Using models and slowing down footage.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PixelMagic, Mar 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. DarthFoole Jedi Master

star 2
    The Japanese company Fine Molds has a great looking 1:72 X-wing for 2400 Yen, which converts to about $18.08. English assembly instructions are downloadable from their website. Shipping is 820 Yen/$6.18.

The best info i've found on making trees (and I've bought books on railroad and wargaming scenery, is this article from the Games Workshop website.

you can do this shot dude. Now you must do it. we're counting on you! you're our only hope!
  2. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    You're not getting out of this so easy Pixel!

There are several kits for sale right now on
    eBay

Have fun!
  3. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm one step ahead of you PadawanNick. I just bought the X-Wing model off E-Bay. Could it possibly be that I will have the first ever MODEL effects shot in a fanfilm, instead of CG?
  4. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    First model shot ever? Probably not. I'm sure it's been attempted before (though maybe not on TFN, or even on the Internet). First good model shot? We'll have to see, I guess.
  5. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the guys that made Crazy Watto have you beat Pixel. ;)

Reviewing the SWFanFilm films around here from the past year or so, I don't know of any that have used physical models for major shots like this.

Just don't plan on being the only one. [face_mischief]

Keep up the great work Pixel!

Have fun!
  6. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    When do you plan on filming this, btw?
  7. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    In the next couple of weeks.
  8. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    If it works out well, you should hold out on it for the final film. Don't show it to us before then. Of course, that was probably already your plan...
  9. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Well of course my friend. All the spectacular effects are not for anyone's eyes until the movie is done.
  10. Vader_Is_God Jedi Padawan

Hey Pixel,
    This shot that you are trying to create sounds AWESOME. I hope that it all works out for ya. How's it coming? Well, good luck on it. Can't wait to see the finished product.

-VADER-
  11. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    The X-Wing model kit just arrived in the mail yesturday, and it's nice and large.
  12. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    How's the detail? Do you have any pics of it?
  13. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    The detail is VERY nice, but I haven't started working on it yet. Still finishing some CG shots. But I will take WIP pictures of the model when I start working on it. Oh, and the model is going to be used in a few more shots besides just the crash scene. Of course, most of the shots with the X-wing will be the CG version.
  14. Antilles01 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey this is a no-brainer, but make sure your model kit matches the detail and paintjob of the cg model.
  15. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Indeed I will, thank you.
  16. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    Have you done any tests with slowing footage down yet(not necessarily shots of the model, but of anything)?
  17. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
  18. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    It might be a good idea, so that you figure it all out before you actually film and edit the real deal.
  19. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
  20. Tycho_Celchu-Col Jedi Knight

star 1
    Check out E-Bay. They always have a few every now and again.
  21. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    If you are talking about the X-Wing model, Pixel already made a post several posts up that he bought one.
  22. ---VADER--- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Pixel, How is this shot coming along? You're still working on it right? I really hope that ya didn't just cut it cuz this seems like an amazing shot. I bet it's a ton of work but I know you could pull it off. Well, just wondering how your progress is coming along.

---VADER---
  23. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Work on The Soft Drink Menace is moving along very slowly. I'm loosing interest. I'm still going to complete it, but only about one visual effects shot per week is being finished. Hopefully the film will be finished.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.