main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Urbania's Void [ post-NJO AU - J/TK, Zekk, OCs - Chap. 40 & epilogue, 1/6! Story COMPLETE! ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hey there! Welcome back! And if you're a new reader then welcome aboard! ;D

This is Urbania's Void, the second story in the post-NJO AU series, The Feigned. It heavily features Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka, and the off relationship they have, but also doesn't hesitate to focus on OCs and some old faces later in the story (or Zekk, who is pretty much present in the whole story ;)).

It isn't required to read the first story of the series, Simply Being Loved, to understand this one, but it's highly recommended to fully understand the background set up between Jacen and Tenel Ka after the Yuuzhan Vong War, and also the background on one of the OCs, Mister Vessau. XD

You can read the first story HERE. :D

There will be a new post on this story late night, every Tuesday and Friday -- and I am hoping to stick by that schedule strictly. Mainly because schedules make everything feel organized (which I am totally not D:) and it'll give me a good amount of time to finish the third story in the series! ;) There is a PM list, started up after people asked for one, hehe~ And if you would like to be on it, just let me know! ^_^

Thank you very much for listening to me ramble! Now let's get on with it! The prologue is up first (naturally, hehe~) and I apologize for it's short length but I had to start somewhere. ;)

WARNING: This is just a note to let you know that the day numbers at the top are important -- the timeline jumps around sometimes. Just a little warning. Heeeehehehe~ Hope you enjoy! :D

--------------------

THE FEIGNED -- story two -- 'Urbania's Void'

[image=http://echuta.net/chivalry/visuals/b-uv.jpg]

main characters --
    .. Gadell Vessau (Hapes / Commander [Hapan Navy])
    .. Jacen Solo (Coruscant / Jedi, General [New Republic])
    .. Kaidin Serasai (Coruscant / Bounty Hunter)
    .. Khee Verelen (Hapes / unknown)
    .. Nexus Mirdele (The Urbania / unknown)
    .. Rez Nyena (Nar Shaddaa / Dancer)
    .. Tenel Ka (Hapes / Queen Mother [Hapes], Jedi)
    .. Tenk Mirdele (The Urbania / unknown)
    .. Tessick Ladreen (Myrkr / Bounty Hunter)
    .. Zekk (Ennth / Jedi, Pilot)

secondary characters --
    .. Anhaje (Hapes / Handmaiden)
    .. Jagged Fel (Corellia, Csilla / Pilot)
    .. Jaina Solo (Coruscant / Pilot, Jedi)
    .. Kyp Durron (Deyer Colony / Jedi Master)
    .. Lowbacca (Kashyyyk / Pilot, Jedi)
    .. Raynar Thul (Alderaan / unknown)
    .. Ryled Mirdele (The Urbania / unknown)
    .. Tahiri Veila (Tatooine / Jedi)

----------

PROLOGUE - IT BEGINS (DAY ZERO / 0)

I have grown to love my life at the Fountain Palace. It is my home now. I love every detail. The way the carpets feel under your bare feet. The way the breeze gently tickles your cheeks as you stare out to the sea. The way the vines in the garden snake up the Palace and endlessly try to grow into the open windows. Hapes is my home.

I am the Commander of its fleets. I have no immediate family. All my relatives have died. But I do have a sister. She's not related by blood, but by trust, friendship and love.

Her name is Tenel Ka. We've become close since the events that took place two months ago. We're close enough that I can get away with calling her 'Tenna' which is a nickname stumbled upon one day awhile back. She was calling me 'Della' after I so unceremoniously donned one of her many tiaras to try to cheer her up, so I thought of a nickname for her too.

She's needed a lot of cheering up lately. And that all started a few days after Jacen Solo and the rest of our guests had left, after the post-war celebration.

At first she was very cautious around me, as if she still sensed the void of poison surging in my system. A few weeks had passed and we were getting closer in a friendly way... and after that it ended up growing into a sibling rivalry type bond. She once said to me that we reminded her of how Jacen and Jaina Solo used

2. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    FIRST.

EDIT: And that was Day Zero.

Oooh, so ominous. My body is tingling in anticipation of what's to come in the story, and this time I only know what's going to happen for a little while. The end is still a mystery.

3. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    No hurting my Jacen.... Great start pleasnt but with an ominous ring to it... i like it...

And its thursday tommorrow Get in!!!

PHGS Weyr

4. -JacenSolo-

-JacenSolo- Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2002
    I've been waiting to read the end of this story for a long time.

This is gonna be fun.

5. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    *Squee!* I'm so excited about this one. I love Gadell's thoughts about his "sister." Very sweet! [face_love]

6. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ohh! Yay! Can't wait!! :D

Can I be on the PM list please? [face_dancing]

JF

7. PrincessBrookSolo

PrincessBrookSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2007
    good post can't wait for more

8. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    TCR!: Hahah~ I think I have a little bit too much fun with the ominous. XD And you know, the worst part about where I stopped was that I wasn't far from the end at all. I had maybe five chapters left. *kicks self* Of course, now I have the whole third story too, so there's that, I guess. Hehe~ *hugs*

PHGS_Weyr: Oh! I won't hurt him! (yet...) And I keep thinking it's Thursday today, which makes me sad cause then I realize I'm not as close to the weekend as I thought I was. >_<

Jaaaaacen: Yessss, sorry I made ya'll wait so long. XD I FEEL BAD. :( Hopefully the end of this and the third story are crazy enough to make up for my BIG PERIOD OF LOSER TIME. XD

Arwen_Djo: I am excited that you're excited! XD It makes me want to post more now -- but I told myself I would stick to the schedule (need time to finish the third story, muahah)! And thank you! I'm glad Gadell was able to get people to warm up to him~ ;)

JediFarfy: Heeee! *hugs* And yes! I will definitely add you to the list. And I apologize in advance for the total incoherency of the PMs. Hehe~

PrincessBrookSolo: Thank you very much! ^_^ It won't be long before another post is up and everything here spirals into a big mess of crazy too! MUAH~!

9. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    *makes a funny squeaky/moany noise of joy in the back of her throat* UV UV UV UV UV UV UV UV UVUVUVUVUVUVUV!!!!!!! *keeps chanting UV really fast* Ha ha!!! You've posted! *does her happy dance*

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

10. Zhymmia_Jansen

Zhymmia_Jansen Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2006
    Yay, Gadell and Tenel Ka are off to save the day. Or, make things worse depending on certain situations.

And I don't mind long waits as long as this fic gets done.

So...(joins the bandwagon) yay for UV!!!!

11. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Dude, I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy this is up cause I have wanted to know how it ends for, hmm, years? XD

She was calling me 'Della' after I so unceremoniously donned one of her many tiaras to try to cheer her up, so I thought of a nickname for her too.

This is the Commadmiral I know and love! Yay!

12. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Twin_Saber: Hahahaha! I most definitely have posted and I'll be doing it again tomorrow! ;) I'm happy you're excited and I'm totally digging your chant~ XD

Zhymmia_Jansen: Hmmm, probably a little of the latter first -- then maybe some of the former. Saving the day always waits till the ends of these stories to show up! ;) And the fic is done! It's just slowly being posted -- so you have nothing to worry about there. Also, welcome to the bandwagon! I didn't know there was one, and now that I know there is one, I can get all misty-eyed properly. I <3 you guys. XD

Luuusasasa: I AM SO SORRY FOR MAKING YOU WAIT. D: I feel like I should apologize in every post because I feel so bad about it. >_< It's been soooooooo long. And yesssss, the Gadell that stalks Kriff This(!) will be here soon! MUAHAH~

13. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    CHAPTER ONE - STREET TRASH (DAY SIX / +6)

My name is Kaidin Serasai. I'm a twenty-seven year old bounty hunter, born and raised in the lower levels of Coruscant. I lost my mother and father when I was six, to a crazed lunatic, murdering for fun. I vowed to myself I would get revenge on him and at the young age of fourteen, I had found the man and slaughtered him, laughing all the way. I like to hunt people down, especially people who deserve what's coming to them and I like to watch them suffer. I like high-paying bounties. I like Corellian Ale. I like blasters. I like vibroblades. I don't really like people. I like sex. I like making rude comments. I like barfights. I like gambling. I guess I like bad things and I guess you could call me a bad person.

The man sat alone at the bar of the Vina Lidrina, his slender finger running through drops of condensation on the metal bartop. Despite the loud music, he was deep in thought, his mind wandering from random thought to random thought, wondering how he ended up in this mess in the first place.

He was on the spacestation, the Urbania. It was a large oval-shaped craft that hovered through space, stopping for nothing. There was a huge city covering the flat surface, sprawling over every little niche and crevice. A canopy of transparisteel spread over the top, giving inhabitants a permanent view of space. The minimal times that the floating city needed to restock something or refuel itself, ships brought the items to them, giving them no reason to slow down.

The city was home to everything vile: gangs, crime, drugs. The Urbania used to boast a great vacation getaway, until the city's reputation and status crumbled downhill. It was all under the reign of one Ryled Mirdele. Kaidin's newest bounty was that man. There was a price out on his head, and Serasai was always up for a challenge...

He wasn't really thinking much about that now though. He just sat at the bar, savoring the flavor of the smooth ale sliding down his throat.

I'm guilty of many things. Killing people. Seeking revenge. Lying. Cheating. Having little boyhood fantasies and falling in love, or just lust, with people I can never have. That's one of my main problems right now. There's a girl I've had my eye on since I was younger... It's a main challenge in my life to let her know I exist and to get what I want from her. I've never personally met her, but I will change that after Tessick and I clear this bounty...

She's the Queen Mother of Hapes. Her name is Tenel Ka. She's a feisty little thing. You can just tell on the holos of her, you can see her trying to keep her cool and stuff. But she just wants to smack everyone around her, you know it. So I'm guilty of endlessly looping old public holos of her, propping myself down in front of the screen and just staring. No blinking. No eating. No drinking. No anything. Just wishing. I've never really been in love. So this must be what it feels like... or maybe it's just a sick obsession. Sick obsessions are one of my specialties, for some reason...

Kaidin broke out of his reverie, spinning himself around on his barstool. His deep gray eyes wandered out over the huge club and the crowd stuffed inside. Cords of light dashed across the ceiling, pulsing with many different colors while the other light spilling across the room was from the walls. Light pushed it's way through millions of pinholes in the walls and like the cords across the ceiling, the pinholes were all different colors. The walls were a dark metal shade, the same as the ceiling and the floor, which was a work of art in itself. The ground was made of a strong clear material and under it were chambers a few feet deep, filled with water that held colored stones and glittering gems at the bottom. The cords of light that were on the ceiling also worked their way through the water underfoot, giving the water the illusion of always changing colors. The huge floor in the middle was where most of the crowd was, dancing and moving to the beat of the insanely lo

14. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Hey! *shoves your shoulders* Where's my PM? *laughs* JK (no I do not support that lol) Though I am wondering where my PM is that scene made me wanna get in on the fight...Hmmm, maybe I'll go see in anyone wants to RP a fight scene with me somewhere...Great post! If I'm correct the next one should get us all laughing...I think...

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

15. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    IT'S MY FAVORITE BOUNTY HUNTERS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! YAAAAAAAY!

(Alema is pole dancing with joy.)

16. -JacenSolo-

-JacenSolo- Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2002
    Chapter 1 down.

And the massive mind-bender has offically begun. It's gonna be awesome folks.

Just sit back, relax and hold on!!

17. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Gotta love the scoundrels!! Obsessed with Tenel Ka? I think we're in for a long, interesting ride!!

18. PrincessBrookSolo

Apr 22, 2007
    Good post=D= *flashes unbearable solo grin * more please [face_praying]

19. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Twin_Saber: Haha! You caught the update before I had a chance to send out PMs! :D And writing fight/action scenes are always difficult for me -- so I'm glad that one made you want to get in on the fight! Although, I don't think getting into a fight for real would be very good. Hehe~ ;D Thank you! *hugs* And I will try to send out the PMs faster nest chapter so you will get one! :)

LOOOSAH: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~ I totally just spit out my water, thank you very much. I'm glad you are excited about the bounty hunters -- and I'm glad Alema is too. *cackles* I really need to go back and read those old RPs, those were funny. XDDDD

Jaccccen: Haha, chapter 1 down and 39 to go. XD Massive might be an understatement -- mind bender probably is too. And I don't know about relaxing. I know it isn't possible for me. Hehe~

Arwen_Djo: I'm a sucker for scoundrels -- although not the really, really bad ones. And yeah, Kaidin is a special case when it comes to TK, hehe. It's a very long ride -- and I hope it does turn out to be interesting! :D

PrincessBrookSolo: Thank you very much! *hugs* And YAY SOLO GRIN! <3 More soon! (Well, technically Tuesday night, hehe~)

20. PrincessBrookSolo

Apr 22, 2007
    *mutters under breath *Kriff* Ok I'll Wait

21. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Dude, I need to go reread those, too! They were a scream!

22. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    LOL, PBS, well now it's only another 23 hour wait! ;) Okay, that actually sounds like a long wait -- we'll just say tomorrow night!

And Lusa, I'm totally going to reread those at some point this week. XD

23. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Ahhh, Tessick and Kaidin... scoundrels to the last. I am just on edge waiting for the story to progress.

24. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Hehehe, definitely scoundrels. ;) And I hope the story progresses to your liking! ^_^

----------

CHAPTER TWO - THE HUNTER AND THE HUNTED (DAY NEGATIVE THIRTY-SIX / -36)

A cold sweat stood out on Gadell Vessau's brow as he slipped around the corner of one of the hedges. The Gardens seemed to overpower him and he always thought about them with a sense of childish awe. Many tall hedges were planted a month earlier, around and throughout the Memorial Gardens, multiplying the size of the Gardens threefold and creating a maze-like atmosphere.

At the moment, Gadell and Tenel Ka were caught up in an activity that Tenel Ka claimed would help his Force powers strengthen. She was silently avoiding him in the many twisting pathways of the garden maze and he had to use his powers to find her and catch her. He could currently sense her faint signature a few sections over, swiftly dodging him anytime he tried to pinpoint her location.

When her signature stopped moving, he got a bit worried. And when he found her, his worry grew. She was doubled over in front of the entrance to the strike team grove, her right hand clutching at her forehead.

"Tenna?"

Her eyes shot upwards and she just stared ahead vacantly, to some invisible object that only she saw.

"What's wrong?"

"Gadell... I..."

He rushed to her side and helped her to a standing position as her wandering eyes locked onto his, "I cannot feel Jacen anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"He is still alive. But his presence has weakened."

A grin crossed Gadell's pale face as he threw his left arm around her shoulders. "I'm sure he's fine. It's probably for this top secret mission he's on, you know? Big, bad Solo has to lay low. If he receives any pain, he doesn't want his lover feeling it too."

Tenel Ka turned her head to look at him, with a visible snicker showing, "His lover?"

"Yeah, you know." Giggles erupted from his system as he playfully shoved her away, "You, Tenna. Who did you think I was talking about?"

"Gadell, He..."

"Don't start this with me again, young lady. You told me yourself that he said he loved you before he left. Kriff, you told me he was on the verge of tears. And any man who cries in front of a woman is totally in love with her. So don't argue with me, because you will lose," Gadell growled.

"I will?" Tenel Ka started walking towards the Palace, Gadell falling in step beside her, "Ah. Aha. And how many times have you won anything against me before?"

Gadell stopped pacing after her and put his hand to his chin, obviously deep in thought about it. The Queen Mother stopped her ascent up the stairs and turned to look at Gadell. Her eyebrow arched and she smiled inwardly as she watched strands of black hair fall over his pensive expression from the light breeze. After a few silent moments passed, Tenel Ka spoke up.

"That is what I thought." She let the smile cross her face as she traipsed up the steps to the Palace, Anhaje greeting them at the doors.

"How was the training today, your highness?"

"Exceptionally well. Gadell is growing stronger by the day. It frightens me sometimes."

"I frighten you all the time, Majesty." Gadell chased her up the stairs and threw his arms around Anhaje and Tenel Ka's shoulders, the Queen Mother on his right side and her handmaiden on his left. The large sleeves on his cerulean tunic spread over their backs, as he pulled Anhaje closer to him. "Tenna felt Jacen's presence weaken and she's going all paranoid now."

Anhaje looked around the Commander to her Queen as a concerned look showed itself, "Is he alright?"

"I believe so. But I am still worried about him."

Anhaje nodded and Tenel Ka stopped, causing the other two to stop beside her.

"I... I'm going to go meditate. Maybe I can scrounge around and come up with some answers." Tenel Ka's eyes became distant as she spoke, turning away from Gadell and Anhaje seconds later. She rushed away from them and vanished off into the hallways of the Fountain Palace.

Gadell sighed as he turned to look at Anhaje, "I'm

25. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    oh! Jacen! What? go on TK you have a fleet.... you have a commander.... now use it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.