Vancouver URGENT: Advance 7pm SW EPIII Screening May 18

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by 20thCenturyFox, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20thCenturyFox Jedi Youngling

Hi Vancouver FanForce Members,

My name is Phil Parks. I'm with 20th Century Fox in the Vancouver office. As you all know, 20th Century Fox is releasing SW EP III for Lucasfilm. We're hosting a special advance screening of SW EP III at 7:00pm Wed. May 18 at Granville 7 Cinema.

I know most of you have already purchased your 12:01am May 19 SW tickets for various screenings at theatres in the lower mainland, but you may want to attend this advance screening for free at 7pm, five hours earlier and before anyone else sees the film, and sell the tickets you've purchased.

I will offer two Admit One passes to each person from your chapter who will wear a full, authentic Star Wars costume to this special advance screening. As you know, many will begin lining up even as early as the morning but if you're participating with us, we'd like you to arrive after work on Wed. May 18th. You can change from your costume to join us during the film.

We have a lockup and change room in the theatre so your costumes will be safe and secure.

I just want to increase the excitement and "event" nature of this screening - the only advance screening of SW EP III in Vancouver before the film opens to the public. I know how many of you love to wear your costumes and get involved in the excitement to I thought I'd extend this offer.

If you're interested, you may reach me by return email at

Also, I've tried to locate the 501st Legion Stormtroopers Chapter here and may have a contact in Victoria by tomorrow but can't seem to find a group in Vancouver. If anyone of you knows how I can reach them, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks very much for your consideration.

2. TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master

star 7
    I've tried to locate the 501st Legion Stormtroopers Chapter here and may have a contact in Victoria by tomorrow but can't seem to find a group in Vancouver.

We actually don't have a chapter up here. But one of our members, Antonio (known on the boards as Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma) is a member.

Speaking of which...

Antonio, can I borrow your armor?

3. TheDave Jedi Youngling

star 1
    AH! No money, but I need to see this as soon as possible! *Grabs a 2-dollar lighter for a cheap, but authentic 'Kentucky-fried Ani' cotume*

4. dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Wow, that's a mighty generous offer I must say; athough there aren't too many costumers in our group that I know of. There's the aforementioned Antonio as well as Cassandra (Sister_Sola), and I think that's it. Hopefully you'll be able to wrangle up enough interested parties to make this event a success.
  5. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That rocks! I'm sending you an email Phil!
  6. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling

star 3
    There's going to be quite a few in my group watching the midnight screening. Id love to wear my armor and troop around, but I simply cannot cancel with my family and friends; or just take one of them along with me in this one.

Thanks for the offer though Phil. It was a little too late for me. Already have my tickets and made transportation plans with a lot of people to cancel on them this late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.