Using canon names.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Game3525, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    I am currently planning a post-ROTJ series, and one of the characters I came up with the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia. The problem is I wanted to name the character Anakin, which comes into conflict with the EU. Part of me wants to respect the EU and not confuse the two characters.....but on the other hand I really like the name Anakin. :p

So which would be the best way to go about it?
  2. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It is up to you what you name your characters. Of course, there's always the option of naming a child something and then calling it by a nickname, which can help.
  3. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    When I did my AU, I gave the offspring of the Skywalker twins completely different names than in canon. It's up to you.
  4. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Not really sure how that conflicts with the EU, as I'd say using a different name would be more out of place than keeping it. Plus, the EU is already pretty much already going out the window if you're making significant enough changes to the character that he'd be unrecognizable as the other one.
  5. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok...maybe not conflicts with the EU, but I don't want to be seen as ripping off.
  6. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Chalk it up to simply being a common name for Human boys, such as the GFFA version of "Adam." There's no doubt several Anakins floating around the galaxy. Anakin Heston is two grades higher in school than Anakin O'Kiajjen. Anakin Grectik rides a public speeder to work in the morning and shares it with Anakin Jal, Anakin Dek'rd, and Anakin Winthrup. And mazel tov to Anakin vin Klindinst; his wife just had a baby girl!
  7. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There's already someone with the first name of Palpatine, and there are apparently 582,797,754 people on Coruscant named Jax Pavan. After that, pretty much anything goes.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.