main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Useless Dreams - Han/Leia, AU - songfic - now a short story! COMPLETE 1/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Well.... I don't know about that! [face_thinking] - Han WAS out of line, but Luke was the person that inserted Han into that uncomfortable situation to being with. Surely, Luke HAD to think something unpleasant would occur during this trip.

2. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    You surely put Han through a lot of things here [face_thinking] ..... well it is good that Leia is able to overcome her own hurt and at least starts to talk again.

Don't know if I should take sides here.... I feel with Han I guess...[face_worried]

cheers,

VeryBusy

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Isolder went a bit too far. This is not entirely Han's fault. Yes he played his part but not alone. I don't understand why they all see her as a saint. Also does nobody else know that she has been calling him up until a couple of months ago? Wouldn't she be more to blame for Han's outburst?

4. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Oooh, what a good post.

Go Isolder! *runs and hides from the rotting veggies lobbed her way*

He was not about to admit he had been wrong; he?d rather die.[face_frustrated]
    I know people like this and they drive me crazy. But really, this is powerful insight into Han's character.

Can't wait to hear what comes out of the next conversation. Hopefully Ynna's decision will work out for the best...

5. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Well, Han got what he deserved. At least he's finally understanding what he did was wrong- hopefully it won't be too late to patch things up.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    RebelMom Let's hope! :p

Tatooine_Ghost Thanks!

Golden_Jedi Isolder's not a bad guy, his only problem is that he ISN'T Han Solo! [face_laugh]

PonyTricks Luke is sometimes a bit naive. [face_whistling]

verybusy I don't think anyone is bad here, it's an uncomfortable situation for EVERYONE!

ccp There's plenty of blame for everyone. But let's face it, you're going to side with your pregnant wife. ;)

Blue_Milkshake It seemed right for Han's reaction, at least initially. :D

jedi_princess18 I can see we have two lines of thought: Han was wrong and Han was right. [face_laugh]

One more post to go!

[b]Part IX[/b]

Han turned to see Leia standing in the doorway of her cabin. She looked pale and drawn, her hands gently cradling her belly. Had his thoughtless, cruel words done that?

?Where?s Isolder?? he asked, though that had not been what he had intended to say. He winced at the harshness of his own voice, but Leia did not seem to hear it.

?He?s visiting with Chewie,? she explained and then moved aside, inviting him inside the cabin with the gesture. ?Please, we need to talk.? All of her previous anger at him seemed drained away, leaving behind only a sad resignation. To see her so listless moved him as nothing else had done and he felt a twinge of uncomfortable guilt. How long was he going to punish her for not choosing him? He had always known that to Leia, the galaxy came before her own needs and desires. Unfortunately, what was best for the galaxy was to leave Han Solo behind.

?Uh? Is he gonna be upset if I come in there?? Han asked cautiously, throwing a look over his shoulder. He had not forgotten the cold anger on Isolder?s face.

Leia shook her head and beckoned him forward. ?No,? she replied softly. ?I already told him that I needed to talk to you.?

Giving one more look toward the galley where he could hear Chewie?s soft woof of laughter, he nodded and moved toward her at last. When he got to the doorway, she stood still for a moment and he felt her belly brush against him. Inside of her, the baby moved, a motion strong enough for him to feel it, just a barely-there touch on his hip. Her child?[i]Isolder?s[/i] child. It was a fluttering he knew well from those nights he had held Ynna in his arms.

Suddenly, Leia?s other life ? her [i]real[/i] life ? seemed real to him as well. In that moment, Han realized that Leia no longer was part of his world and he closed his eyes briefly before nodding and moving into the cabin.

By some unspoken agreement, they stood as far from each other as they could in the close confines of the cabin, Leia pressed up against one wall and Han leaning against another. For a moment, he let his eyes travel over her, from her meticulously arranged hair to her little feet, barely peeking from beneath the hem of her full robe. She was dressed in white, as she had been when he first saw her, and that old memory stabbed at him for a moment. ?Listen, Leia,? he said and stopped when she began laughing. ?What??

She hid her mouth behind her hand and shook her head. ?I?m sorry, it?s just that you never?? Her expression grew solemn and she shrugged. ?You never call me Leia??

?Your highnessess just doesn?t have the same ring to it anymore,? he said with a sad half-smile. ?Besides, now that it doesn?t annoy you, it isn?t nearly as much fun,? he confessed.

?You?re incorrigible,? she scolded, but some of the old warmth was in her eyes. ?Han I-?

He held up one hand and shook his head. ?Enough,? he said softly. ?I?m sorry for what I said. It was wrong, and it was mean.? Han smiled again, but this time there was a touch of bitterness to it. ?I was drunk, but that?s no excuse. Mostly I was just jealous, plain and simple.?

?I?m so sorry,? Leia whispered, wringing her hands for a moment before she seemed to be aware of the motion and dropped them to her sides. ?I?I wanted to thank you, though,? she finished and then turned her face slightly. The light now

7. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    :_| so sad....

8. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    How sad! :( - And now Leia is crying again. I hope she stops before Isol-jerk sees her and comes gunning for poor Han. [face_worried]

9. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    beautiful. loved it. can not wait for the next post.

10. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Heartbreaking! :_|

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Very believable scene. They realize its over but its still hard. Sad as well.

12. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= Heart wrenching.

13. jedi_princess18

Jun 7, 2005
    How heartbreaking. :_| Hopefully they will both be able to find happiness in the future....

14. verybusy

Sep 18, 2006
    :_| :_| :_|

Not much to say .....:_|, just too sad!

VeryBusy:_|

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Kidan I'm hiding from all the H/L fans! [face_worried]

PonyTricks I don't think she'll let anything happen to Han! :p

Tatooine_Ghost And here is the last post!

Golden_Jedi Sorry! You know I'm a Han/Leia fan, but this bunny demanded to be written.

RebelMom Thank you! I wanted it to feel real.

ccp Thanks for reading! [:D]

jedi_princess18 I think they will. :)

verybusy Thank you for reading, Padawan! :D

[b]Part X[/b]

Sleep came slowly for Han that night, knowing as he did that it would be the last night he would ever sleep anywhere near Leia. The moment they landed on Coruscant, she would be whisked away to give birth in safety and when the new heir had been born, she and Isolder would return to Hapes. Leia would be back in her life and he would be in his, and it was unlikely that their paths would ever cross again.

Rolling over onto his stomach, he tried to ignore the empty ache that thought evoked. Acknowledging that he had no claim to her was one thing, knowing that he might never see her again was something else entirely. She had been a part of his life for so long now that he could barely remember what it had been like before he had known her.

?You?re braver than I thought,? a voice said from a long ago memory. He remembered how perturbed he had been when she had insulted the [i]Falcon[/i], but he had admired her too, because even in the midst of trying to escape from the Empire, she had not lost her biting wit. She had always been brave and reckless, generous and honorable, and he had loved her for it. That those had been some of the very qualities that had prompted her to choose Isolder was just his bad luck.

Resolutely, he put aside his thoughts of Leia and turned his focus instead to Ynna and their baby daughter. She would need a name, and as her father, it was his job to provide [i]whatever[/i] she needed. Leia was part of his past, but Ynna and the baby were his future.

He would do well to remember it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Han got clearance to land and turned to smile at Luke. ?Looks like we made it, kid,? he said.

With a nod, Luke gave Han a pat on the shoulder. ?I couldn?t have done it without you,? he said warmly. Leia had spoken to her brother early this morning and Han had noticed a definite change in Luke?s attitude toward him. He was grateful, because Luke Skywalker had been a good friend, one he did not want to lose. ?Thanks,? the Jedi said.

?All you needed was the best ship in the galaxy,? Han replied modestly. Then he laughed. ?And I just happened to own it.?

Chewie growled low in his throat, obviously poking fun at Han?s claim. ?Listen fuzzball,? Han warned. ?You can find a new job anytime you want, you know.?

Thumping Luke on the back, Chewie responded and Han?s mouth snapped close. ?I do [i]not[/i] need you to keep me out of trouble!? he protested firmly.

Luke laughed and gave the Wookiee a quick hug. ?Keep an eye on him, Chewie. I?m going to go make sure they?re ready to disembark,? he told Han.

?Go on, kid,? Han said, waving him away. ?I?ve got this covered.?

Once the Jedi was gone, Chewie wrapped one big arm around Han Solo and squeezed ? hard. ?Watch it,? the pilot complained, shoving against the hairy wall of muscle. There was an inquisitive mewling from the Wookiee and Han sighed. ?I?ll be fine, Chewie, just fine.?

[i]All right,[/i] Chewie replied uncertainly. [i]I?m going to unload.[/i]

?Thanks,? Han said.

Alone in the cockpit, Han?s shoulders slumped. He had gotten her here safe and sound. His job was done and he knew he had other things to occupy his thoughts.
    Suddenly, he wondered why he felt numb and empty. His own life was full, and Leia was happy. They had made their peace and now it was time to begin the rest of his life.

He put on a smile, felt it falter for a moment, and then settle more firmly in place. One day, he knew, it would feel as it if belonged there. Soon, he would meet his daughter and that thoug

16. verybusy

Sep 18, 2006
    [face_thinking]
    Tell me I always end up reading something like this while I'm supposed to work. Well, I'm lucky.... it's Homeoffice today.

:_|

this is truely breaking my heart right now! Yes, it is a happy ending! ...and I should be happy, because Ynna is a great person, and you wrote their reunion so well .... and .... from all what happened this is truely the only imaginatiable ending, but.... :_| .... you know you rattled my world. :( ... I just cannot imagine that they are never going to meet again.
    [face_worried]

For me this looks like it needs a Sequel [face_batting].... something where Han and Leia unintentionally end up having to attend the wedding of one of their daughters together or so... *hint*[face_batting]

cheers,
    VeryBusy

17. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    *sniffs* Beautiful, and soooo sad. =D=

I do agree that it begs a sequel where they accidentally meet up again, in 20 or 30 years.

18. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    :_| Yet the image of Han holding his baby daughter is so sweet...

=D=

19. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. You should read that last part while listening Somebody's Hero by Jamie O'Neal. Those two go hand in hand.

20. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Then she stood on her toes and placed one chaste kiss on his cheek. ?Thank you, for?everything??
    Giving her a nod, he answered, ?It?s been my honor.?

*Sniffle* :_|

?No,? Ynna said. ?I?ve been waiting for you.?
    ?I think you?ve waited long enough,? he said in a husky voice. ?I think we?ve both waited long enough.?
    Ynna was silent for a moment, searching carefully for something in his expression. Then she smiled widely and threw one arm around him, the other still cradling their daughter. ?It was worth the wait,? she assured him.

Wow, wow, wow! I'm just floored by the dialogue in this final chapter. The words between Han and Ynna are sparse, but absolutely packed with meaning. Fantabulous! =D=

21. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    This was absolutely beautiful, Mama V! :_| I felt so badly for Han, and for Leia.

Excellent job. Thank you for sharing! This was truly astounding.

-Krystal

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Very nice ending. If Han and Leia can't be together, they can be happy with the ones they are with. Lovely Han/daughter moment.

23. jedi_princess18

Jun 7, 2005
    Loved the ending. Han and his daughter were so sweet.

24. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= Fantastic ending.

25. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Sorry I haven't been around to post. Just finished this and I have to say I loved every minute of it! It great how everything all got sorted out in the end. The last few chapters were wonderful beyond belief (sp).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.