main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Urgent Message For AD&D RPGers

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Soup, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Tomorrows gaming session has been cancelled due to people not being able to make it and so Jester and I can work on the new campaign.

Sorry for the late notice and I hope everyone gets the message.

DS

2. Sith_Jester

Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    Guess that means I need to print off some of my work and bring it over, do I still need to bring nibblies?

3. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Nah, don't worry about nibblies, but we might go pick up some dinner at some stage....

4. BoNgSaBrE

BoNgSaBrE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
  5. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I knew there was something I was sposed to do last night.. after jumping thru hoops trying to get finance on a new vehicle I got home at 7pm with a major headache and went straight to bed. I reckon my altzheimers is kicking in again

6. Sith_Jester

Sep 28, 2001
    *sorry, this didn't start as a long post*

dat's ok.. ive nutted out half of a prestige class and im working on some more NPC's and I have a couple of threads of story worked out for the *pre*adventure to get the players into the groove and familiar with a few of the key NPC's to the main plot.

Stats are 7* 5d6 drop the lowest two die scores, this means you have the same range for stats 3-18 however your average scores *should* be higher (you will be keeping the 7th ability score)

Player Characters will likely be between level 2 and 5. I'll proly start everyone at level 3 but have yet to test the depth with some of the NPC villans as it were.

Weapons you will be pleased to know, in certain areas are only available for purchase at a minimum of +1 however prices are higher in proportion.

Magic is a little hampered but only for certain schools and domains, others are enhanced. Sorry less is more in this case.

Equipment is vital, footwear is a must, food and water calculations will be let slide.

Time is NOT your friend.

Fatigue is planned to be worked in, you will NOT be able to slay a beholder in one room and then walk into the next room and kill three goblins you WILL get reamed ;)

You WILL have a reputation that can be a blessing or a burden. Expect to be treated horribly by your enemies friends.

What I want from the players:

Fun: Exactly that

Real Role Play: that is a well thought out and understood character that will bring itself to the table.

What I will (hopefully) be offering:

A challenge: An environment that is harsh and forboding with a rich texture of cultures and NPC's to interact with.

Fun: exactly that

This is not really going to be a beginners game but new players are always welcome :)

I think thats everything I'm prepared to say at this point

*catches breath*

7. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I think I may be able to speak for SL,SG and myself at least, by saying YIKES!!!

8. Sith_Jester

Sep 28, 2001
    Just remebered, I need some texts on fuedal japan, kung fu and a few monster manuals even if they are 2nd ed (ive kindof worked out how to convert them)

Um, ranged weapons may get a little bit of a spicing.

If anyone has the druids handbook (3rd ed) I would like to borrow it, is the only one I don't have on easy access.

Lycanthropy and Vampirism will be treated a a disease, *nuff sed*

Will keep people posted,

oh, please email me a brief summary of the character you think you would like to play ie race, class, rough background and alignment.

whosyourdaddy@pimp.ii.net

I will be posting a nice juicy blurb to give you more of an idea of setting and will be adjusting PC's sent to me accordingly.
    (rolling will still be done at the first session)

that will be all
    *click*

9. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
    Thats sounding rather fun...
    Emailing now...

10. Jedi_Pharie

Jedi_Pharie Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    that's, an interesting, email address.

<backs away, avoiding eye contact, then bolts for the door>

11. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    Vampirism is a disease..now he tells me :p

12. Sith_Jester

Sep 28, 2001
    I own the subdomain, if you want an address @pimp.ii.net PM me

On a slightly different topic I'll be posting the blurb sometime either tonight or tomorrow

13. UmmYep

Apr 25, 2001
    So... hows that blurb coming along??

14. Sith_Jester

Sep 28, 2001
    Unfortunately due to a significant scheduled outage of several hours of length I will not be posting a blurb tonight, I will instead be shifting, lifting and hefting peices of equipment and rolls of cable

15. UmmYep

Apr 25, 2001
    No worries, Take your time...

16. Sith_Jester

Sep 28, 2001
    The blurb *is* on its way. I have it here and I am reworking it to be more occularly friendly and less jargonistically painful.

*trust me* :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.