main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Useful Tools and Resources for Writers | Come in and add your own! | Index updated 27 Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Don't tempt the person with really poor dexterity and fine muscle control with something that could be endless fun and lead to hilarity :p

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and mavjade like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Pfft...I never look at the screen and the keyboard when I'm writing. #mesamooienutsen

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

ThisIsMe1138 and teamhansolo like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Findswoman likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Famous literature - Words by numbers

[​IMG]

Findswoman likes this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Findswoman likes this.
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @Ewok Poet I'm not entirely sure the links you just posted belong in this thread [face_dunno] Wouldn't the Medium link be better placed in the OTP thread? As for the three Twitter accounts, I'm not too sure where they'd belong at all since they come across as just random thoughts; maybe the Plot Bunny thread?

@Briannakin @mavjade what do you think?

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I can see it going either way. It's not really the same as most of the links in this thread, and it might be better suited to a discussion thread where the ideas can be translated to writing such relationships. On the other hand people might find it useful for writing romance, especially a more subtle romance. As the thread host, where to draw the line is up to you.

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    This, basically. :)

Do what you like, it's your thread. I will be A-OK with whatever you choose.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks @mavjade! I think it's best to stick to generic tools and resources for this thread, as it could easily find itself overlapping with every other thread in resource. I saw that @Ewok Poet already cross-posted the link to the OTP thread, so it's all sorted out anyway.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Findswoman likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Gamiel likes this.
  14. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Idk if anyone's posted this yet, but here's a very cool name generator.

https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/

I found this while looking for Dark Elf names for an Elder Scrolls RPG I was making. It has quite a few Star Wars races as well, and it has a city name generator and a ship name generator as well.

mavjade likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    For you who want to use dinosaurs in your fic but don't want to use their scientific names so do the Dungeons & Dragons setting Eberron have some alternative names for some dinosaurs http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Dinosaur#Species

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The youtuber Shadiversity have a video series called Fantasy Re-Armed where he describe "What are the best and most practical REAL medieval weapons each of the classic fantasy races would use based on their physical characteristics?" and I thought that his discussions could be of inspiration for anybody trying to arm a non-human culture or person.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    This thread could be useful: IU GFFA University Lecture Topics

This page discuss ecopolis (city planets and mega cities) from a semi scientific point, it's originally for Warhammer 40k but the way the guy talk about it makes it useful for SW and other SF-universes.

B.t.w. @Chyntuck now when you are back, maybe you should update the list in the OP

Findswoman and Vek Talis like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    this site maybe could be useful http://www.technovelgy.com/ it's a collection of articles on inventions, technology and ideas of science fiction writers, with comments of similar tech in other books and/or real life. If nothing else its good for inspiration.

mavjade and Findswoman like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    This link seems to be broken :(

20. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    MACHICIOLATIONS!!!!

And what about dragons?

Gamiel likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What about them? They are are awesome, that's what.

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    It does stipulate "real", so unless you can find a way to weaponise Komodo Dragons, or believe that the fiery ones were/are real, that may be why they were not included.

Though, like Gamiel says, they can be awesome.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701 likes this.
  23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Context: Shadiversity kind of has his own little fandom. "What about dragons?" Is a Shadiversity fandom thing.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    There are shirts and all
    [​IMG]

Also, Shadiversity do have two videos where he talk about dragons: Best REAL medieval weapons to use against DRAGONS and What medieval weapons would dragon riders really use?

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 likes this.
  25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Truth. However, I think that now would be a good time to find something different to share, before someone accuses us of allowing Shadiversity to hold this thread hostage. [face_laugh]