main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Using The Force"

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by DarksiderGeorge, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    If Im not mistaken,which is highly possible :D, there are no force.net threads on this really cool book entitled " Using the Force". Its all about the SW Fan Community and how WE are changing the concepts of the " Modern Myth"! Its really cool, check it out. Spread the word, there are even refrences to the Jedi Council forums in it. I saw it at Downtown Disney, getting on Amazon would be alot easier.

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Nice piece of information, DSGeorge. I'd be very interested in reading that book. I take it you read it thoroughly, non?? For those of you who want to check it out on Amazon:

Using the Force

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    sounds very interesting. i'll have to check it out really soon!

4. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Cool! I hope it's at Barns and Noble soon :) Have you guys been to the new one yet? Very nice Sci-fi selection, I must say. Dragonlance is right next to Star Wars, I hardly even have to move!!!

5. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I cannot wait until the Barnes & Noble is open in Merced. They're saying it'll be open in early 2003, but, we're talking about the San Joaquin Valley here.....

6. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Jirin, you could probably get it at our local B. ripoff Dalton. Id go with Amazon first though.

7. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i'll have to check and see if they have it here in town, like at the new B&N, or borders... i'd get it from amazon, but lately i havent had good experiences with them... poor shipping and packaging...

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I got my copy of Using the Force from Amazon.com yesterday. Thanks to my wife for the discount coupons!! I plan to start reading it today.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Still haven't ordered mine yet, but I am definitely going to!

10. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Using the Force is a great read. It is quite an experience to read fans' differing opinions and takes on things such as canon & collecting; how best to gather and view a SW movie; and how fit George Lucas is as director of each SW movie. It is quite a read. It was quite surprising to find that much of the data the author collected for the book came from members of these very Jedi Council boards!!

11. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I just finished reading the chapter "Slash and Other Stories". I must say, I am disgusted. I do not mean to come off as crass by saying this, but why the Hell would you want to write a story that puts Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in a sexual scene with one another? ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] And what is the thrill of explicitly detailing an "off camera" sex scene on Bespin between Han and Leia? I'm fine with the Expanded Universe, and Fan Fiction, but I cannot fathom why an individual would choose these predicaments to write about. ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain]

12. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Wow, am I the ONLY person with any interest in this book?? :p

I officially finished reading Using the Force on Sunday. This book is absolutely a must read for the "hardcore" SW fan. It was entertaining to see how others in the Star Wars Fan Community celebrate the experience of collecting, watching the films, reading the comics/novels, etc. It was very surprising to see that much of the author's material came directly from users here on the Jedi Council Forums. I would definitely recommend (Even moreso now, after having read it) picking up this book, and giving it a look.

13. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i will check it out soon!

14. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    I just got the book today and I'm half way through it. It's really a great book. To bad my english teacher won't allow it to be on my outside read log ;)

15. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    what does that english teacher know anyway? i remember in my junior year in high school, i did a book report on shadows of the empire, and i got an A on it. the only A i got in that class...

16. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    It is good to see that someone else is reading this book, besides myself. More of you---Go out, buy the book, read, read, READ!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.