main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton ***URGENT*** ForceFest meeting re: Transportation - TOMORROW (Sunday) @ the McD's on 100av 178st

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I believe we have a fairly large problem. We potentially have more butts than seats to take people to Radium, (myself included) so we need to get together and figure out:

A: Who's driving? and who has room for some passengers? (it's generally assumed your passenger(s) will help cover the cost of fuel)

and:

B: Who needs a ride?

Anyone who's coming to ForceFest should be there, even if you already have a ride, just so we know your status.

If you can't make it, post or PM your ride status before the meeting so we can get everything squared out.

We'll be getting together Thursday at the usual time and place to get everything sorted out. That is, the Chapters/Starbucks, in Phase VI, West Edmonton Mall.

If anyone needs a ride, please let me know. It's important that anyone who's coming try to attend this meeting.

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    either day is fine

3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Shanna and I have a thing on Thursday, so Wednesday would be better for us. (well, for me, I don't know what she's doing on Wednesday. :p)

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Shanna can't make wednesday either.

Looks like Wednesday so far.

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    what time are we meeting?

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm thinking Thursday at about 6.

7. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i thought it was going to be wednesday

8. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Any day works for me.

9. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm going to assume that's an oops and he means Wednesday.

10. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    i am not able to make it so just have it with out me ok

banana :)

11. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Darnit!

I have a class on Thursday from 6-9 so I can't make it. Although I am still interested in going if there is a seat for me :)

12. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
  13. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Please don't see this as a slight, Terry, but Shanna already told me (and correct me [and her]) if I'm wrong, but she said you and her were riding with Liann. So long as we know how you're getting there then it's not 110% urgent that you attend.

This is for people like me and Danny who don't have rides or John who doesn't know for sure yet how he's getting there. :)

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    but they should be there if we are going to discuss which campsite we are staying at, maybe we should pick another day that works better for everyone, doesn't it also depend on who can go down thursday as to who will be going in each vehicle?

does wednesday not work for some people?

15. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks Liann, that's the point I was about to make. :)
    I wasn't taking it as a slight although I'm thinking maybe I should have. I was logically looking at the fact that only one had voiced a problem with Wednesday whereas there were more than one conflict with Thursday (Now including Danny who had a class).

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i think we're having a communication problem. its a little confusing when several people post and say wednesday is good and you say it looks like wednesday then you suddenly post that we're meeting thursday with no explanation as to why there is a change in the date especially when no one except shanna has posted that wednesday is no good for them it doesn't really make sense. perhaps saturday or sunday would be better if wednesday doesn't work

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I hadn't planned on discussing the location much. I mean I saw pics of this Red Streak, and it looks great, plus it has the bonus of being closer. Assuming no one had a major problem with it, like an allergy to pine, then I was going to go with it. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm being dictatorial, but it's hard to do this when no one's putting in their two cents. Here we are barely over two weeks from leaving and we don't have a final campground picked out. [face_plain]

As for the day, I just wanted to give some people who are coming, who don't check the boards every day a chance to see this (Angela, Lee, Connor).

Danny's the only one who's not coming who doesn't have a ride arranged, and I'm a little stressed out because he's not the only one. Not counting Connor's van since he's not taking passengers we only have two cars; Liann's and Mark's, and neither can take very much by way of people on top of gear.

So, please, forgive me Terry, as your attendance isn't the foremost thing on my mind. The simple fact of the matter is that unless the car situation changes half our fanforce won't be able to go, even though they want to. [face_plain]

So if you guys want to move this to the weekend, I can do that, but Saturday evening is out for me :)

Sorry.

18. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    A Canadian allergic to pine [face_laugh]

poor bastards

Anyways Today or Thursday works for me but let me know before 5:00 pm today because if we're doing this today I'll just come straight there from work.

19. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I think Berx is right. And the 2 people who DID need to attend at the time that Berx posted the day said pretty much any day would work. It was only afterwards that Danny said he couldn't make thursday. Maybe Berx isn't available wednesday, and that is why he made it thursday?

20. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    LOL, I agree Mark. :p

Berx: I wasn't offended just confused. Now I'm starting to be offended at the idea that the only reason I could possibly ask a question is because I'm being a petulant 5 year old because I can't come to the meeting.
    I don't even see the point to the meeting. I can sum it up.
    Has car:
    Liann (4)
    Mark (4)
    Connor (3) I beleive he said they could take one passenger. If that has changed why wasn't it posted?
    John ? does he have a vehicle?
    =11 seats
    Now we have the confirmed people comming:
    Berkley
    Shanna
    Liann
    Terry
    Mark
    Connor
    Connors Dad
    John
    Angela
    Danny
    Lee?
    =11 people
    I don't see a problem. We just have to get together before hand and arrange a gear dump where it can be loaded properly so it will all fit.

Can we have people posting new or changed information where everyone can read it please, rather that the ever present "well so and so said the other day...". I'm also still not comfortable that the B.C. party hasn't posted. The fact they have contacted you is irrelevent to me as it wasn't in any public form.

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, do you remember how much gear we had the van loaded with last year? That was WITH every single seat but the driver's in John's car loaded up. Steve didn't take anything up because he was pretty last minute. That was with only 6 people on the trip.

We have 11 people, plus gear.

Since we're going through Calgary Connor can't take passengers. At the last meeting he said unless we were going to Jasper he couldn't take passengers. He's taking his Mom and his brother with them til Calgary because they're going to visit relatives. If that's changed since then, then thanks for informing me. [face_plain]

Now we have a van that can take a good chunk of the cargo, but that still leaves us with 8 seats in a perfect world. Now Liann, do you remember how much room we had left on the indy trip? Now times that by two, because tents, chairs and coolers take up a lot of room (we need 3 and Connor can't take all of them). You're taking 3 people so you've said. My PERSONAL opinion is that even that's too much for a car your size (day bags, duffel bags and sleeping bags?).

The same goes for Mark. His is a big bigger at a mid-size but it'll still be tight. So far Mark has barely even mentioned taking one person, so let's just ASSUME he'll take 4 on top of cargo. I know his passengers would split the cost of gas but he hasn't said one way or the other how many he can/wants to take.

There's no question mark beside Lee. Last time I spoke to him he was coming.

John still doesn't know how he's getting there. Hence the meeting. Neither do I.

The B.C. 'party' consists of Rani and Derisa and their families. Rani has good and valid reasons for not posting, that I won't post because I don't know if it's information I'm free to give out. Derisa on the other hand could be busy for all we know. When I spoke to her (last week) she was in the process of finding a job and moving. They are coming, the only matter that needs to be settled is the kitchen, which John helpfully reminded me of not more moments before posting this. I will email Rani and see what's up with that.

Now the purpose of this meeting is to get travel arrangements settled. You, Liann and Shanna aside from Mark & Connor are the only ones who have nothing to worry about. We still don't know who or how many people will be riding with Mark. We don't know if Lee's driving himself. These are the things we need to worry about. If you think we have nothing to worry about, great, because YOU don't. You have a ride. There are still people who may not be able to come because of the situation, so please understand if we want to get everything squared away.

22. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Don't underestimate the power of the Luggage Side... for once you start down the packing path, forever will it dominate your cargo space; consume it it will... as it did my car last year.

:D

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    You do not know the weight of the Luggage side [face_devil]

Yeah, we don't even know how much Rani and Deris can bring. AFAIK, Rani's bringing the Centennial Falcon again, but with her and Deri's fams their room will be severly limited, so the onus might fall on us to bring more to cover the lack of supplies. :(

24. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Berx,

I apprieciate all the effort you are putting into this to find us a ride. Thanks buddy! :)

But if you can't find enough rides (which it looks like it maybe an issue) then I will step out for this one, there's always next year :)

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    No worries, Danny. I mean, you're far from the only one in this boat. ;)

If I don't get a ride I ain't coming, and if that's the case I'll be severly unhappy [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.