USA Soccer Team

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by The-Chosen-One91, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    T&T are still a decent team, even without Dwight Yorke. I'd expect them to qualify.
  2. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    But that's the thing about Dwight Yorke. T&T is lost without him, if he doesnt play another game or two, T&T could be in a big hole.
  3. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    They need to get over him. The guy's retired several times and is 36 for pete's sake. Long gone are the days when he was winning the highest club honours you could get with Man Utd. Time for the young up and coming players to take the reins.
  4. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6
    I I think the qualifiers from the Cancafac will be USA, Mexico, Guatemala and Costa Rica for the playoff.
  5. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh i completely agree with you, i just don't think they will. which will be unfortunate considering their 2006 world cup appearance.
  6. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, like it much matters... but the US beat up on the highly talented Cuba squad 6-1. Well we're in the final round of qualifying now. Altidore got a goal... finally we're starting to play our younger guys and the mexicans got it handed to 'em by Jamaica. hahahahaahahahahahaha... oh yeahhh!!!
  7. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
    Yeah Mexico taking it was sweet.
  8. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6
    we should coast into the world cup
  9. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    How far do you guys think the USA can get in the 2010 World Cup?
  10. DarthIntegral Manager Emeritus and July Tiemaster

star 8
    My hope is always that they make it to knockout stage.
  11. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Always respectable. I can see the USA making it to the quarter-finals, though it depends a lot on their route to the knockout stage.
  12. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    pfft!

If it's anything like 2006... I'm sure we'll see a group stage exit again. But, as long as they start playing Altidore and Adu more... get 'em some more experience we might make the knockout round. Depends also on if Donavon will show up for this WC.
  13. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6
    really the most important factor is the groop draw. We got a helluva group in 2006. So hopefully we will get like Saudi Arabia and teams like that in our group.
  14. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    well we started our new guys and, though it doesn't change our standing, got beat 2-1 by T&T. No worries though.
  15. Onoto Jedi Knight

star 5
    Making it out of group play should be the goal. After that, we're playing with house money.
  16. Kyp Jedi Master

star 4
    Will never happen.

England will never get that far.
  17. Lowbacca_1977 Jedi Master

star 6
    I like the chant. Personally, I don't care about USA during world cup... I default to caring about Australia for that.
  18. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, into the final round of qualifying. Not sure if any saw the game last night (USA 2 Guatemala 0)... but was nice seeing Altidore and Adu performing well and Adu scoring on the free kick. Sure... it was against pitiful Guatemala... but... well it was nice. The final round starts up in Feb. I do think we have a friendly against Sweden sometime in between now and then...
  19. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
    I watched the game last night. The Goal was sweet by Adu. Nice to see the youngsters getting some got PT. When do the 2nd round announcements come out?
  20. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
    USA vs Mexico

Starts out with a bang
  21. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure did!! Talk about a stomping. What a great win, that's now eleven games here on US soil that we haven't lost to mexico.

US 2
    mex 0
  22. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
    What a great game for the US. The Donovan to Bradley connection was exciting. Thats how you want to start out Rd. 2.
  23. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
    This game is getting commical.

I have no idea what to think being down 1-2.

24. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6
    cannot lose to El Salvador
  25. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
    2-2? Not a very good game for the red white and blue. Almost won on that bicycle kick. I don't recall a game where so many players were taken off the field.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.