main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary URGENT: Advance 7pm SW EPIII Screening May 18

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by 20thCenturyFox, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20thCenturyFox

20thCenturyFox Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    Hi Calgary FanForce Members,

Congratulations on your new Calgary Chapter.

My name is Phil Parks. I'm with 20th Century Fox in the Vancouver office. As you all know, 20th Century Fox is releasing SW EP III for Lucasfilm. We're hosting a special advance screening of SW EP III at 7:00pm Wed. May 18 at Paramount Chinook Cinema in Calgary.

I know most of you have already purchased your 12:01am May 19 SW tickets for various screenings at theatres in Calgary, but you may want to attend this advance screening for free at 7pm, five hours earlier and before anyone else sees the film, and sell the tickets you've purchased.

I will offer two Admit One passes to each person from your chapter who will wear a full, authentic Star Wars costume to this special advance screening. As you know, many will begin lining up even as early as the morning but if you're participating with us, we'd like you to arrive after work on Wed. May 18th. You can change from your costume to join us during the film.

We have a lockup and change room in the theatre so your costumes will be safe and secure.

I just want to increase the excitement and "event" nature of this screening - the only advance screening of SW EP III in Calgary before the film opens to the public. I know how many of you love to wear your costumes and get involved in the excitement to I thought I'd extend this offer.

If you're interested, you may reach me by return email at phil@interactpr.com

Thanks very much for your consideration.

Phil

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    E-Mail sent. Once again Thanks!

3. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Please contact ME if you want to take advantage of this offer. Just send me a private message here on the board or email me at
    preluderm@calgaryfanforce.com

Ryan

4. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    This is soooooo coooool.

I just sent my email. But, I don't think that I am going to sell my 12:05 tickets. I will go again.

See you all there.

Darth Paul

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm in!! Please get me tickets! I too will still see it at 12:05 pm but I REALLY want to go to the preview!!!

6. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    That is crazy awesome!
    I'm going to keep my midnight tickets too...why not see it twice in one night?
    Does anyone know if this showing has anything to do with the contest from the herald? I noticed that their showing was also at Chinook on the 18th.
    <(^_^)>
    I'm very happy now.

7. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    The Calgary Sun has a star wars contest running, it details, winning various stuff, and a very intriquing Star Wars party injunction with Burger King, now the blurb in the Sun mentions, "Be among the first to see ROTS", since the party runs from 3-5 Pm, it may just moved itself into the 7pm showing, which is probably for contest winners, the press, and the now invited costume wearers.

Just kicking for not having a costume to wear, however, still question this sudden 20th century Fox, annoucement, like they can't fill the theatre with enough people to see the movie.

"Question authority"
    -George Lucas

P.s if the deal is real, then have good screening.

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Bitterness I sense in you.

First you knock free comic book day, now you dismiss a free advance showing?

This advance showing is a thank you and repayment to those fans that promote the franchise for free. This is not a media seating, where people win tickets, this is an opportunity for the costumed and vigilant to get a chance to see the film unhindered. Those of us in the Fanforce and the 501 do a great service for them and this is our payment.

Since they are offering 2 tickets for every costume, half of the seats are set for those without costumes. The goal is to have enough tickets for the whole Fanforce, not just those with costumes.

If all goes as we have foreseen it, we will get 2 viewings before breakfast on "opening day." And how cool is that?

9. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    You can all rest assured that this is on the up and up. We (Badlands) already have our passes for this screening from Fox!

10. Vicu

Vicu Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    Since I will not have a full costume ready, Will someone in costume give me thier second ticket?

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    PreludeRM, did you get the advance passes from Phil yet? Should we have a quick meeting to distribute these, perhaps tomorrow night or Tuesday? And we should co-ordinate our line schedule too.

12. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    We should have a quick meeting. Or we can hand out the tickets sometime Wednesday afternoon in the lineup.

Ryan has the tickets!!! See calgaryfanforce.com for a pic.

Darth Paul

13. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Alright, then.

14. JerichoKarvath

JerichoKarvath Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    I'll be there, dont have tickets for 12:05 but 12:10 instead but ill be the one in line at about 6 taking pictures of all you guys, thanks for making an effort and ensuring this will be the best day ever

15. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Wow, Nice looking tickets! Ryan, are you building more lightsabers? Looks like you've got all your stuff out. Awesome.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Okay is anyone else out there too excited to sleep??! I've been getting things ready for tomorrow (today was the SLOWEST day in my life - I'm sure tomorrow will be WORSE!!) and I'm still WIDE awake.
    Called Chinook - no line up yet. Am still planning on being there at 6 am - feel free to come join the fun when you're ready!!

17. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Ryan,
    will you still bring a light saber hilt and clip for me to borrow tomorrow? Thanks. I'm going to bring my Force FX one, but it's going to get a little cumbersome when we're 'working the crowd'.

18. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Hey echosevin, i will try and stop by a couple times tomorrow, i just got a new job yesterday,so i dont have to go walk around handing out resumes :),

Man, i wish we could fast forward time a little :)

19. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    After Party:

We are thinking of meeting at Denny's on Macleod Trail after the Midnight showing lets out, I'm sure everyone will have stuff to talk about.

Where: 7215 MACLEOD TRAIL SW
    When: 2:30am sometime May 19th

Think of it as a chance to get coffee and syrup on ones robes ;)

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Congrats on the job Nite_shift! Yeah, stop by and say hi.

I was wondering if we were going out afterwards to talk it up - good idea. It's going to be a long but rewarding day!!

21. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Need Red Bull or Sobe No Fear Energy Drink. I think i'll have to stock up.

I'll be there. Just think we can have our next meeting at Dennys. We should get it posted by crazymike.

Ryan

22. JerichoKarvath

May 15, 2005
    hey anyone else still up, there is absolutely no chance im going to get any sleep tonight.

23. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Could not sleep last night. Stocking up on Red Bulls!
    Will be at Chinook betwixt 3:30 and 4:00pm.
    See you there!

24. JerichoKarvath

May 15, 2005
    wish i could get there earlier, but i have to wait for the wife to get off work. She's done at 2:30 that means I hope to be in line at 4:30, 5:00 max.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.