main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA URGENT: SAC CON UPDATES AND ROLL CALL

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Sorry for the new thread but I just got off the phone with LDV and he is pretty much out of commission with Bantha Flu.

Going through the other Sac Con Thread it's difficult to get an idea of whom is going for sure and who is not.

We can work out some way to go get the banner and other various things from LDV...but

If we don't have enough Rogues to make it work I can call and cancel our table. (sucks since the Sac Con website now lists us as guests for the first time)

So what we need is a Rogue Roll Call

Who's planning on going to the convention (for sure)?

and is there someone that can get the banner from LDV? I'm stuck at work late every night and I have a screening tonight as well. On Sat I'm planning to go get a new transport (I hope) so my only shot might be very late on Saturday....kinda risky if we want to pull this off.

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I will be there in the morning, but I'm not sure how much I will be able to help.
    I *may* be able to go get the stuff from LDV this week and have it at the con before it officially opens on Sunday if someone can meet me there around 9 and help set it up.
    Call me tonight at home if you can, Rogue 2.

3. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I can get there early to help set up, one question though... are we setting up the whole photo , green screen stuff because without LDV or aj I wouldnt know the first thing about doing it.

4. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I can be there early that part is easy.

The Greens Screen Photo's wouldn't be an option without LDV and/or AJ. I'm in the same non F/X pic know how boat.

We'd just be there handing out flyers and talking to people.

Lets hope we get enough Rogues.

Since I want to be able to cancel the table early enough as not to ruin any good standings with the Convention I'll give the Rogues until Friday at Noon to respond.

5. Enzerumo

Enzerumo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2005
    like I said ill be there at 9:00 on the dot with at least my brother and a friend or 3 we could count them as unofficial rogues for the time being to help out at the table if not thell bump around talking about video games ill be bringing my halo 2 props as to attract gamers who might wana join if thats ok?And where the heck is AJ he must have been KDC(killed during Concert) in like Utah or some third world country.

I know how to green screen but in only 1 program The Gimp but I realy suck at it so Im out of that equation.

6. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Hi, I plan n being there. Matt will be there too. We will be able to work.

7. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    ldv cant make it

i am going to try and make it my son's birthday is saturday so i am hoping to mae it

8. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I can be there at 9:00am.

I can pick up the stuff from LDV house on Saturday. No prob!

9. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Well it looks like the Rogues have united and all is well with the universe :)

10. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Um I may be able to get a bus out there but will definatally need a ride home? Please pm me if anyone here would be willing to do this. I'll pay for gas...

11. menike

menike Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2004
    I will not be able to be there as I have to study for a test the next day. I'm truly sorry. I couldn't make the last meeting so I didn't know about the Sac Con plans till the other day, on here.

12. Boba_Sivad

Boba_Sivad Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2006
    We three will be there. We are new to the club but not sure what we can do. Let us know what needs to be done and we can let you know what we can cover. I have a a S-10 truck if needed.

13. DarthDikum

DarthDikum Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    We plan on being there for the day and will arrive by 9.....How can we help?

Darth Di Kum and family

14. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Basically we'll set up the table with our banner, various flyers, photo albums, lightsabres (made and bought), portable dvd player, interactive R2 etc. Then when the con starts, talk to people who stop by and talk to them about star wars, what the club does, and recruit new members - although we probably dont want to talk about Blue Harvest ;) ;)

Since it sounds like we'll have a fair share of members present all we need to do is make sure there's atleast two people watching the table and stuff at all times.

15. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    bith there is only one rle about blue harvest

nobody talks about blue harvest[face_whistling]

16. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll be coming in with Avalyn... prepare for MUCHA LUCHA!

-TJ

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Wow......Seeing how this group has grown and come together really amazes me.
    There was a time when I was the one they went to when something HAD to get done. It's nice to know that there are others willing to step up. Thanks Avalyn for getting the stuff from LDV. Thanks to all the Rogues willing to be there early and set up as well as manning the table.
    Let's show them what our group is really about. It's not about the props, the toys, or the games...it's about family.

Form up Rogues, I have a GOOD feeling about this.

18. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    goodie I wont have to cancel plans or anything woot first some ?

My halo 2 props to attract gamers?

my brother and how ever many friends are there as temp rogues to help and premote the group(more people means more of a chance to get new recruits)?

what is the capital of Syria?

19. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005

Damascus. Some say it is the oldest city still around in the world.
    Too bad it is a haven for Anti-American terrorists.

MJ

20. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    ok who is bring potato head it isnt a party without potato head[face_clown]

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    well he[[, I am feeling better today, but from the looks of it, you don't need your fearless leader to show up then.

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Take care of yourself first, Devin. You are more than welcome to show up if you feel up to it, but it looks like the Rogues have your 6 and 7 and 8 and 11:30. ;)

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Thanks Hawkster ;)

For those who are going to be present Sunday and have cameras please bring them and take as many pics as you can. They don't necessarily need to be of the group, they can be of the entire Con experience. If they are digital camera's if you could please burn them to a disc and send them to me, I would appreciate it. I will have envelopes, with paid postage with my mailing address on them. Also, for those who have video cameras please bring those as well, and take as much footage as possible. I can edit it and have it ready for our next event, meeting or party.

24. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    the darkside is dwelling in me and because of situations beyond sithmastersaul's control, i will be falling out of formation until further notice....live long and prosper rogues.............to be continued hopefully soon

25. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    wait your a vulcan?I thought thi is a star wars board

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.