main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Urgent backup plan needed for SOTR shoot

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hey all,

Just in case you haven't heard about this project, check out Secrets of the Rebellion

Anyways I'll be flying down to Phoenix with my Director of Photography to shoot our X-wing pilot scenes but I'm in a bit of a panick about helmets.

I ordered 3 X-wing helmets and two chestboxes from Richies Armor close to a month ago but the hold up in customs has been horrendous and now I'm not sure if they'll even get here before we fly out on Friday afternoon.

Does anyone in this fanforce know how we can get our hands on 1 - 3 screen accurate X-wing pilot helmets and chestboxes for this Saturday? If I can't figure this out by the weekend it's going to be highly expensive and a huge pain in the rump to reschedule. The helmets need to be full scale rather than the 3/4 scale Don Post version or it's no good. We would only need the gear for the one day and it would be in a very intense heavily featured aspect of the film. We've gone about building an entire screen accurate and extremely strong X-wing cockpit set up on a gimble to create any shot needed.

I don't check these boards that often so please contact me directly at kitfisto007@gmail.com if you have any info that can help. Thanks

Mark Twitchell

[EDIT] I have gotten contact from our original supplier and the worst case scenario will be ordering the gear all over again and having it shipped to our second unit crew in AZ. Thanks for all those who helped.

2. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm glad that you got it figured out. I wish you the best on your project. :)