MOD USER NAME REQUESTS (Warning: expect long delays!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Garth Maul, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    lol, ya don't mess around with hippo.

It seems like this board runs on Pacific Standard time. On the east coast I still got a some hours to chill.
  2. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Anybody already switching to a new nick for the temp board?

I think I'll switch to a new user name once we're in the new place, probably not for the temp boards.

I guess I'll simply be HJ on the temp boards, unless some HJ hating troll [face_worried] decides to steal my identity. [face_laugh]

I have alternatives. ]-}
  3. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I'm not gonna say. I feel like I'd be getting setup.
  4. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe I'll pick HJ_hating_troll. [face_laugh]
    GGrievous likes this.
  6. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Well, catch ya on the flip side!
  8. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Due to issues beyond our control, it looks like this board will be up until probably tomorrow (Thursday) morning, board time. Eventually the current URL will just redirect to the temp boards.

The temp boards are working. They look sketchy now.

But those of you who have not listened to Seerow, I think once we get used to it, it's going to be fantastic. Quick reply and the ability to ignore user posts alone will be invaluable.

If you want to reserve your username, please let me know. It is obvious that for most people, they won't have any trouble with the name already having been taken, but if you want to be sure, either post your request here or PM me or Gry - Barriss is out of town right now.

You of course can change your name, I, being old and bordering on senile, would prefer not to have to learn a whole bunch of new names.
  10. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    User name requests for the temp boards, right? They must be reserved already for the new "real" boards, since everything is being transferred and the system just needs our e-mail addresses to be on file.

Edit: since I'm at it anyway, please reserve eht13 for me. ;)
  11. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Whose posts are you going to ignore Garth?
  13. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    So we just type in boards.theforce.net and we should be good or something or are we going to receive an e-mail in the next few hours?
  14. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Could you reserve True_Zandalorian for me Garth? Is this reserve for the Temp board or the new board?
  15. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    (1) My understanding is that everything should be transferred over to the new boards from here, we are working with some compatibility issues between the types of boards and formatting. It's quite a different system.

(2) So, I will correct myself if I'm wrong, but I believe the name reservations are for the temp board only.

(3) The boards will be going down around 5 or 6 board time, and might be down completely for a brief time (define "brief" lol), and then typing in boards.theforce.net will redirect you automatically to the ugly, fugly temp boards.
  16. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I'm figuring the reservations you've mentioned are for the temp boards myself. I was under the impression that the way the name thing will go once we're all systems go is the admins will gain the ability to change usernames and/or merge accounts on XenForo which I'm guessing was not possible on the IGN boards.
  17. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, as expected, everything should transfer over from here once the permanent move is made.

Reservations are for the temp boards only.

And Seerow is right, there seems to be admin ability to change names as well if you end up hating your name lol.
  18. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
  19. Jamit Jedi Padawan

I'm going to be wanting a new name... does it make sense to just create a new username once the move is made or try and get this one changed? '07 doesn't really seem to be too much to boast about around here, lol.
  20. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    http://gd.theforce.net/xentemp/index.php
  21. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Good man.
  22. Coric Force Ghost

star 4
    >:U CORIC DEMANDS "CORIC"

I created a account named "Coric" before I was given this one back (thanks Jello [face_batting])
    Can that one be deleted?
    Robimus likes this.
  23. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Is this where we request new user names?

I want to be renamed to Naughty Little Monkey Lizard

Thanks in advance.
    Robimus likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I'd like my name shortened to anakinfan . This one is cumbersome and I don't think anyone really cares how long I've been an anakinfan . :p
  25. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    I'd like the underscore to be removed, gone, a space so I'm Valairy Scot. 'kay?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.