USA vs. IRAQ: part III (Official Iraq thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Cheveyo, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    But I'd appreciate if those nations going after him would just state their reasons plain and simple.

They have, repeatedly.

Iraq is to cooperate and disarm immediately and completely.

If they don't, war is the only plausible course of action left.

If we have to go to war, Saddam and his people are gone.

If he abides by the cease-fire treaty and the resolutions against him, we will not invade.

It's all up to Saddam.
  2. darthkevin954 Jedi Knight

I object to your superiority complex over middle easterners. They are just as cultured and advanced as we are. They need a dictator no more than Germany did 60 years ago.
  3. Red-Seven Manager Emeritus

star 5
    "You know, in every other English-speaking country, french fries are called chips."

Hahaahahhaha! Rock! I'm all for it, Che.
  4. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    but then what do you call chips? soccer?
  5. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Soccer" is Football to me.

"Football" is a sport played by wusses who wear too much padding, and have to stop after each play. Try running on a field almost non-stop for 45 minutes at a time. And the myth that soccer is wussy? Well, I don't know about you, but big sweaty guys bumping into each other then slapping each other's butts doesn't seem to manly.
  6. SnorreSturluson Jedi Master

star 4
    still think of fries as pommes fritz, thanks to living in Germany for 3 years. Confuses the hell out of the cashier at McDonalds.

It´s not "pommes fritz" (although it´s spelled like this) it´s "pommes frittes" ;).
  7. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Soccer is real football - a tough sport to play too, very hard on endurance. You should watch Australian Rules - I personally can't stand it but these guys hit each other at twice the speed of your NFL guys WITHOUT padding! :eek:

E_S
  8. TOUCHPUMP Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah soccer is a real tough sport. Like we have never seen a Euro mullet fake an injury ;)

I had to get that in before this thread is closed.
  9. Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Chips, now that has a good ring to it. I think it would go over here in the U.S. if people could get past the fact that potato chips here are the ones you get out of the bag. :)

I've eaten fish and chips in England, and I have to say they're pretty darned good.
  10. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Does anybody find it funny that our version of 'football' has very little to do with feet? I think we should rename it and call 'soccer', 'football'. I think it'd make a lot more sense that way. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.