main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends us-hrok -- One-shot featuring Jaina, Jacen and Tahiri -- Invincible speculation posted 4/8/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Title: us-hrok
    Author: Kidan
    Notes: Just a scene that I'd like to see in Invincible

[i]us-hrok[/i]

Jaina stepped to the side, and blinked sweat from her eyes. Her saber throbbed in her hands, a deep rumbling she felt to the very core of her being as she faced her opponent. Her opponent's blade was a brilliant blue at the edges, deepening to a purple towards the hilt. Almost as if the very nature of the girl's conversion to the Dark Side of the Force was tinging the weapon she held.

As Jaina focused on the girl's green eyes, she had to blink again. This time it was tears she had to get out of her eyes.

Once upon a time, she had looked upon the girl as a sister. For a while during the Vong War she had been certain that Tahiri Veila would end up being her sister--that she'd finally have one. Then her younger brother had upped and died on them all. Jaina knew that Tahiri sometimes suffered bouts of depression and grief, yet she had never dreamed that the younger girl would fall under Jacen's sway.

Not like this.

She had to know.

"Why Tahiri? Why are you helping Jacen?"

Tahiri's lips twisted into a smile, one filled with maliciousness and hate. "Because he was able to show me Anakin..."

Jaina's world collapsed. Everything else in existence suddenly became a non-entity. There was just her, Tahiri and the overwhelming sense of betrayal that Jaina felt. Tahiri had seen her little brother; Jacen had shown him to her. "You... You've [i]seen [/i]him? Alive?"

Tahiri laughed. "Of course."

[i]Why wouldn't he have taken me or mom to see Anakin? [/i]Jaina though, even as the confusion flooded through her. She gave her head a quick shake. "That's not a very good reason to fall to the Dark Side."

Tahiri's amusement suddenly disappeared. All emotion seemed to disappear from the girl; all that was left was a hunger--a desperate need that gnawed at her.

"I didn't ask you," Tahiri finally replied.

Jaina nodded. "I know. But I told you anyways. Come back, please."

"It's too late for me Jaina. I'm happy here. I get to see my Anakin."

Jaina felt tears once more burn at the corners of her eyes. "It's never too late 'Ri. You're my sister, I love you."

The blond was about to respond, when a voice rang out, one that was cold, harsh and tinged with insanity, "That's enough out of you."

Jaina's gaze shifted from Tahiri to the source of the voice. Her brother, her twin, stood on an upper walkway. His black cloak fluttering in the thin breeze from the climate control systems.

Tahiri looked at him. "But Master, I ca-"

"Enough!" He cut her off. "I will deal with my one-time sister."

Jaina gripped her blade tighter in her hand, her mind flicking back and forth over all the things she had learned during her tutelage underBoba Fett.

Jacen jumped off the railing, landing heavily on the deck, then he sprang forward. His blade ignited as he moved--a flash of crimson which she barely managed to block. She pushed away his weapon, and swung hard at her brother.

Thoughts of Mirta Gev, Boba Fett and Goran Bevin warred with one another. Mirta's voice begging her not to kill her brother. Goran's telling her to not hold back, while Boba's just laughed.

He blocked her attack, and a wave of telekinetic energy washed out from him. She threw up her sheilds barely in time, and felt the first stirrings of the state tugging at her consciousness. She knew how to win, and she also knew that that was all that mattered.

She let go.

She fell into the state, what Bevin had called total war.

It wasn't enough.

Fire raced up and down her body as it acted as a conduit for the lightning that Jacen poured into her. Finally it stopped, and Jaina curled herself up into a ball, tears burning her eyes. Tears fueled not only by the pain of the lightning, but also by the shame and guilt at not being strong enough to defeat her brother.

She knew there was no one left now. If Luke or Ben did it, they'd both end up on the Dark Side. None of the other Jedi were strong e

2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    first

wow. I knew some form of Riina would be crucial to Tahiri's redemption.
    It looked like Riina saved the day again!

Woot!

P.S.
    Are you implying that had Caedus flowwalked with Jaina to the past to see Anakin, that she would be in Tahiri's position now?

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Awesome, Kidan =D= I love the parallels to Luke/Vader/Sidious on board the second Death Star in RotJ and Vader's redemption. I was also glad to see you connecting it all back to FH: Reunion.

Great fic :D

4. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Wow! I really liked your speculation here. I wouldn't be disappointed if that's how it ended up happening. Well, maybe a little disappointed, cause at this point I want to see Jaina kick some sith butt. :D

Awesome job!

5. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    DARTH_MU
    first
    aye, that you are :)

wow. I knew some form of Riina would be crucial to Tahiri's redemption.
    It looked like Riina saved the day again!

Woot!

hhe, that's definitely one way of looking at things...

P.S.
    Are you implying that had Caedus flowwalked with Jaina to the past to see Anakin, that she would be in Tahiri's position now?

nope... more like she's wondering why Jacen wouldn't have taken her or her mom to see Anakin but would take Tahiri...

YodaKenobi
    Awesome, Kidan =D= I love the parallels to Luke/Vader/Sidious on board the second Death Star in RotJ and Vader's redemption. I was also glad to see you connecting it all back to FH: Reunion.
    Thanks!! I was a tad hesitant about those parallels, but figured if DR could perform blatant theft from the prequels, then I could fix things with a good dose of OT ;)

Great fic :D
    again, thanks! and thanks for reading!

jadesabre75
    Wow! I really liked your speculation here. I wouldn't be disappointed if that's how it ended up happening. Well, maybe a little disappointed, cause at this point I want to see Jaina kick some sith butt. :D
    Thanks! And yeah, it'd be fun to see Jaina whoop up upon Jacen, but I'm still hoping for Tahiri to redeem herself somehow...

Awesome job!
    thanks!!

6. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Aww, I really hope this happens in Invincible, too!

Tahiri smiled, a small, sad smile. "It's a promise, one I made to you years and years ago, right after Tahiri and Riina merged into me. You were the one that helped me, and long before I allowed myself to fall under Jacen's sway, I promised you my loyalty and that I'd do anything to protect you. Even if that meant I'd have to give up the chance of seeing Anakin again."

In fact, if Tahiri doesn't either turn back or end up being a double agent, I'll be really upset :mad:

7. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Tahiri's lips twisted into a smile, one filled with maliciousness and hate. "Because he was able to show me Anakin..."

That is just twisted ? :(
    The statement ? ??cause he showed me Anakin? ? how desperate must she be?! [face_worried]

"That's not a very good reason to fall to the Dark Side."

I agree with that :p

"Enough!" He cut her off. "I will deal with my one-time sister."

:eek: now that is just wrong

"Some sword, huh Tahiri." Jacen's voice taunted at her, let her know that he still knew what she was thinking.

She will teach him a lesson, just for that ;)

"Yes, Master," came Tahiri's replied; oddly muted.

A small hand brushed the hair from her face. "Jaina... oh Jaina, I'm so sorry, please be alive..."

Jaina rolled over to look up at Tahiri. "Thanks... sister..."

Ohhh me very much like that :D :D
    Tahiri doing the right thing in the end

------------------------

Jaina winced as she leveraged herself out of her chair. Pain flared in her stomach for a second, but Jaina ignored it. She limped over to the blond girl and threw her arms around her. "I'm sorry you lost that chance, but I know that he'd be happier with you as a Jedi."

He certainly is :D

This is a speculation I like
    Well done Kidan =D= :D

~ Mags ~

8. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    MarasFire
    Aww, I really hope this happens in Invincible, too!
    aye! it would be great.

In fact, if Tahiri doesn't either turn back or end up being a double agent, I'll be really upset :mad:
    aye! Of course I don't expect it to happen, after all, LFL/DR seem to take perverse pleasure in stomping upon anything connected with Anakin Solo....*shrugs*

Maggy
    That is just twisted ? :(
    thanks!

The statement ? ??cause he showed me Anakin? ? how desperate must she be?! [face_worried]
    *shrugs* I wouldn't have thought that desperate, but unfortunately, we're getting this type of Tahiri in pro-fic....

I agree with that :p
    as do I... but again... take a gander at the idiocy of pro-fic...

:eek: now that is just wrong
    :D

She will teach him a lesson, just for that ;)
    or at least try...

Ohhh me very much like that :D :D
    Tahiri doing the right thing in the end

great!!!

He certainly is :D
    aye!

This is a speculation I like
    Well done Kidan =D= :D

Thanks Maggy!! an thanks for reading

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You used that scene in Reunion! Yay!

Jaina knew that Tahiri sometimes suffered bouts of depression and grief, yet she had never dreamed that the younger girl would fall under Jacen's sway.

Not like this.

Me neither. :(

Why wouldn't he have taken me or mom to see Anakin? Jaina though, even as the confusion flooded through her.
    Interesting question actually. It certainly shows Jacen's intent is far from altruistic. Surprise, surprise. ;)

I like the way you worked this into the existing storyline with the Mandos:
    Thoughts of Mirta Gev, Boba Fett and Goran Bevin warred with one another. Mirta's voice begging her not to kill her brother. Goran's telling her to not hold back, while Boba's just laughed.
    I'm with Goran on this one. LOL

I am SO pleased to see Tahiri's promise to Jaina being used. And I love the way you related it to Luke saving his dad. It gives the whole thing a sense of history and balance. This is awesome, Kidan - I enjoyed this tremendously.

10. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Tahi
    You used that scene in Reunion! Yay!
    aye, that i did :)

Me neither. :(
    who did?

Interesting question actually. It certainly shows Jacen's intent is far from altruistic. Surprise, surprise. ;)
    heh--that's the truth

I like the way you worked this into the existing storyline with the Mandos:
    :cool:i tried

I'm with Goran on this one. LOL
    me to :)

I am SO pleased to see Tahiri's promise to Jaina being used. And I love the way you related it to Luke saving his dad. It gives the whole thing a sense of history and balance. This is awesome, Kidan - I enjoyed this tremendously.

Glad to please! and I'm happy that you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for reading!

11. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Don't know how I missed this.
    I loved how it tied in with the previous books here.
    Great job Kidan!

12. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    star_writer24
    Don't know how I missed this.
    if memory serves, it dropped rather quickly *shrugs*

I loved how it tied in with the previous books here.
    thanks! That's what I was after :D

Great job Kidan!
    again, thanks! and thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.