main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

USJS!!! Calling all USJS writers...*Please post your character profiles*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    All this talk of spinoffs has reminded me: the Archive project has taken an interesting turn, when I finally admitted that my brain simply will not wrap around html: I really did give it a good hard try...

However, rather than drop the project, I have found us a brilliant digital artist and programmer (who is also a fanfic writer himself, as well as a mod here on the JC, so he knows all about us, although he never contributed a character to the story). He has agreed to do the coding and maintenance on the site. Give us some time to co-ordinate and lay some plans, and the website will be up and running and way better than what my meagre skills could have managed.

His identity will be revealed when he has the draft site up for perusal, but trust me, there is *no one* better for this job. :)

As to plot co-ordination: my basic idea is that we post what we are going to start off the story with, our rough idea, and inform the others that we need this sort of a character in specific spots, other writers offer to intermesh stories when they see something that matches what they were working on, or a spot that suits their character.

The planning of things need not be terribly detailed, just a rough outline of what bumps you were planning to throw in front of your characters, so that the other authors know where you are heading, and can add in or stay away as suits their story ideas.

This also allows others to shift their stories around so there is less of the one-upsmanship that plagued the old thread, and more exploration of each individual author's ideas.

If a plot line sounds too far out or too out of character, the other authors on the thread can comment to that effect, and the plans can be altered before it affects any characters in the story.

The other major issue of the timeline: we can try that dated post idea, or we can all come to agreement as we go, (here on the discussion thread) when it's time to advance the timeline.

So character stats and plot concepts for mine( any ( ??? ) are meant to denote a slot where another author's character may fit in):

Name: Kaline Faes

Hair and eye color: tawny hair, smokey green eyes.

Height: 5'8

Build: wiry, too thin.

Master: Mace Windu

Notables: Kaline is a serious student of the Order's history, with a profound respect for tradition. She uses an old twin sword style of 'sabre combat, and had to construct twin sabres to use for it. She is a special student of Qui-Gon Jinn's in combat arts, and has been developing feelings for him in the aftermath of his apprentice's decision to leave the Order.

Kaline is perhaps too serious for her own good, but that sober exterior hides a young woman of deep passions and strong convictions. She can be quick to smile, but does so too rarely.

Her friends include Tobias McCal, and Healer Leona.

Plot concepts:

The befriending of a junior Padawan or unclaimed Initiate (Rani Veko) who is reverting to bullying behaviour...

The slow growth of a passionate but short-lived relationship with her 'sabre tutor, intersecting with her Trials, all the while her friend Tobias is falling for her...

The discovery, over her first solo missions, that certain Council precepts are actually detrimental to Knights in the field, so she enlists the help of some friends (Siric and ??? ) to document this and present their findings to the Council.

- - -

Name: Merric Slayne

Hair and eye color: sandy hair, dark eyes.

Height: 5'10

Build: usually quite fit and wiry, recently quite weak recovering from traumatic injury to his right hip.

Saber color: blue

Master: Cherese Taedillion is an elderly swordmaster, who teaches all the beginner and remedial 'sabre classes, her classical technique being to insist on perfect basics before the student can progress. She is a firm taskmaster, quite set in her ways because she has found the old ways work best.

Notables: Merric is a mercurial young man who is undergoing a hard adolesc

2. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    A late entry, lacking response from Kenobi Maul.

Name: Aine Renton

Hair and eye color: Dark brown hair, gray-blue eyes

Height: 5'11"

Build: Muscular, but lithe. A little too thin

Saber color: blue

Master/Apprentice: Was apprenticed to Kaie Sofse

Notables: A lot of mystery surrounds her Knighting. Much like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, she was raised upon her master's death after a mission. However, she won't discuss the mission (on Council's orders, but that's not well known). She has a thick accent (think the Scottish brogue that is in Trainspotting without the profanity) which makes her hard to understand and consequently a little quiet. She teaches a few classes for the Rani/T'lor/Alex age group, so she knows them at least by acquaintance. She also works one-on-one with students.

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, it's probably best if I just give you the bad news now, instead of letting you keep hoping. I won't be participating. I cannot think of any characters or any plot points or anything. My brain is not even functioning well enough for me to come up with a stupid idea, let alone a good one. However, I'll be looking forward to reading the adventures of everybody else. Sorry!

:(

4. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Nooooooooooooooooooo!

:_|

We shall miss your writing, Jane. But you promise you'll still be around, right? Right?

5. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Question: Since we seemed to decide that we wanted start writing around September (and that would be tomorrow ;)), shouldn't we get a rough plot line together? Some kind of starting point or unifying theme?

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll still be around and reading whenever I have time. :)

7. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Could someone please clue me in as to where exactly in the USJS saga Derisa's character, Merric Slayne makes an appearance?

Thanks. Just PM it to me.

Much appreciated,
    HAL

8. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Okay, is there a starting place for this story or did I miss something?

9. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I don't believe there is a starting point to the story right now. And if there is, I missed it too.

10. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Okay, let's figure out what's happening here.

1. Time frame appears to be 10 years pre-USJS. Are there any cannon events happening at this point in time we should take into consideration?

2. When does this story begin? Where in relation to the few holidays established in USJS, and where in relation to the school term?

3. Have we all posted our character's details on this thread? (I'm working on mine, they'll be up soon.)

4. While we all work with our own storylines, should there be a larger plot that ties them all together, and do we have any ideas what we would like to see happen in that plot?

5. Can we set a specific date for opening the story thread? Does anyone have major or unusual writing conflicts of interest in their immediate future?

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Call this a hunch, but I think we have no idea what we are doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.