main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters USJS Revival: A Renewal of the Insanity? - Working on Saga Awards Excerpt

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Musical Jedi, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    ... Doesn't earlybird already have some?

EDIT: My lack of grammar is spectacular sometimes. :p

2. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Earlybird: get on this!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have Spanners (Aiden O-Lenge) and he is waiting for more orders to rescue Jedi with his friend Tomy Itsi.

4. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Interesting few updates!

Unfortunately, due to the ice storm that hit my area a couple days ago, I'm without power. We have a generator going, which is the only reason I'm online at this point. But there's no telling when we're going to get power back- it could be another 10 days- so my Internet time is practically non-existent as we can run the computer only if nothing else (including the furnace) is on.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    whew bad weather. Hope they will fix the power soon.

have posted a little piece

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Best of luck Independant! I've never, ever been in an ice storm (only really saw snow for the first time two years ago) but seeing how cold it was then I sympathise and being without power is horrible.

The weather is so odd, we've got a heat wave happening down south with days over 40C and power cuts because people are drawing too much electricity. Although my town is still normal for summer (read temps over 30C) everything is unbearable with the humidity and raining on and off every couple of hours or so (which I can't remember ever seeing before in summer). Odd.

Apart from indi, should we start wrapping this particular senario up? I've got an idea for rescuing the last couple of trapped Jedi and then there will just be the fallout to deal with. I'm not trying to push people along so if there is more that you want to do with the whole thing then just say so.

Kithera

7. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm with Kit on this idea - I think we should move to getting the Temple livable (or at least stabilized with people sleeping in other places) once everyone's lose ends are tied up.

8. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Yeah, we're getting further along into the morning now and I think most of the people outside the Temple are (unless they're grieviously injured of course) currently most concerned with what their new sleeping arrangements will be. And seeing as a lot of the consequences we've all created are more like seeds of later destruction ([face_skull]), it makes little sense dragging our feet on this particular event for much longer.

Speaking of - our sleeping arrangements are screwed up!
    Discussion involving who's bunking with whom: BEGIN!
    :p

9. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm assuming Kit with Ieron is a poor idea for a number of reasons. :p [face_mischief]

10. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    It would be like "The Odd Couple," but with more assault-and-battery charges

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    And possibly murder... [face_worried]

12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I can imagine the council telling them it would be good to sort their differences out, but then I can imagine the sort of reaction that could provoke at the moment.

Technically the bombs only gone off in one part of the temple and the other spires are actually mostly empty (due to declining numbers) so there's no reason to bunk together although there could be some interesting adventures opening old empty parts of the temple and discovering the 'skeletons'.

Kithera

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The healers' ward being in another part of the temple should be relatively intact and next to it a small garden. (Obi-Wan knows about that and a little shed)
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/sleep24bit.jpg]

And what about class rooms, lots and lots of sleeping quarters in there.
    And the mountain around which the temple is build
    Or the basement with shops, rooms and gardens.
    Only a small part of the temple is destroyed

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, Koria just kinda plunked down against a wall in a corridor of the Temple. [face_laugh]

15. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    "Only a small part of the temple is destroyed"

Aye, but that small part is where everyone was sleeping :p
    Though from the various posts that happened at the time of the blast, it seems like the greatest damage was sustained on the initiate-side of that floor. Still, lot's of Masters's rooms that exchange students were staying in are either damaged as well or totally blocked off because of debris. But that's irrelevent. The problem isn't "where are we gonna put all these people?" it's "am I bunking with the same person or someone else? Who's buying groceries to restock our fridge? How do we even get to our classes from this side of the Temple? And are our new neighbors initiates?!" :eek: :p

Nice painting by the way.
    You render skin well.

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I put in a little Temple activity. They have to look for bombs and people are going to be sleeping in the hallways. [face_mischief]

And thanks, Alexis for pointing me toward what happened with Koria. Somehow I missed that. :oops:

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    posted a little piece about the healers' ward with some of the Jedi sleeping there.

18. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Cool. And I just advanced time a little. So now it's time to wake up people!

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I have a rather long post written to bring my characters up to date, but since it's written from Sian Ny's POV for most of it, I'm running it by VaderLVR64 to make sure I didn't have him do/think/say anything out of character.

EDIT: Got the thumbs up, so I posted.

20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    My attention has, understandabley if you watch the news, been elsewhere this week but I have a postie that just needs a good read over and a nice conclusion and it's done. I'm hoping it will be up by Sunday evening.

Kithera

21. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Good heavens that's right - you were like, right in the path of those continent-eating fires down in Australia. :eek:
    I'm used to California brush fires, where eight casualties sounds large. I can't even begin to imagine the scale those things must have burned at.

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I'm in Queensland which is quite a distance from the fires but remarabley close to the floods (relatively speaking- Australia is vast). the fires are so terrifying because even though they happen every year it's never been as bad as this.

23. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Ah, well - more in the path than I was, rather. Australia may be large in real life, but on a map it's only, like, the size of my hand.

I really have trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that some people were killed in their cars, while driving away. That's insane.

24. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Yeah, the fire is reported to have been going in excess of 100km an hour (60 miles per hour) which is a bloody scary prospect. Fires in the southern parts of Australia are fairly unique. The eucalypts excude oil and that catches fire and the tree will literally explode. There have been reports of 60ft Ash trees being literally pulled out of the ground and thrown. That's why the fires are so scary, although normally they don't claim nearly as many lives :( :_|

Anyway, enough of the depressing topics. Back to more UsJs, something bright and cheerful for the most part ;)

Kithera

Edit: Posted a huge bit [face_blush]

25. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    FIRE SHOULD NOT BE FASTER THAN CARS. That is frightening and breaks my brain.
    [face_hypnotized]

Some random thoughts ? I've been really hating how the new 'preview' button puts the wrong colored background behind your text. It constantly disorients me. Anyone else find that irritating? Also, more recently, I've been noticing that the board's one-post-per-minute feature (which is either new or I just type too slow to ever notice it) extends to edits now. For the love of god, WHY?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.