MOD USER NAME REQUESTS (Warning: expect long delays!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Garth Maul, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6

Yes and some of the naysayers get into trouble when they contribute nothing more than "this episode sucks".

DATE FOR THE MOVE IS MARCH 21ST. Will update when more info.
  2. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess I started something with my comment about cynics. Not that I take it back. lol But yeah, gushers and optimists can be annoying too..
    So only like one more week of the present LACWAC.. I wonder if it'll get sentimental around here.

3. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I guess some might, this forum does look very unique right now and after the move its probably going to look like a cookie cutter forum. But I'm looking forward to seeing modern forum software powering this board.
  4. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    This has been my fear from the start, but it seems we'll be able to modify it to at least have some vague resemblance to what we have now. And there's talk we may even be able to do things we couldn't here, such as use Star Wars-themed emoticons (although don't quote me on that -- we're looking into it).

I will miss the current forum design though. :(
  5. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Its an excellent tradeoff really. We're going to get all kinds of cool things like a modern board lay out (I don't like how all the individual boards are hidden on the main index), forum statistics, quick reply, a real karma system, universal bbcodes, and support for all kinds of mods. XenForo looks every comparable to VBulletin in terms of customization. XenForo also supports Tapatalk. That's an app that makes it much easier to check forums on smartphones. I hope the plugin gets installed eventually. The only bumber to me is lack of inline quote or multi-quote which makes it so much easier to respond to multiple posts in one go. Maybe there is a mod for that out there somewhere.
  6. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    To clarify things, we won't have a new board instantly. We're going to have to register for a temporary board and hang out there for a few weeks (the estimate is two weeks - but you know how that goes), until we'll be on the official new JC.
  7. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I'm aware of that. I've been checking the communications forum regularly. The temp boards will be Xenforo. You can check on forummatrix, the link I posted on the last page to see all the features that come in the base install that we'll get introduced to on the temp board. I've already played with the demo on Xenforo.com and tried Tapatalk on their support forum on that website as well. I liked what I saw. I'm looking forward to the future once the boards are all the way setup. But then again I have no idea how good the customer service is on this forum, lol. I seldom leave LACWAC. Really that may change since the upgrade is going to make it much easier to see all the activity on the board.
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    o_O
  9. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Interesting, thanks. That installation method is so wizard. - Kitster
  10. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    LOL! Your welcome. I put phpBB in the comparison so you could see how the most popular freebee compares fo VB and XenForo.
  11. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    That chart makes it seem like XenForo has less features than the other two, or is it just me?

I'm too tired to take a good look.
  12. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    XenForo seems to do just about everything I've seen either VB or IBP do (OMG I hate IBP). I just figured out how the multi-quote works. Neat!

Subforums. For example I can see where it would be cool do take all the episode grading threads and individual episode discussion threads and separate them into a subforum for easy reference.

You've got your pretty posts
    -Quick reply
    -Advanced reply
    -Multiquote
    -Youtube tags
    -Proper spoiler tags
    -Use bbcode, html, or php code in posts
    -Rich text mode in advanced reply

Stay on top
    -RSS feed
    -Mark as read
    -Watch threads
    -View recent posts
    -Most recent posts and name of poster for each section on main forum page.
    -Alerts for pretty much everything (This kinda overdoes it)
    -Automatically watch threads you post in

Stalker mode
    -Currently viewing thread
    -View user's recent activity
    -View user's latest posts
    -View whose in a particular thread, forum, or profile.
    -Members currently online
    -Get receipt when private message is received by recipient
    -View Board leaders, easily find out who the admins, mods, and VIPs are. (Helpful for new users)

You've got your popularity contest.
    -Like posts
    -Profile messages
    -Followers
    -Trophy system
    -Ignore a member
    -facebook integration
    -Status messages

Defeat the stalkers
    -Invisibility
    -Hide your online status
    -Decide who posts in your profile and who can see what
    -Set between getting PMs from everybody or only people you follow

Defeat scrolling
    -Hide signatures

Stuff still missing
    -Can't set number of posts per page
    -No lo-fi mode for non smartphone users or people who don't want to pay for Tapatalk. Lo-fi also comes in handy on other devices with weak browsers like a PSP.
    -No Calender so no Happy Birthday Threads
    -Can't backup private messages.
  13. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm looking forward to a name change. Darth_Zandalor is nice, but I feel like I need a more unique title to boost my self inflated ego further.

And are all post counts reverted back to square one?
  14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/199/693/disgusted-mother-of-god.png]
  15. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
  16. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I'm pretty sure they said post counts would be kept.
  17. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Heh, ignore can be a double edged sword. Particularly if its like the one for phpBB where all it does is block the user you've ignored from sending you PMs and make their posts invisible to you. Great if there is a member who drives you up the wall. But it can also screw up conversations. They can still see your posts on the forum and attempt to respond.
  18. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I never got the point of an "ignore" feature. Why can't people just "manually" ignore certain users or posts, and need the system to do it for them automatically? Seems kind of silly.
  19. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    ^Yeah, but if you're living next to an annoying loud neighbor, would you rather put up with it or put on noise-cancelling headphones? I say if the system can make is easier, why not.

Even though I like the idea of this feature, it does sound like it could make some conversations awkward..

And I kinda want to change my name too.. maybe something less generic.
  20. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Haha, you went through a whole series of usernames. :p

I post frequently on boards with an ignore system. I personally never put anyone on ignore, but the reality is that most people won't use the function, and if they do, they can still see people quoting their ignored users, so they'll turn it off again in order to get 'the whole story'.
  21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm, maybe I should change my username to troll you guys.

Nah. As far as usernames go, I'm pretty happy with mine.
  22. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I might change my name to match my youtube name or maybe even my standard forum name. But probably not. I feel like changing names confuses people alot of the time.
  23. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Sailor Seerow would work for you.

I'm thinking of what my new name should be.

FormerlyKnownAsZandalor?

Zandalor The Resurrected?

Zahndalor?

24. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
  25. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooh that's a good one.:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.