main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Useless Dreams - Han/Leia, AU - songfic - now a short story! COMPLETE 1/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Interesting that both Han and Leia will now have daughters about the same age. I wonder if they will ever be friends with each other.

2. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. cannot wait for the next chapter.

3. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Blue eyes = What if Luke's the father!!!!??? ;)

4. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oooh, that's just evil! I'll just bet that baby gave a smile. Can't wait until Han hears the news, it's sure going to get interesting!

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= Great post.

6. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Yay for the baby!

7. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Poor Ynna, having to give birth without Han around- at least her friend was there to help her. Han will definitely be surprised when he hears from her!

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Awww! Now Han has a daughter! [face_love] He needs to 'do the right thing' and marry Ynna. I can't WAIT for Leia to meet Han's new love.... it's her turn to be jealous! :p

9. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Woohooo, this is looking soooo good! I love it, can't wait to read more!

10. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Han's got a big surprise coming his way...

It'll also be interesting to see Leia's reaction. I can't wait for more.

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    =D= =D= Keesee is cool! I love her driving habits. [face_laugh]

The depiction of the birth and nursing was great. Especially Ynna's reaction to Keesee saying she shouldn't curse in front of the baby. ROFL

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Han's a daddy! Yeah. He can spoil his little princess now.

13. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Hm, more soon? :D

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Golden_Jedi You ask, I deliver! :p

verybusy Han deserved someone special, even if it wasn't Leia! :)

Solo_Fan That might be a long shot! ;)

Tatooine_Ghost Sorry it took a while, but here it is! :D

Jedi-Jade YIKES! Of course, Ynna has blue eyes, too! [face_batting]

dm1 He gets the news in this chapter! :)

ccp Thank you!

jasa Babies are adorable! [:D]

jedi_princess18 Yes, he will! [face_mischief]

PonyTricks Yes indeed!

AvenKiel Thanks! :D

alhana_antilles And how! [face_laugh]

Alexis_Wingstar Keesee is a real character! I had fun writing her. 8-}

RebelMom And he will!

[b]Part VII[/b]

Luke came rushing out of the cockpit, alarming Han who sat with Chewie in the galley. ?What?s up, kid??

A huge grin on the Jedi?s face did not completely alleviate Han?s concerns. This was the [i]Falcon[/i] after all, his baby and a problem child at times. ?You have a message, Han,? Luke said, thrusting his hands into his pocket and looking quite smug. ?It?s kind of important.?

Throwing Luke a puzzled glance, Han pushed past him to move toward the cockpit. He did not worry about running into Leia, because she and Isolder had pretty much isolated themselves in their tiny cabin. And if that was how she wanted to pass the time, it was just fine by him.

But if Luke had broken his ship, there was going to be hell to pay, Han thought to himself. Behind him, he heard Chewie give a roar of Wookiee laughter, which did nothing to make him feel better. Chewie had the damnedest sense of humor, and something that amused the Wookiee was not guaranteed to evoke laughter in the humans around him.

Quickly sliding into the pilot?s seat, Han activated the comm screen and waited for the message to appear. A moment later, Ynna?s face came into focus and Han had to keep himself from giving a guilty glance over his shoulder. So what if Leia [i]did[/i] see Ynna? He had nothing to hide; he had been honest with Leia from the start. [i]She[/i] was the one who had turned their back on [i]them,[/i] not the other way around. Leia was his past, but Ynna was his future. Ynna and the baby were all that mattered now, not some ice princess and her little royal family. Still, Han found himself shifting subtly so that the comm screen would not be immediately visible to anyone who walked up behind him. Then he sighed, realizing what he had done and moved back to where he had been.

Ynna smiled wearily. ?Hi there,? she said in a drowsy voice. ?I just thought I?d let you know we have company.? Her smile grew sweetly secretive and she looked down in her arms. ?Your daughter made her appearance a few hours ago. Apparently, she can?t follow a schedule any better than you can.?

Han knew his mouth was hanging open and he merely gaped at her. ?The baby?? he asked, rather stupidly. ?[i]Our[/i] baby??

?The very same,? Ynna answered with a laugh. ?She was born two hours and?seventeen minutes ago.?

?It?s a girl?? Han asked again, feeling completely off-kilter.

?Yes,? Ynna explained rather patiently. ?That?s why I keep saying ?she? you silly man.?

?Are you all right?? Han finally got around to asking.

?I?m fine,? Ynna replied. ?Just a bit tired, that?s all.?

?Good,? Han said absently, straining to see what Ynna held in her arms. He could barely hear the soft murmur of a tiny voice. ?And the baby? She?s okay, too??

?She?s fine, a little tired and cranky herself, but fine.? Then Ynna winked. ?We?ll be waiting for you, and I hope you hurry home because I don?t want to name her until you?re here with me. So don?t let her go nameless for too long, okay gambler?? Ynna held up a tiny bundle, tightly wrapped in layers of blankets. A small face, somewhat red and grumpy stared back at him. The baby opened her eyes just a bit as if to peer out at him, but she must not have been too impressed by what she saw because she immediately broke into wails.

Han laughed

15. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Oh, Han, Han, Han. Sometimes you need Chewie to whack you upside the head before those types of words leave your mouth. [face_not_talking]

16. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    *sigh* :(

He sank down into his seat and buried his face in his hands and groaned. ?Oh gods, I screwed that up.? He raised bleary eyes to look at Luke. ?Didn?t I??

Oh well, I would rather say he just let his true feelings show. Someone has to be hurt nearly beyond believe. (Dunno if this is a proper saying) in order to be that cruel.

I think you captured Han's feeling perfectly. On one, he is happy about his daughter, and he certainly loves Ynna, but there is still the thought that this should be Leia's and his child.....

Yeah, I know you told me the end is already written, and I think I have some suspicions here anyway, Were you playing a word game with me here and I have already read it? but still... I'm wondering if you will ever let Hand get over this.

cheers,

VeryBusy

17. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Don't worry Han I've been there myself.

18. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Well, we certainly know Han's feelings. I'm glad he's got the daughter, but it should would have been nicer if he could have just bragged about her and not send barbs Leia's way. Oh well.

19. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Hehehe...[face_beatup]

I could have had the ice princess in my bed, but I got lucky.? His voice turned cool and cruel. ?She wanted a crown and now she?s got it. I wanted a real woman and I got that, too.?

Oh, Han, Han, Han... Ynna wouldn't be proud of you if she knew... Though she'll be flattered, I think... [face_worried]

20. Tatooine_Ghost

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it can not wait for the next chapter.

21. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    It will be interesting to see how Han tries to patch things up with Leia....

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    PonyTricks Han is in deep poo-doo, that's for sure! :p

verybusy Yes, it's Han's pain that made him lash out. No play on words, don't give me credit for more skill than I have. [face_laugh] You didn't miss a thing. :D

ccp If you've ever been in love, you've been there! [face_mischief]

RebelMom Yes, that would have been the smart thing to do. But this is Han!

Golden_Jedi First, Ynna would kick his butt. [face_beatup] And then she'd hug him. :*

Tatooine_Ghost Here you go! :D

jedi_princess18 Yes, it will. [face_mischief]

[b]Part VIII[/b]

Isolder barged through the galley door and picked Han up before pinning him against the wall, his feet dangling helplessly over the floor.

?Listen, Solo,? the prince ground out between clenched teeth. ?Why don?t you concentrate on not losing the woman you [i]do[/i] have rather than insulting the woman you [i]don?t[/i]?? He shook the smuggler a bit and then shouldered him in the gut ? hard. Han gave a muffled grunt, but remained otherwise silent. It seemed the safer route.

?Personally, I don?t know what Leia saw in you. I think you?re nothing more than a lowlife smuggler who happened to catch the eye of a princess with your half-baked charms and a smooth line,? Isolder sneered. ?But right now [i]my[/i] wife is our cabin?crying?.and I don?t like to see my wife upset. I?m sure that even [i]you[/i] can understand that.? He narrowed his eyes at Han. ?But if I see her crying again ? even if it?s because she?s cut her hand or has a bad headache, or just because she?s pregnant ? I?m going to hold [i]you[/i] personally responsible.? He smiled coldly. ?And that means I?m going to beat you until you can?t open that big mouth of yours for a few days. Your Wookiee friend here can pick up the pieces and put you back together on Coruscant. Who knows? Maybe your lady friend will even lend a hand. But you?ll leave my wife alone.? Isolder stared at Han, his eyes as cold as Hoth. ?Do we understand each other??

Han nodded mutely, his feet still dangling over the floor.

?Good,? Isolder said with a nod. ?You should go home to your woman and your daughter and try to keep them, because if you don?t stop thinking about Leia, you?re going to lose the mother of your child and then you really will be alone.? He released Han abruptly, letting the smuggler slide to the floor where he fell in an undignified heap. ?I?m glad we could get that worked out.? He nodded to Chewie and Luke and left the galley.

Throwing a disgusted look at Luke and his co-pilot, Han grumbled, ?Don?t everybody jump in to help me at once!?

?You had that coming,? Luke replied grimly as he offered Han a hand. Solo ignored the helping hand and struggled to his feet.

?Nice to know who your friends are,? Han muttered.

[i]You opened your mouth and inserted your foot, Han,[/i] Chewie growled. [i]Now you know what it tastes like.[/i]

?Very funny,? Han retorted and then winced as he gingerly probed his stomach with his fingers. ?That [i]pretty boy[/i] has a pretty hard shoulder.?

?Yeah, I noticed,? Luke said wryly. ?I could have told you he was in good shape. I?ve watched him train. He?s no weakling, Han.?

?Thanks for the warning,? Han snapped.

Luke shrugged. ?I didn?t tell you to run your mouth like that, you know.?

Han flushed and his lips narrowed mutinously. He was not about to admit he had been wrong; he?d rather die.

In a move that shocked both Han and Chewie, Luke pushed Han into a seat and hovered over him, anger showing in the taut lines of his face. ?Listen to me, Han, I like you. You?re a good friend and I would have been glad to see my sister marry you.? Han started to speak, but Luke held up his hand. ?But she didn?t. She chose to marry Isolder. He?s a good guy too, and he?s tried to do right by her.?

Luke paused and stood up, putting his hands on his hips. ?I shouldn?t tell you this, but I think you need to hear it.? Luke glared down at Han. ?Leia was in bad shape when she first married Is

23. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Looks like Leia is taking the first step. Let's hope they come out civil.

24. Tatooine_Ghost

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it, Mama Vader. Can not wait for the next chapter.

25. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    I always knew that leia was the more mature of them both...

(sigh) Well, maybe this ewill get me kicked out of the H/L community, but I have to say what's right... Go, Isolder! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.