) quite well.

Oh, and I don't eat cookies. Breaks free of restraints and goes to Hapes in order to keep Tenel Ka 'company'

Up!

24. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    /striker slams open the door to Tk's room and finds TK and Psycho diving under the covers

/suddenly 3MD comes up with a P-90 and empteys a mag into striker.

25. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie, Heather!

~~Jilly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.