Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jul 10, 2005.
If worse comes to worse, we rent a van and pile on in!!!
i'm sure we all understand how important it is to get this sorted out, but waiting an extra couple days so everyone can attend won't make a huge difference in the long run and its probably best that everyone is there and apprised of whats going on, i'm sure we can get everything in, our two trunks must be equivalent to john's whole car, plus with only four passengers theres still room to cram stuff in the backseat as you know, quite a bit of stuff can fit in and i'm sure the mini van can hold quite a bit, also its not as cold as last time so people might be bringing less stuff if thats all the vehicles we have, we'll have to make do, i'm sure if we pack carefully everything will fit. tents and chairs don't take up much room they pack up quite small.
you say you weren't planning on discussing the location much and that no one is putting in their two cents, but you haven't asked where we'd prefer stay, if you want an opinion red streak would be good cause it has the group camping. so are we going to call and reserve the group site in advance?
it would be nice if rani and derissa could let us know sometime soon if we need to bring supplies because that could make a huge difference, i know they must be busy with their own lives but this has been in the works for a long time and they should know by now if we need to bring anything, its getting a little late to be telling us otherwise.
now that you've posted the outstanding issues we all know the situation it makes things a little clearer, communication is a good thing
since we're having a meeting we also need to decide what time we are leaving, where we all meeting up and an equipment dump would be good so everything can be packed up before hand
perhaps is Mark and Connor could post how many people they can take and John and Lee could post if they are driving we could clear a few things up
I am driving. My trunk is huge and will hold many items. The cooler, my tent, chairs, clothes, an axe etc. I could probably cram more in there if need be.
I can take up to 3 additional people with me.
I am going to be cargo and there is a slim chance I might have room for two people.
so we should have room for everyone if we have to we can squize a fifth person in someones car till we get to calgary and connors mom and brother get dropped off
Like I said, huge trunk
Good idea Liann, we would have to find a place to meet up in Calgary.
And aside from Saturday (or whenever we're going to see that blasted movie) I don't mind moving it to the weekend. In fact I think that'd be better, because as you said it's even more time for people to make it.
Since the start of planning there hasn't been much weigh-in let alone attendance at meetings. With 11 people coming we've averaged maybe 4 people per meeting.
Also, forgive me if I'm a little frustrated, but people haven't been to helpful on the matter of deciding things like this. It gets supremely annoying to hear absolutely nothing at all, then when I make a choice on my own it gets sniped on.
EDIT Oops, changed your post on me
Regarding what I post in the WC forum (and forgive me if I sound dictatorial), but when I said 'decision' I pretty much just meant I'd see if there were major objections that would prevent us from camping there. Like I said before, I've had to make several decisions on my own, because no one wants to speak up. Red Streak is closer to the hot springs which will likely be a major attraction for us and will see much use.
I'm in communication with them now on the matter. Personally, I have faith that they'll come through, we just need some patience. I'm expecting an email back soon and as soon as I know anything then you'll all know.
I agree with you there.
[qupte=liannb]perhaps is Mark and Connor could post how many people they can take and John and Lee could post if they are driving we could clear a few things up [/quote]
Done on Connor and Mark's part, but John still doesn't know how he's getting there.
All I can really say is maybe I'm stressing about nothing, but making sure I can get to an event I planned is kind of important to me.
The simple fact is that we need to have this meeting if not for transportation then the reasons Liann mentioned. I just want it known that MY main concern right now is getting there. If we don't have a kitchen planned out it's no big deal. We hit the safeway before we leave and worry about our own food.
if your in communication with Rani and Derisa perhaps you could get a list from them of what they're bringing so we aren't bringing more things than we need too, like coolers etc.
sorry about the campsite edit i forgot which had the group camping, if you want feed back just ask and go with those who you get a response from and if no one replys then they can't complain its hard to get responses from everyone
so we're covered for transportation, and if john drives then we just have more room. is rani and derisa going down thurdsay or friday?
Why don't we just try to get a group site at Red Streak tommorow and be done with it. If they're booked up we can worry about Thursday then. Even if we don't quite make the 15 people (which I'm pretty sure we do) as long as we pay for the full 15 I don't think they'll care.
Side note, if we do have to fend for ourselves food wise I'm still willing to arrange something if I have a few days notice, just don't expect the same level as last year, I don't do quiche on camping trips.
Just remembered that this probably isn't an option. I remember hearing on the news that the World Masters Games (?) is going to be in town until just about that weekend so it'll be impossible to get hotels in town or rent a vehicle.
Also remembered that because I needed to try and rent a van for work, but I couldn't get anything til August no matter who I called.
No saying we can't try though.
so should we go ahead with red streak for a campsite, does anyone object, who would like to call and make a reservation? should be made right away
I'll try and call them this afternoon. I've got a bit of running around to do first.
I will know more regarding the transportation situation on my end by saturday afternoon/evening.
so should we have a meeting sunday then?
IIRC, John has his kids this weekend so a meeting would be out til Wednesday. I'd really like him to come voice his opinion since he hasn't been able to make it to a meeting yet.
Can't they come? I don't think the meeting will take that long, I mean I can bring some crayons.
Berx, did you get any a hold of anyone?
If it is going to be a quick meeting, I can bring em along. Or we could even meet at a McDonalds that has a PlayPlace... that usually keeps em occupied for a good long while... LOL
Ah, the joys of Playplaces, I remember them well. You can kill half an afternoon with a happy meal, a super sized pop and a good book.
I don't get to read... they yell at me from all the places you can look out from: "Look at me!!!"...
so does sunday afternoon at a mcdonalds work for everyone?
Sure. How does 2pm at the McD's on 178th & 100th ave sound?
would 3pm be ok, we have plans earlier in the day and we don't want to be rushing
I will need a ride if anyone is willing to give me one. My parents will be at the champ car races.