main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Using the force with robotic limbs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hurricanejedi, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricanejedi

Hurricanejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2013

Yeh great point. I dont know anything about grievous before he went terminator. Do you? was he force sensitive?. My view on him is he is not sith just the general who has been taught how to fight with lightsabers?. again i dont know anything about him. Dont really like the character... Although in saying that, you need to have connection with the force to use lightsabers well as jedi etc would own you...

2. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    If you read my first post in this thread it'll give you some background about him. No, he was not force sensitive, hence why he doesn't use it. Check out this link, it'll help you out a lot involving Grievous' history, or any character's history.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

3. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013

i just got home from work and its 9am,oh the joy of running a bar. i kinda only skimmed each post. So everything i have asked has prob already been answered haha. I spend a lot of time on star wars wiki. I am currently trying to learn more about the new jedi order as i dont know much about. Bit of prep for the new movie...... Cheers for the link.

4. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    You got it man. Feed your mind!

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Don't worry Hurricanejedi i get offended when people say that Star Wars and Star Trek are the same thing or confuse the two. If they ask me if they are the sam ethen I am more than happy to help them understand just how different they are.

Star Wars has faster ships and their capital ships could put a Borg Cube to shame.

Star Trek has people kick Borg butt and a captain that quotes Shakespeare. Oh and Spock! Can't forget Spock!

6. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013

I should read some books/comics. Best way really i suppose. Just reading up on the whole rule of two thing. I like the sith empire more. Sidious only killed his master just before he was elected to chancellor of the senate so wouldnt that mean darth maul should not of been his apprentice? kinda like a secret apprentice like with Galen Marek.

7. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013

Yeh i agree. I dont know what a borg cube is but i bet Galen Marek could crash it using the force haha. i mean he crashed an imperial starship so...

And SW has lightsabers. Nothing beats lightsabers. Oh tell me more about how great your phaser gun is said noone ever.....

8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Borg_cube

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...0H8GjnqNbHtx7XlPR0NhMZA7Xk8HQGpdZfpHiplThpB38

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    They pretty well demonstrated how to defeat the Borg in I, Borg, and it sure didn't require ships to do so. Capture one, pump him full of nonsense math, the end :p

I'd be far more worried about species 8472 if I were well...anybody. When the Borg are afraid of you you're not something I'd like to have around.

10. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    oh snap, i love the scale pic. haha. Careful Lady_Misty if you post too many star trek links you may get barred. This is a jedi council room haha.

11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I know where my loyalties are! Here to teh Jedi!

12. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    Jedi all day.Representing from down at the bottom of the world in New Zealand..

Dredalus likes this.
  13. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    Technically Grievous had some squishy organic bits, such as the heart that Obi-Wan blasts and some part of his head/brain. But he didn't seem to have any force sensitivity or knowledge, which is why it kind of offended me that he used light sabers, that's the first instance of someone not a Jedi/Sith using a light saber as a weapon -- Han's opening up a Tauntaun aside.

14. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    As much as that is what I would prefer to believe, we have to factor in what George Lucas says about post-suit Vader, that he will never reach his full potential after losing all his limbs.

That implies a link between body parts and use of the force.

Of course, Vader can still force push, force choke, force levitate, etc with a robot hand. But obviously can't use lightning.

Accepting this theory also means, in theory, a tall, fat, or tall fat person would have the most use of the force because there is more body. And, um, Yoda is explained how?

That's why I prefer to think along your lines, despite what George Lucas says.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    How important are Lucas words at this point? He is only a creative consultant now and he won't control how things are done in the future.
    Imo most established knowledge is in limbo now, especially Vaders powerlevel as he will likely feature in either the new animation series or spinoff movies.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In the ANH novel it is claimed by Kenobi that lightsabers are still used in certain galactic quarters, and the implication is use by "Muggles" as opposed to Jedi/Sith.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  17. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    George invented the universe so i would think what he says goes? haha

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    So what? If someone wants to do something different with Midichlorians in a Spinoff or the new trilogy (maybe in an attempt to give the force its "magic" back), George has no power to stop them. Trek also changed after Roddenberry left and George all but left Star Wars.

19. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    haha i guess, he doesnt really have any say anymore but he is still a creative consultant. I imagine they will listen to him, although dave filoni didnt listen to him when he told him to kill ahsoka tano off. I wish he never introduced the whole midichorians thing...

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Midichlorians didn't take away the "magic" of the Force. They only determine who's Force-sensitive and who isn't. Their special relationship to the Force and its will is certainly no less magical than anything which came before. The fact that some people are Force-sensitive and some aren't was already a factor in the OT many years before anyone ever heard the word "midichlorians". Luke wasn't Force-sensitive due to magic or whimsy. He was Force-sensitive because of his father.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I think midichlorians are something Disney or Kennedy will definitely want to change because the concept is so hated in fandom. I think it is possible to retcon them to being "indicators" instead of force conducts.​

22. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Their movies will make a billion dollars either way, and the haters are a vocal minority posing as a majority like vocal minorities tend to do.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  23. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013

Yeh i get what your saying, but i didnt like how they had to break it down to science. I preferred when the force was this ubiquitous thing that you could just sense in someone. Rather than taking their blood sample etc.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Except when you couldn't.

25. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    haha i guess it wasn't always obvious. Case in point, Sidious hiding his powers from the jedi. But when Jedi meant younglings ie Qui-Gon Jinn met Anakin he could sense something special about the boy. If you skipped the blood test, he could of peformed some simple tests to ascertain. Of course this is all my opinion on the matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.