main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary (Using Mogook's Latest Map) In what county of the SOUTHERN MD Chapter you live in?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fipe_Naz-mero, Apr 7, 2005.

?

(Using Mogook's Latest Map) In what county of the SOUTHERN MD Chapter you live in?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. CALVERT

60.0%
  2. CHARLES

20.0%
  3. SAINT MARY'S

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
  2. DivineJedi

DivineJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 5, 2005
    w00t w00t for c2!!! Hahaha. No one else? I am terribly upset. :(

3. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Welcome DivineJedi! Two so far, but I know there are more waiting to join... I hope.
    Regards,
    God Bless.
    May The Force Be With You... Always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

4. DivineJedi

May 5, 2005
    Thanks, Fipe Naz-Mero!!

I hope and know that you're right! I will recruit! :)

5. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Go for it! I'm doing the same, just waiting for results.

6. DivineJedi

May 5, 2005
    Look!

Someone voted!

And they live in Calvert County! w00t! =D=

7. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Yep, that was me. Is there actually a fan club for SW in Maryland? That's freakin' crazy!

8. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Welcome aboard BobaKareu:
    Is good to see that there's someone else in our area. Aren't you excited DivineJedi? I know I am.

BobaKareu, we are tying to reorganize the Maryland Fan Force by chapters. Right now we are in what might be call the Southern MD Chapter. Though online we have "officially" us three (and I say "officially" because you voted to be inside the Southern MD area) there might be other people in our area that are interested in Star Wars but are not aware of this. Please spread the word to get more people to join! That's the key.

In the meantime I hope we can continue to meet at least here and when the time comes try to do a small meeting for all members in the area, but the more the merrier right? Could be. But it would be great if we could get more to join. I'm waiting for two friends of mine to join. They have already checked the board but haven't take the step of going in.

In the meantime, my friends, until later.
    Regards...
    God Bless!
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

9. DivineJedi

May 5, 2005
    You are so my idol, Fipe. [:D]

And yes, I'm excited for the other fellow SoMD Chapter person. Because it just so happens I know him personally. As in, we had a "relationship" lol.

Oooooh we can MEET UP?!?!?! Oooooh. I can definitely get more people...this is exciting. YES!

10. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    DivineJedi:
    Yes we can meet, so invite eveyone you know to join the MDFF and the Southern MD chapter. We could meet as a group on a mall, or a park, or a library and share experiences, questions, etc about Star Wars.

Regards,
    and God Bless
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

11. BobaKareu

Feb 24, 2005
    Hey, sounds like a lot of fun actually!

12. jedi_bethy

jedi_bethy Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    I think that now makes 4 ;) Jedi_Bethy from La Plata, Charles County signing in! I would LOVE to see a chapter in this area!! I was a member of a very tiny fan force group in North Carolina before moving (back) here. If we could do it there, we could have one here! Judging from the 12:01 EP3 showing in Waldorf... there's got to be more Charles County fans too XD

Lets meet up!!

-jb

13. DivineJedi

May 5, 2005
    Yay!

Welcome to our small, yet fun FF!!! Glad to see another new face!!

Yes, we will definitely have to meet up sometime over the summer here!

Yeah, there are lots of people that should be here, but I guess they just overlook it!

14. jedi_bethy

May 25, 2005
    Glad to be here!! :D Thanks for the warm welcome!

-jb

15. BobaKareu

Feb 24, 2005
    *Waves to JB*

Glad you could join us. Are you big into the Expanded Universe (and when I say that, I strictly mean the books and comics) or just a fan of the films?

16. jedi_bethy

May 25, 2005
    I'm very big into the books- they're probably what got me hooked into the SW universe even more than the films. I've read a few of the comics here and there (Dark Empire, Dark Empire II), but the books are my big thing. I just finished the EP3 Novelization!

Thanks again!
    -JB

17. BobaKareu

Feb 24, 2005
    *blinks*

An EU fan?! WOOOOHOOOO! Haha, now these get-togethers can be way more fun! I've only recently really gotten into the Star Wars comics, and if you enjoy them I would suggest picking up the Clone Wars trade paperbacks. They have some really good storylines in there. But yes, I'm actually just starting the RotS novelization. I had to finish Labyrinth of Evil first, which I loved. Have you read any of the NJO stuff?

18. jedi_bethy

May 25, 2005
    Ooooh, okay I will have to check them out. Do you know of a good place where I might be able to find them? The Waldenbooks at the mall in Waldorf is about the best bookstore I can get to in this area :p

I've read up to 'Star by Star', in the NJO series- trying to get back on track with those. I have quite a bit to catch up with, from the looks of things :)

Yay! Great to find another EU fan :D

-JB

19. BobaKareu

Feb 24, 2005
    Hmmm... you probably wouldn't have much luck finding the trade paperbacks in Waldenbooks. Have you checked the Borders across the street from the mall? It's like... by the Sports Authority and stuff?

As for the NJO, you gotta hurry up and finish! Haha, Star By Star was one of my favorites. And after a couple more, you'll be at Traitor. That might be one of my favorites also. But yeah, you should try to finish this summer, because Troy Denning is writing the "Dark Nest Trilogy" which takes place about five years after the NJO! I heard him talk about it at the author panel at Celebration III, and it sounds like it's going to be an awesome jump from the NJO.

Have you read other EU stuff aside from the NJO, like the Clone Wars stuff? I just finished all those over the past month, and I gotta say, it's goooood stuff!

20. jedi_bethy

May 25, 2005
    Duhh the Borders! XD I'm in the Waldenbooks so often, I completely forgot that there is a much better bookstore just down the street. I will check it out, and look for pre-EP3 books as well.

I went spoiler free for the movie and missed out on a LOT of good reads. Instead of just one book coming out between the movies, they kind of exploded. Ahh! Must catch up!

Ohh thanks for the Troy Denning news, I will be looking forward to that :) I got all worried that NJO would be -it-, hah silly me.

-JB

21. BobaKareu

Feb 24, 2005
    Well if you liked the Troy Denning news, then you'll love this: the Dark Nest trilogy is only the beginning. In summer of 2006, there will be a nine-book arc (think NJO but smaller and more organized) called "Legacy of the Force". It takes place about five-ten years after the Dark Nest trilogy, and puts the highlight more on Ben Skywalker. It'll be written by three authors: Troy Denning, Aaron Allstone, and Kathrine Traviss. The latter author wrote the Republic Commando book, probably my favorite Clone Wars novel. She's very good with military knowledge, and she'll be bringing back Boba Fett for some awesome action.

If you're curious and want to know more, you could check out http://www.njoe.com because they've got one of the most comprehensive NJO/post-NJO stuff I've seen online!

22. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Friends in the Force:
    I'm back finally @ 100% since I was out for surgery last week. But I'm very pleased to see that the Southern MD Chapter is picking up more interest.

Welcome to our little space Jedi_Bethy, is good to see another face (icon actually :)) in the area. I read that you are EU fan... as myself. Let me see... I read all of the Jedi Tales stories (comics), Splinter of the Mid's Eye (I think that's the title), The Original Trilogy, Truce at Bakura, The Courtship of Princess Leia, Dark Empire I, Dark Empire II, Empire's End (real and last death of Emperor Palpatine), Timothy Zhan - Grand Admiral Thrawn Trilogy, All of the Young Jedi Knigts, Jedi Academy Trilogy, Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, Crystal Star, I Jedi, Correlian Trilogy, The Black Fleet Crisis, The New Rebellion, Hand of Thrawn Duology, All of the NJO up to Dark journey (still trying to buy the rest)... and of course there is more but this are the key points. Its good to see another person involved in EU. :)

DivineJedi and BobaKareu, thanks for keeping the thread alive. I hope we could all meet and have a nice Star Wars conversation, maybe exchange ideas and collectibles :D .

Take care everyone,
    God Bless.
    May the Force be with you... Always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

23. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/4182/timeline.html

24. DivineJedi

May 5, 2005
    Oh, glad you're up and better now, Fipe! I was wondering how you were doing...

And no problem keeping it alive. It's just a job I do. :p

Oh. Meeting up. Yes, perfect!

25. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Thanks DivineJedi... :)
    I think that meeting would be awesome. Can everyone meet? I have to say that I have not seen E:III yet. I was on recovery from my surgery. So, I couldn't go to see the movie... but I guess that everyone has seen it. So, I wouldn't drag anyone into it. Maybe a meeting to talk about the movies, Star Wars, collectibles, ideas could be good. I'm thinking that we should try to find three places in each county to meet. That way we can rotate places around. Example, one meeting could be in the St Charles Mall in Waldorf, another could be in the Prince Frederick Area (if it is still part of Calvert County) and another maybe in Solomons Island or one of the libraries for St Mary's County. I know that Solomons is Calvert, but is also closer to St Mary's County.

If anyone is interested say so... so I can start a proper new topic for the meeting to get all the 5 W's covered (What, When, Where, Who, Why).

Regards, everyone.
    God Bless.
    May the Force be with you... Always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.