main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Useless Dreams - Han/Leia, AU - songfic - now a short story! COMPLETE 1/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Useless Dreams
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Han, Leia, OC
    Genre: Songfic, AU
    Summary: What if Leia had made the choice to marry Prince Isolder?
    Notes: Inspired by the song ?Lips of an Angel? by Hinder
    Also, to prove that great (or in this case, warped) minds think alike, Gina and I were thinking about doing songfics for the same song at the same time. I've read hers, and it's gorgeous, as is all of her writing. You can find it here: Saying Goodbye

"Lips Of An Angel"

Honey why are you calling me so late
    It's kinda hard to talk right now
    Honey why are you crying is everything okay
    I gotta whisper cause I can't be too loud
    Well, my girl's in the next room
    Sometimes I wish she was you
    I guess we never really moved on
    It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
    It sounds so sweet
    Coming from the lips of an angel
    Hearing those words it makes me weak
    And I never wanna say goodbye
    But girl you make it hard to be faithful
    With the lips of an angel

It's funny that you're calling me tonight
    And yes I've dreamed of you too
    And does he know you're talking to me
    Will it start a fight
    No I don't think she has a clue
    Well my girl's in the next room
    Sometimes I wish she was you
    I guess we never really moved on
    It sounds so sweet

It sounds so sweet
    (And I never wanna say goodbye)
    Honey why are you calling me so late

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Useless Dreams

Han Solo did not usually sleep well.

That was nothing new, so he merely got up out of bed when he sensed that the night would not be a restful one. He looked over his shoulder at the woman sleeping so peacefully in their bed, and for a moment he envied her that state so much that he wanted to shake her, rob her of the peace that eluded him. Then he shook his head at his own foolishness and did not disturb her. At least one of them was sleeping, and besides, she looked tired.

With a sigh, he approached the window and looked out over Coruscant. It was the city that never slept, so he felt a bond with it. The traffic lanes were still buzzing with activity, the lights of all sorts of speeders and transports lighting up the sky. He found a sort of odd comfort in letting the lights lull him.

There was a cabinet with brandy in it by the window; it was all part of his nighttime routine. Not that he had to have a drink every night, just on?those nights, nights like tonight. He had finished the first snifter and was contemplating the wisdom of a second when he heard the chirp of the comm.

He did not need Luke?s damned Force to know who it was. There was only one person in the galaxy who would call him at this hour. For a moment, he considered ignoring it because he knew it would only bring him pain. Then, just as he had known he would, he hit the reply button and tried to tell himself that it was only because he didn?t want the noise to waken the woman sleeping in their bedroom.

?Hi,? Leia said quietly, her brown eyes red and teary.

With a grimace, Han took a seat, knowing that this would not be a quick call. He cast a guilty glance over his shoulder, but heard no one stirring in the bedroom. ?What?s wrong?? he asked.

?Han?? she said his name on a breath. ?I?I hope I didn?t wake you.?

?I wasn?t sleeping,? he told her. For a moment, the mere sound of his name on her lips struck him like a physical blow, bringing back memories of things that they could never recapture. Their

2. Kinderriegel

Kinderriegel Jedi Master star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    Wow, that was great. Very intense and so sad.
    I'm at a loss for words. Very well done.

Thank you for sharing this:)

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Girl! Nobody does Han like you! Excellent AU!

Favorite line:

?Good, glad to know you two kids are doing okay,? Han replied bitterly. His mouth twisted in a smirk that he knew was cold and cruel. He hated himself for it, but could not stop it. His hurt was too big to be contained in one body, so he would share some of it with her ? the cause of it all.

Blew me away with the intensity!

Bravo! =D=

4. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This was just...well, heartbreaking doesn't even begin to describe it. :_|

Despite his intentions, his hand come up to caress the screen as if he could reach through it and touch the silk of her skin. His fingers itched, hungry for the forbidden touch. He felt his gut clench in want and need. He hungered for her, ached for her?and in the end, it had not been enough.

Poor Han. :(

So sad, but SO beautiful, K! Just perfect! =D=

5. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Owwwww! That hit me right where it hurts VL!! There should be a tissue warning on that one. The writing is soooo wonderful, I felt all of the emotion from Han and Leia! I think regrets like that are something we can all identify with ,I can.

MAGNIFICO!!

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Wow, that's great. :cool: What an absolutely fantastic twist. I've seen "Leia marries Isolder" fics before, but never with the twist of Han being with someone else as well. I love how realistically you handle the concept, with both Han and Leia still half broken and unable to forget, but stubbornly and dutifully moving on with life even though they can't forget. Masterfully done. :cool:

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    :_|

I hope Isolder's being nice to Leia too!

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    :_| :_| Well, that was just plain sad. :_|

But wonderfully written, even if it was [face_devil]

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :_|

Wow, what a chilling story! Told so well... things aren't always what we want them to be, are they?

Great work, gal, as always!

10. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Oh, you make my heart ache.:_|

What a good story, though!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :_| :_|
    You're so good, it's sinful. This was all too plausible a tale. :( :( :(
    So GLAD it didn't REALLY turn out that way. :D

12. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Whhhaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!! That was really vivid and very... painful? I loved it. Poor Han and Leia... :(

13. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    :_| Good story. It's so sad and touching.

14. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Amazing! Incredibly intense. Loved it.

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Kinderriegel Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! :)

Jade_Pilot Aw, thank you! [face_blush]

Gina Han's adorable all heartbroken, isn't he? :p

AvenKiel Regret is a terrible thing to live with, especially where it concerns love. :_|

Gabri_Jade Thank you! I had fun writing it, well, in a strange and twisted way. Then Ynna decided that the story should go on a bit, and now it's a short story. Sigh...that always happens. :p

Golden_Jedi Oddly enough, we're about to find out. :D

PonyTricks I'm mean, I know. [face_mischief]

ginchy Nope, not always the way we want them.

Blue_Milkshake If I send virtual chocolate, will that make things better? [face_batting]

Jade_eyes It's hard not to see those two together. :_|

Arwen_Djo They're BOTH hurting.

alhana_antilles Glad you liked it! [:D]

ccp Thank you! :D

[b]Part II[/b]

[i]Six months later?. [/i]

There was a knock on the door.

Han got up with a grunt, and ambled toward the door. He wasn?t expecting company, but the smuggling business was not exactly formal. He peeked at the security screen and gaped at the figure waiting in the hallway. Quickly, Han palmed the door open and he stared at Luke Skywalker.

?Well, look what the rancor dragged in?I certainly didn?t expect it to be [i]you[/i], Kid.? Then he gave the younger man a crushing hug that lifted the Jedi off his feet.

?It?s good to see you too, Han,? Luke laughed. ?Can I come in now??

?Of course, Kid,? Han said with a shake of his head. ?Come on in.?

As they entered the living area, Ynna walked into the room, wiping her hands on a towel. She was an artist ? a successful and well-respected one ? and she had been painting in the studio she kept in their apartment. Luke?s eyes however, locked on her bulging belly. ?Wow!? he exclaimed loudly, prompting a giggle from Ynna. Luke blushed just as red as he had in the old days. ?I mean? Sorry, I didn?t know Han had gotten-?

Han tried to interrupt him, to tell him that no vows had been exchanged and that Han Solo was [i]not[/i] a married man, but Ynna stepped in and took care of the matter herself. ?We?re not married, so you didn?t miss anything.? She gave her hand a quick glance to make sure that she had gotten off all the wet paint and then held it out to Luke. ?I?m Ynna Sular,? she said as they shook hands. Then she patted her belly affectionately. ?And this little gambler is yet to be named.?

?Uh?congratulations,? Luke muttered, obviously still quite embarrassed. ?I?m Luke Skywalker.?

?I know,? Ynna said with a twinkle in her blue eyes. ?I?ve seen your face on a holo report or two,? she teased.

?Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about those,? Luke mumbled. To Han?s shock, Ynna reached out and lightly touched Luke?s cheek and laughed softly.

?You?re adorable,? she said. Then her lips quirked. ?And if I wasn?t so in love with the Corellian over there?? She winked at the two of them. ?But I think you both have things to discuss.? Ynna moved toward Han and gave his hand a light squeeze. ?I?ll be in my studio; I?ve still got work to do.?

Han watched her go, still somewhat dazed by Luke?s appearance and Ynna?s playful reaction to him. Apparently, the Kid had charmed her, he thought with bemusement. He turned to Luke. ?So?long time, no see, Kid.?

One blonde brow quirked and Han?s head dipped. While it was true that it had been two years since he had seen Luke, that had been solely Han?s decision. After more than two dozens attempts to contact Han, Luke had finally given up trying, much to Han?s relief. But now that there was some time and distance between him and the disaster with Leia, Han was surprised to find that he had missed Luke.

?Yeah, well?? Han muttered uncomfortably. ?Anyway? What brings you to our little corner of Coruscant??

Now it was Luke how appeared discomfited and that made Han nervous. ?Well, actually? Never mind,? Luke said. ?I?ll handle this o

16. Kinderriegel

Kinderriegel Jedi Master star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    Hi:)

Cool, you're continuing this. Great continuation. I just love your style. I can't wait to find out how things are going to develop:)

Thank you so much for sharing this.
    Kinderriegel

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Ynna turned to Luke. ?I?ll be honest, Luke, I hate your sister for what she?s done to Han.? She shrugged. ?She threw love away for the sake of political gain. But I don?t think she deserves to die for trying to do what she thought was right.? Ynna slipped her hand into Han?s sweaty grasp. ?If you don?t go and something happens to her, you?ll never forgive yourself. You know that.?

I just fell in love with that girl. Han better behave! Luke's reaction to Ynna was priceless.:D

18. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I'm so happy you've decided to continue this! It's fantastic! I can't wait to read what happens. :)

19. AniriRevan

AniriRevan Jedi Master star 1

May 21, 2006
    Unintentional epic, again?:p YEI!=D=

20. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    So glad you're continuing this! And I love Ynna, even just after two posts. But that's just a testament to your ability to create such fantastic OCs. :D It has to be so hard for her, to love a man whose heart is somewhere...else, at least partially.

Can't wait for more of this!!

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Kinderriegel I couldn't resist writing more about Ynna! :p

Golden_Jedi Ynna quickly took control of this story! :D

Jedi-Jade I hadn't planned on telling more of the story, but... [face_mischief]

AniriRevan It was supposed to be a vignette! :_|

Gina Hopefully, it won't be too long. :D

22. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm so glad that you're continuing this.

23. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Glad your continuing this. Ynna is very understanding![:D] Hmmmm.... I vote it should end up Han/Leia and Luke/Ynna. Isoldier should die in Leia's place![face_devil] Ok. All better from my evil muse. :D

24. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    OK, I'm hooked.

It's completely feasible that things could have gone this way in the pro fic. (Especially given the way things sound lately.)

I love your Han! You've got him spot on. I feel like if I close my eyes I could see him. Except then I wouldn't be able to read your words...:confused:

Ynna sounds like quite a lady. I like her!

25. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Oh man, this is realy great. The emotions are raw and very well written. If you start a PM list I would like to be on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.