main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Urbania's Void [ post-NJO AU - J/TK, Zekk, OCs - Chap. 40 & epilogue, 1/6! Story COMPLETE! ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhymmia_Jansen

Zhymmia_Jansen Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2006
    So our merry band of crazies are finally all together. Rescue time!:D

Khee froze in his tracks.

The two assailants did the same.

"Whatcha lookin' at, sithspit?" The shorter one spat.

"Exna..." Khee murmured. "Exna and Jeauno..."

The two men glared at Khee quizzically and that's when Khee took his Mindmap off. Gadell Vessau stared into the worn eyes of his old companions. They stared back at him in awe.

Tense moments passed and Gadell finally exploded. "What are you doing?! Didn't I say I never wanted to see your---"

"Stop." A hissing voice called from above. "Let go of her."

Five faces looked upwards. Tessick Ladreen. Solana Xel. Gadell Vessau. Exna. Jeauno.

"No fighting. Everyone take off your Mindmapz." The barabel spoke softly.

Gadell glanced to the others. Solana and Tessick became Jaina and Zekk. Exna and Jeauno... they were Mindmaps. Jaina cried out one name, Zekk laughed the other.

"Jag?!"

"Kyp..."

Gadell placed his hands over his face and shook his head.

[face_laugh] No worries Gadell, you weren't the only one fooled.(Well, on Version 1 of the story at least:p )

2. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    *laughs* Tahiri's here!! *dances* *twitch* Need next few posts soon...*twitch*...XD

3. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    GeithJiseo2: Hahaha! I will always write more~! I'm glad you liked it! :D

PHGS_Weyr: ^_^ Thank you so much! The fic loves you too and I love you too for loving the fic. HUGS ALL AROUND~ XD Muahaha!

LUSA!!: OMG EW I KNOW HE'S SNORTING ALL OVER HIS SLEEVE. XDDDDD

Zhymmia_Jansen: Yay, crazies! You know how much I love the crazies! Hahah, and you know all the crazy that's coming too -- for awhile anyways. ;)

Twin_Saber: Yesssss, now everyone is finally around! Except Jacen and Tenel Ka, of course. Hehe~

Alright -- sorry this has taken so long! I'm going to be out of town this week and I've been working and getting stuff ready for vacation, so here is the next post! And the one after that will be put up right when I get back! :D

--------------------

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR - THE EMPTY AND THE HELPLESS (DAY THIRTY-ONE / +31)

Darkness.

Jacen saw it in his dreams. He saw Tenel Ka in his dreams. He saw fire.

She meandered along a beach; barefeet gently padding in the sand as her white nightgown softly swept the ground around her. The seven moons of Hapes hung overhead, casting a calm azure glow over the scene. It turned red in a heartbeat.

The oceans lapping at her feet turned to tendrils of flame that seemed to reach out for her. She turned and ran. She was one of the fastest people Jacen knew, but even she couldn't stay too far ahead of the fire. She dashed back through the Gardens, up into the Palace...

The flames followed, charring every piece of greenery in the Garden. It filtered into the Palace and crawled across the walls, licked at the ceiling and crept over the carpet.

Tenel Ka was out the front door, down the ornate set of steps, her barefeet slapping the duracrete. She headed for the forest. Shoving the branches and brush aside, she bounded through. Jacen watched on blindly. It was his dream, he was just an observer.

The fire trailed behind her, burning the brush, skating across Karina Lake. Some danced ahead of her, surrounding her in a rough circle of heat. And she stopped running. She stopped in the grove.

The dravells... that's where I first told her... and we kissed...

She stood alone in the center of the grove, in front of the pool of water, the fire closing in around her. She stared ahead into the flames and a figure stepped out of them --- Jacen could only make out a silhouette. The fire engulfed the two and Jacen watched the flames for what seemed like eons. And finally it subsided.

Everything was charred, burnt, ruined. Tenel Ka was sprawled on the ground, her right arm floating in the pool at her side. Dravells pierced the blackness and settled over her body, some landing in her hair, which was now black and gray with ash, some landing on her stomach, some on her face...

The mysterious figure was perfectly fine. He seemed to have a shadow over him at all times, but as he turned away from Tenel Ka's body, Jacen caught a glimpse of his eyes.

They were gray.

And that was when Jacen entered the world of the waking.

An uncomfortable whimper escaped pursed lips as he rolled over to face Tenel Ka. His eyes took a few moments to open seeing as how they were practically glued shut. An extremely dim glow floated across the room to the bed, from the neon seeping into the window and Jacen Solo could make out the peaceful, sleeping face of the Queen Mother.

Her right hand was tucked under her cheek and Jacen could feel her steady breath on his neck. He slowly shifted onto his back and stared at the ceiling.

Jacen's body froze.

The lights weren't on, but Jacen could tell even with the minimal buzz of the neons below.

There was no more gray.

There was only black.

Falling out of the bed, Jacen scrambled to his feet, his gaze jumping around the shadowy room. He was about to call out for the lights when his wide eyes finally landed on Tenel Ka.

He choked up.

Her nightgown... there was no white showing on it at all. It was all dark. Jacen couldn't tell if it was black or the crimson color it

4. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant update! But WTH? It is becoming steadily more sureal in that really weird room! hopefully Kyp and everyone can resuce them!!!!

Really good, as always i can't wait for more!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

5. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

You leave Tenel Ka like that! You...You...SITH!

[begging]Post more, please.[/begging]

6. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Oh snap!

(Look, I'm Scar!)

7. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    *laughs maniacally* I love your angsty emo writing!!! *worships*

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

8. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    PHGS_Weyr: Thank you very much! :D And yesssss, that whole building is a bit off. And you are quite welcome for the PM -- thank you for enjoying the story enough to want to be on the PM list! *hugs*

GeithJiseo2: !!! There will be two more posts tonight! So you don't have to worry about TK! (Hopefully. ;D)

LUSA/SCAR: ROFL, I still think OH SNAP is one of the best expressions ever. XDDD

Twin_Saber: Awwww, thank you! For some reason it seems to be what I'm the best at. D: Hehehe~

So I am back in town and relaxed from all the unpacking and the craziness at work so there will be TWO chapters put online later tonight! :D

9. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Here are the new chapters! In these you have to pay attention to the days -- especially in the first one here, because it takes place awhile back. So these aren't the Mindmaps, these are the real characters. ;D

--------------------

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE - DESTINY FOR THE DAMNED (DAY NEGATIVE SEVEN-HUNDRED AND TWELVE / -712)

A yawn was stifled as the girl spilled herself onto the sofa of the dressing room. Her bright violet eyes trailed up to the man standing in front of her, his arms crossed lazily over his chest.

"You aren't even going to stay and watch my last performance?" She asked, putting on a mock frown.

The man laughed, "No way. These people out here are disgusting." He motioned with the jab of a thumb to the door of the dressing room. "I don't want to see them objectifying you, eyeballing you and drooling over you. It would just make me angry and want to kill them all."

She knew where he was coming from. She found it all pretty vulgar herself, but it was the only way she could make a living and pay off the debt she owed to the owner of the club... until he came along.

He had been at the club for a high-stakes sabacc game, planning to win millions of credits and possibly a new ship or two. But when he saw her and when he saw how worn out and how sad she looked, that was all he asked for after sweeping the game clean. Her.

"You can't take her, Verelen. She's my top dancer." Darix Norin, the owner of the Exa Sendra stared into the green eyes of the man across the table from him. "And she still owes me part of a debt. This is how she's paying it off."

Khee Verelen tilted his chair backwards and set his heels up on the tabletop, disturbing the stacks of cards on the surface between the two men. "Well, the money you owe me for ripping you apart in this game can go towards her debt. And pay it off. Now I told you what I want. And what I want, I will get."

Darix laughed, a jovial sound that filled the dingy backroom. "You damn Hapans."

Khee returned the comment with a smile as Darix stood from his chair and walked around the table, clapping Verelen on the back. Darix nodded towards the guard at the door.

"Go get her."

And that was when Khee Verelen and Rez Nyena met for the first time.

She had no home, she lived at the club. Khee had replied to that fact, "Well then now I have a roommate!"

Rez felt bad that she wasn't helping pay any expenses for their apartment and their everyday needs - so for the month after they had met, she continued to dance at the Exa Sendra, much to Khee's protests and Darix's delight. She made more than enough to help with the apartment and food.

Now it was the final night of her years spent working at the club.

Roughly a week before this night, the one of her last dance, Khee and Rez, like most other beings, went to get the yearly census done.

"And how are you two related?" The Duro administering the census asked.

"We're roommates." Khee nodded. The Duro told him to open his eyes wide and as he did, faint beams of light shone into them.

Their information was taken.

And now it was a week later.

"I think I'm actually going to go home and go to sleep. It's getting kind of late and both of us have to get up early tomorrow if you want to make this move." Khee and Rez were planning on getting off of the Urbania and moving to Khee's home planet of Hapes.

"Oh alright. Get going. Master." Rez playfully kicked Khee's leg and chuckled.

He smiled in return, but seconds later his expression fell into one of disdain. "And you come straight home afterwards. No partying. If you really want to move to Hapes with me, you had better be back right after your dance."

Khee knew he wouldn't leave without Rez, no matter what, but he wanted to make sure she knew that he didn't want her out too late. He was worried about her, like a big brother worries about their little sister.

"Got it."

"Good." Khee's reply escaped his mouth just as the dressing room door swung open.

"Hey Darix."

"Everything's ready, sweet

10. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Dude this was great!!!!

Two chapters!!! Yay!!!

*does first dance*

This is great thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

11. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D And yeah, I figured two chapters definitely needed to be posted to make up for all the slacking that had taken over me. Hehe~

12. Zhymmia_Jansen

Zhymmia_Jansen Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2006
    Two post for the price of one. Generous.

The backstory behind what happened to our heroes mindmaps really interested me the first time I read it. It's really sad and shocking what happens to them.:eek:

Jeez, the Mircas Tower sounds even creepier reading it the second time around.[face_worried]

Zekk pushed himself off of the counter and paced around the crowded room. "We know we need to get in there, but we can't just saunter up to the door, get inside, find Jacen and Tenel Ka and be like 'HEY EVERYONE -- WE'RE ALL SECRETLY FROM THE GALACTIC ALLIANCE AND WE'RE HERE TO RESCUE OUR FRIENDS! WOOHOO!' ...seriously."

[...]

"I'm sure Jacen is flitting around right now -- 'HEY! HEY TENEL KA!' ---" Gadell put on his best Jacen expression, one of aloof happiness, " --- 'HEEEEY! WHAT DO YOU SAY WE GET OUTTA HERE?! THIS PLACE IS DAAAAAANGEROUS!!' --- "

His expression suddenly fell insanely solemn and morose and his voice jumped a few octaves higher, " --- 'OH JACEN. I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. THIS PLACE IS EVIL, I CAN SENSE IT.' --- "

The Jacen expression returned, " --- 'EEEEEEEEEEEVIL!' --- "

The Tenel Ka expression, " --- 'FACT.' --- "

[face_laugh] I don't know what it is but people talking in ALL CAPS amuses me for some reason. Especialy when they are in a serious situation and just burst out with it randomly. Does that make me weird?:confused:

(Translation: I <3 your Zekk. I <3 Gadell. That is all.)

13. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Zekk pushed himself off of the counter and paced around the crowded room. "We know we need to get in there, but we can't just saunter up to the door, get inside, find Jacen and Tenel Ka and be like 'HEY EVERYONE -- WE'RE ALL SECRETLY FROM THE GALACTIC ALLIANCE AND WE'RE HERE TO RESCUE OUR FRIENDS! WOOHOO!' ...seriously."

Yeah, Zekk's clever with his plans like that.

"Ready to have some fun, Thul?"

"I'm always ready," Raynar grinned, throwing the speeder forward, away from the Klecttrinn.

Cause he's a pimp. Holla, yo!

"I'm sure Jacen is flitting around right now -- 'HEY! HEY TENEL KA!' ---" Gadell put on his best Jacen expression, one of aloof happiness, " --- 'HEEEEY! WHAT DO YOU SAY WE GET OUTTA HERE?! THIS PLACE IS DAAAAAANGEROUS!!' --- "

Mental image of you doing that in your Jacen voice = teehee!

14. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Zhymmia_Jansen: ^_^ And I will be putting up two more this weekend! And yeah, the conclusion to that whole flashback Mindmap thing will be posted tonight. ;-; I am the same way with the caps lock, for some reason it just makes me giggle. I pretty much always include it when a character is either doing something in another voice with a horrible sense of sarcasm -- or just being obnoxious/sarcastic. Heeee. XD And thank you very much! THEY LOVE YOU TOO. <3 And I do too!

LOOSAH: Zekk has always been clever! EXCEPT WHEN HE EATS PLANTS NOT MEANT FOR EATING. XD OMG, yes, when I was writing that I was totally doing the voice in my head. Muahahahaha!

Two more chapters tomorrow (well technically later today ;))!

15. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    G/T forever!!! XD I love the Jacen and TK imitations, one of my favorite parts! Post again soon, we're almost to where you left off last.

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

16. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    We are most definitely almost to the part where we left off! :D Here are the next couple chapters! Heeehehe~

--------------------

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - REVERBERATIONS (DAY NEGATIVE SEVEN HUNDRED AND SIX / -706)

Kaidin hated when Tessick got like this.

"It's so beautiful here..." Brushing crimson hair from his eyes, Tessick Ladreen crouched at the shore of the lake, running his fingers over the everchanging surface of the water.

They were on Hapes, hired for an assassination. The Queen Mother to be exact. They had attempted and failed, giving up after Kaidin whined about killing 'a beautiful woman that could be used for better things' --- Tessick never knew why Kaidin had such a lust for the Queen Mother of Hapes. Kaidin always passed it off as 'a challenge' ...he always challenged himself with inane and sick things, and Tessick knew this had to be just another one of his goals.

Their ship, the Corruption, was in the woods near the lake. They called it the 'Corr' for short. They were waiting out the daylight so they could escape, hopefully unseen, in the cover of the moonlit night.

So here they were, stalling around Karina Lake, minutes away from the Fountain Palace. Kaidin was seated against a huge, gnarled tree on the edge of the woods, his legs spread apart, pulled towards him. His arms rested on his knees, straight out in front of him. He held both of his hands out in front, over the space between his knees and framed Tessick's back in his fingers.

Now. Now. He had to do it now.

A few nights earlier, Kaidin had been contacted by an unknown source. A source that offered him insane amounts of money, power and wealth. Offered it to him for the body of Tessick Ladreen. The source didn't say why he had this bounty out on Tessick's head, but the source promised that it would pay up.

Normally, Kaidin would never believe such a silly proposition and he would pass it off as a useless job, tossing the thoughts aside. But his mind hadn't been in its normal state for the past few months.

Because of his binge drinking and drug-taking habits, Kaidin Serasai was slowly going insane.

Growling loudly, he pushed himself off of the ground and stumbled towards Tessick at a blinding speed, barreling into his back and knocking him into the water. Tessick turned around, but he didn't have time to speak before Kaidin buried his feet in the shore's mud and dropped to his knees in the water, seating himself on Tessick's stomach.

They were on the slight slope downwards, into the clear waters of the lake. Tessick stuck in the mud on his back, his feet the only thing sticking out of the shallow water. Kaidin shifted quickly on top of him, his hands holding Tessick's wrists down by his sides. Ladreen tried to lift his head above the water, but Kaidin shifted a bit again and grinned maliciously.

His left shin was across Tessick's thighs and his other leg was crooked, at an odd angle, the heel of his right foot pushed up onto the underside of Tessick's chin. It was holding his head back, and down, in the water, his crimson hair grinding into the mud. The flaps on his jacket floated above him, as well as strands of his hair and the ties on his pants. Kaidin pulled Tessick's wrists towards himself, out of the water and pushed the opposite direction of his chin, watching his neck as it seemed to stretch. He could see bubbles, along with streams of blood trickling from Tessick's lips, upwards to the surface, to the air.

Releasing a grunt, Kaidin splashed off of Tessick's body and treaded out of the lake, drawing in deep, ragged breaths. Water dripped from his pants and the bottom hem of his tight shirt, while he pulled his damp gloves off, leaving his arms and his hands bare.

And then mechanically, like a broken droid, Kaidin reached down and clasped his hands around Tessick's ankles. He began to drag him out of the lake, out of the mud, towards where the ship was hidden.

He opened the Corr and dropped Tessick in the middle of the hold, against a bulkhead. Kaidin dripped a trail of wa

17. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    Whoa!

That was well worth the wait.

Fantastic posts, -Tenel-Ka-!!!

Can't wait for the next part!!

=D==D==D==D==D=

18. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Dude, I just love the way you write the group dynamic (oooh, big fancy expression!) with everyone! Its so fun to read.

And if I had to quote everything I loved about the boys being slaves I would run out of room in this post. Luckily for you I'm heading home this weekend so I will be able to hunt you down and fangirl you in person! :p

19. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    I can't believe we're almost caught up, and almost done to...More soon please!!!

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

20. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    GeithJiseo2: Thank you very much -- I'm glad you enjoyed them! And the next two should be up tomorrow! :D

Lulululusa: OMG U R USING BIG WURDS AND MY HEAD GO BOOM!11 D: No seriously, thank you and duuuuuuuude, we need to go shopping/costuming/all kinds of junk.

Twin_Saber: Yep! Almost there! ;) The next couple of posts should be up later tonight maybe. Heeehehe~

21. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Here are the next two chapter! I'll be sending out PMs when I get home from work tomorrow -- I didn't realize how late it was. >_<

Only 10 chapters and the epilogue left after this! ;D

--------------------

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE - THE TRICK IS TO KEEP BREATHING (DAY THIRTY-ONE / +31)

A whimper in the dark hallway.

"I can't move it."

"Shhh... it'll be okay. Come on, sit down."

Jaina Solo helped Jagged Fel to the wall, where he propped himself up against it. They had just finished dealing with a group of exceptionally vicious Quadripdici, one of which fractured Jag's forearm. The hallway was fairly long and very dark. Kyp, Jaina and Zekk were attempting to heighten their senses with the Force -- they were succeeding to an extent but something was holding them back.

They couldn't make out each other?s facial features easily and they had to squint to see silhouettes of one another.

That changed when the hallway turned on.

"Huh?" Jaina bolted upright from her position kneeling beside Jag and peered around.

The walls, the ceiling, even the floor. It was like the hallway was made up of hundreds of holo-screens. And each and every one of them showed the same thing.

"Tenel Ka?" Kyp inquired, staring to one of the many screens in the wall beside him.

It was an image of a room, a bedroom, everything was black. Tenel Ka was asleep in the bed and a figure loomed over her.

"Kaidin..." Zekk whispered, under his breath.

---

Gadell pulled Tahiri down behind a control console full of holo-screens in one of the many dark, empty rooms on the tower's upper floors.

"I thought I heard something," he heaved, letting his eyes shut for a moment as his breath slowed.

"Quit hallucinating, you big lunkhead! Let's go!" She yanked him out from behind the console, by the sleeve of his black flightsuit. They both froze as all the screens on the console flickered to life, giving the room an eerie monochromatic glow.

"Tenel Ka!" Gadell scrambled to the console of screens, letting his gaze travel across them, from the ones in front of him up to the ones on the wall. Further study of the screens caused the Admiral's hope to crash and burn.

"That's Kaidin, isn't it?" Tahiri stepped up behind him and clutched his right arm, which was resting on the console's control panel. "Why would Jacen even dream of having that Mindmap anywhere near him, let alone Tenel Ka?"

Gadell's head slowly shook back and forth, "That can't be Jacen."

---

The four of them had separate cells, all lined up next to each other. Each cell was identical. Four walls, three solid, one of gathered energy that burned at the touch and on the back wall, a single holo-screen.

Lowbacca roared maliciously as the screens flipped on and Tesar hissed at the image they all showed. Tekli closed her ebony eyes and looked away and Alema could be heard cursing loudly as she slammed her fist into the solid wall beside her.

---

Screaming mindless drivel in his own personal cell, Jacen could feel his eyes searing with tears.

He hadn't been this angry since... since...

I've never been this angry...

Jacen Solo had his face practically pressed against the holo-screen as his voice died down to a fervent whisper.

"Tenel Ka... it's not me... it's not me... wake up and realize it's not me..."

Who is it then? Who took my Mindmap and is using it against me? Against us?

And the three groups as well as Jacen, stared in shock and horror as they held their breaths.

Kaidin's hands descended on Tenel Ka.

---

In her sleep she could feel hands moving across her body. They were burning, like they produced insane amounts of heat.

Like they were on fire.

Hard, cracked skin trailed down her side, over the thin nightgown that still had the appearance of being singed around the edges -- a dark crimson tinged with black, rough, ashy hems. Kaidin was seated on the bed beside her sleeping form, debating on what to do to her first. For now, he was just content with petting her.

The Queen Mother s

22. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Great Job! This should be funny!

Great post really really good!

PHGS Weyr

23. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Raynar is such a pimp. Look at that, he just hit up TEnel Ka and now he's gonna go bang Lomi and Welk! (of course my mind went there.) Yay!

I'm suspecting this is not quite the reader reaction you were going for.

24. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    *raises eyebrows* You think this will be funny? Sure there are some parts but still, this story is still mostly angst...That's the best part!!!

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

25. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Thank you three very, very much! I am skimping on the individual responses just this once cause I'm rushing to get the next two chapters up. I am about to fall asleep at the computer cause I couldn't fall asleep till 3am last night. :( Also, I apologize for all the angst! ;D

And Lusa, I expected that reaction from a few people, you being one of them. MUAHAH~ <3

Next post in a few minutes! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.