main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(User Appreciation) Thank you Dajuan

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    And everyone who helped put on the TF.N Party -
    We laughed, we cried, we demolished the food, we loved and hugged... it was one of the highlights of the con - now where is that pic of my "Darth Ignant" boob shot???

2. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    quite so, indeed. a totally fantastic party.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'd like to thank Dajuan, Matt, and Rachel for everything they did at the party and everyone else who helped out. I don't think it would of been as much fun without them. It was great meeting everyone. I had a blast. And everyone I talked to had a blast. I can't wait for the next one.

4. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    yeh it was great!

5. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Agreed. Great stuff.

6. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Glad you all enjoyed it! Look forward to bigger and better next time!

7. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    That's what she said.

The party was awesome. Thanks everyone! Especially Daj, Dingo, David, and Rachel.

And Seth Green.

8. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    The Fanforce party 2: bigger, better, badder...(has that slogan been used before somewhere?..)

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    With SIDEBOOB!

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    And a special thanks to Dani for her amazing bouncer skills, Amos and PK for their amazing door security, Doug for keeping Dajuan sane, Frieda and Beth for their awesome rotations to make sure I got a break, Jacen and Seth and pretty much ALL of Shiney Villa and all of Rocky Mountain Fan Force for their amazing help at the party. We seriously couldn't do it without you.

11. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    That was a great party and couldn't have been easy to pull together. Very cool that you were able to get the cast and Dave Filoni from Clone Wars to come by!

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Good job on the party guys, the word on the floor about it was all positive, it seemed.

13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I want to thank Dajuan and Doug, who kept the ship afloat and without whom the party would never have happened. Thanks to Dingo, dp4m, Miana, and mav for helping with the party and table planning. Thanks to Frieda, PK, and the rest of Shiny Villa for hosting the rest of us and making our evenings a memorable experience once again.

And to everyone who helped out at the party or at the table, your work was greatly appreciated and helped us make a great impression at CV.

I also want to personally thank MrSkinnee, corran_r9, and Obi_Wannabe for helping me get the laptops set up and working at the party. Murphy's Law hit hard just before the doors opened, and you guys were there to help fix the problems with the camera and net connections that finally allowed us to start broadcasting.

14. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. Well done Dajuan on an awesome party. Wish I could have been there. :(

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I feel ashamed for not including Grimby, Skinnee, and all of our av guys for taking care of all of the electronics. You guys were awesome.

Also a huge thanks to lowbacca for helping bring all the stuff from the table and for helping at the front desk. You rock.

16. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Oh man, "thanks" doesn't even come close to encompassing the feelings of gratitude I have for Ben, Matt, Dajuan and the whole TFN and Rebelscum families. You guys really took me in for the time of my life this past week, and I owe all of my new-found fans accrued over the past week to you. Thanks so much again for making such a huge deal out of my artwork, and to say I can't wait to work on the Celebration VI banner would be the understatement of the century.

Thanks also to ALL the great folks who stopped by with kind words! It was a huge honor to meet all of you.

17. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    Thanks, great work!

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm happy everyone seemed to have a good time. Everything is completely worth it if people had fun. Without the user base here there would have been no party to plan. CVI party planning is already underway. We've looked at what we did right and what we did wrong and hope to learn from that. If you have any feedback shoot me a PM.

I also have a ton of people to thank. While I was the face of the party during the lead-up, I was by no means alone in the planning. This was very much so a team effort and the team deserves a hell of a lot of credit. Here's hoping I don't skip anyone. Also this list is by no means exhaustive, I'm just hitting the highlights.

Dingo- Thanks for being the co-captain during the whole process. You were invaluable. Your advice, support, and hard work is much appreciated. Thanks for being the voice of the evening when I was too shy and for doing a much better job than I could have.

dp4m- Thanks for your calm head with celebs and all of your advice in dealing with them. I still get very starstruck and watching and listening to you taught me a great deal. Also, thanks for officiating my fake wedding at the table. You and Doug were somehow on the same joke wavelength during the whole thing.

MavJade- Thanks for being the wheels. I hope we didn't abuse you too much. Also thanks for getting all the swag there and ordering it. Knowing it was taken care of was a huge relief. You did a great job!

Miana- Thanks for the party advice and being willing to work the front table. You made all the right calls and with you there I knew everything would run as smoothly as possible, and it did.

Obi Anne- Thanks for taking over the table stuff this year. Knowing it was in good hands was such a relief. Also thanks for the Swedish alcohol, even though it was a bit strong for my tastes (as evidenced by the faces I made). It's still always fun to try new things :D

Grimby- Thanks for all of the tech stuff you figured out at the party. While I'm not entirely clear what all that entailed, it seemed pretty complicated and for the most party it worked great. You kept your cool through all the problems and took care of it. Also thanks for managing to keep the Celebration Drink sticky note safe for all these years. Who knew that we were creating a legend at CIII?

Skinnee, DieWampRat, and the rest of the AV crew- Thanks for taking care of all of that. Again, you guys kept your cool and took care of everything that needed taking care of.

Sith__Chick and darthhair- Thanks for all of the swag and other assistance. We were all very impressed by what all you guys accomplished and donated. I am in awe of what you two can do. Also thanks for the saber. Many people were very impressed by it, including Nick Gillard :D

RMFF in general- Thanks for the donations. The money and swag was a giant help toward making our bottom line. It was a better party and table experience because of it. For the first time ever our table was well stocked with great give aways because of generous donations. Also thanks for always being ready to jump up and help when asked at the party. I never had to ask twice any time we needed help. None of you ever said no, bickered, or anything.

Shiny Villa- Dark Lady Mara, ASO, Leona, Amos, Cathy, PK, Seth, (and everyone else who I'm drawing a blank on at the moment) thanks for letting us party at your place. Shiny was the Fig of CV. Also thanks for doing door and floater duties at the party. Like the RMFF I only had to ask once for help at any given time and you guys jumped to it. Knowing that we had an incredible crew to do whatever needed to be done was a giant load off of my mind.

Matt, Andy, Melissa and her mom (friends from Des Moines)- Thanks for being willing to work and contribute. You both had no idea what you were getting into, Andy especially. I hope you both had a good time, and again, it was great to have people there I knew I could trust. Matt, I hope you got to spend a little time talking with the TFN people and can see why I love them all s

19. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks again Dajuan for coordinating all that, and to everyone else who helped! It was a great experience and awesome to meet so many of you (and several authors, etc)!

20. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    How could it get any better? You guys muy muy impressed me!

21. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Many thanks again, Dajuan. The party was a great way to kick off the weekend and you can tell how much hard work went into it.

22. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Thanks so much to Dajuan and to everyone who helped make the party what it was. It was definitely one of the highlights of the week, and I know that everyone, myself included, had an awesome time. Can't wait for CVI.

And thanks mrsvos for making and bringing the blue milk! I think I had five or six little cups of it... It was really good!

23. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Dear Dajuan: Thank you for hosting the party Thursday night. It is the first Star Wars Party I have ever attended. Even though the band was quite loud, they played well. I really appreciate all of the time and effort you took in making this a pleasant party. I am sorry that I could not be there to help clean up--but I had to catch the bus back to the hotel before they stopped running.

Once again, thanks! I had a good time, even though I was only there for a short time.

24. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I had a blast! Thanks to the planning committee for all that they did!

25. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Thanks so much to all of you who put the party together, I had a GREAT time! :)

Raffle was awesome, met lots of great people, etc.

The drunk people at the one table were even interesting! They (or someone) left a load of raffle tickets...me, and a girl I met named Heather, went through them when numbers were being called, hahaha (we didn't win anything)!

All in all a grand success, I take my hat (helmet) off and salute you! :)

Martha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.