main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Use and Abuse of Love (L/M viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    This isn't weird! [face_shocked] It's deep, sweet and real and the perfect epilogue to The Last Command. I can see Luke, all those years after RotJ, grown fully into his intrinsic compassion. And from the little I know of Mara from the Thrawn saga, this is also something she can be reduced to, especially as she realizes that her previous life was a lie.

?Catch me,? she breathed, looking into Luke?s shining eyes and warm smile, and let it go.

:_| :)

2. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Wow.

Very beautiful, Oba.

Everyone's pointed out most of my favorite lines, but I liked this one as well:

?Where the hell did you get so wise?? she said with a sarcastic edge.

She felt his shrug.

?Life,? he replied. ?Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. Vader and Anakin. Obi-Wan and his lies. Leia and her love.? He hesitated. ?Loss.?

There's a sad nobility in those lines and that's Luke all over. I wish more people would learn wisdom like this from their (real) life experiences, rather than bitterness and anger as so many often do instead. Great characterization of Luke.

And drunken Mara was fantastic. Her trust in Luke through the whole thing was obvious, and the end was perfect.

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Emmi: Thanks, darling. ;)

leia_naberrie: Thank you. [face_blush] I'm glad you like. :D I also agree with you - Luke grew up a lot in the movie trilogy, but I think he'd grow even further. As for Mara, she's one messed up girl, imho. ;) Also, I'm not saying the story is weird anymore - I've given up on that one. :p

Dancing_Jansons: Thank you. [face_blush] :D I'm glad you like the characterization of Luke - I do focus on Mara a lot here, so I was a bit concerned about his character. :) Aye, if only it were as easy to do as write. I'm glad you liked Mara, too. ;) And the ending is so sappy, I'm surprised it didn't overwhelm you. :p Thank you again. :)

4. Benjor45

Benjor45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2003
    Hey, Oba.

There's no need to say it anymore, but... it's not weird. :p

It's beautiful, Oba, beautiful.

I can't really add some constructive or meaningfull praise at the moment. Just would like pointing out the spot on characterization of Mara (even drunk!) and Luke. And it's good to know that Luke would never take phisical advantadge of Mara in a frail state of mind, just confort her.

Thanks for sharing, Oba. :)

5. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    This was a very nice viggie Obaona! In the beginning when I read the summary, I was a little iffy because I never pictured Mara being drunk, but you made it work very well, and I really liked it.

I think you've already gotten the message that this story's not weird, so I don't think I'll go there. ;)

The last line, I think, was my favorite when Mara says, "Catch me." Great job! :D

6. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Weird? Weird?? Hardly! This was just beautiful--sad and sweet and with a great ending. You made my return here absolutely delightful. Lovely vignette, as always. :)

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Benjor45: That's right. :p I lost that battle some time back. :p

Thank you. [face_blush] I'm glad you agreed with the characterization of them both. This fic is a bit out of the norm for even me, so it was - interesting. ;) And of course Luke would never do that! He's Luke. ;) Thank you. :)

Jade_Skywalker: Thank you. :D [face_blush] And I agree with you - the premise is iffy. I'm glad everyone thinks it worked out well, though! And yes, I have gotten the message that this is not weird. ;) I like the last line, as well, though I tend to think it's a bit sappy. ;)

Tilly: Thank you! :D Nice to see you around again, and I'm glad you enjoyed this. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.