main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters USJS Revival: A Renewal of the Insanity? - Working on Saga Awards Excerpt

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Musical Jedi, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I've been wondering that as well. That one-minute thing isn't new, but it also extending to edits is... it's almost as annoying as a traveling itch that refuses to go away when you scratch.

Back on the RR, like Koria, I'm wondering, "What next?" I'm drawing a blank. [face_plain]

2. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Hmm...well, they're gonna have to reorganize and do a bunch of other boring administrative stuff. I suppose the majority of Jedi would be encouraged to meditate or something in order to keep most of them out of the way. Perhaps the students as well? *shrug*

I'd imagine that tomorrow, schedules will return to mostly-normal, seeing as major injuries were kept to a minimum. Plus it's the Jedi. They aren't all that big on dwelling on things. But I don't have any specific ideas, no.

3. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I foresee a council meeting, although I haven't had a chance to sit down and write it... I think it may have some long ranging consequences though... [face_devil]

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Have we gotten all the students accounted for yet? Also are there any other students whose parents would want to pull them out of the program? I'm thinking some could have the attitude that the attack at the normal school was because there were Jedi students there, so it could be related to the bombing at the temple... so they may be weary of having their kids associated with Jedi now.

The boring administrative stuff could be done bts (behind the scenes).

5. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Have we? I sorta took it for granted that everyone's been dealt with, but is that true? Hmmm..

Anyway, that impending council meeting is gonna be crowded, by the way. From what I recall, people in the interrogation seat include Tobias, Ieron, Kithera, Koria, and Aeona. And then there's the heavy topics they'll need to deal with, like the bombings, the future of the exchange program, etc. A representative of the Senate will probably be sitting in on it as well.

Assuming there's nobody still unaccounted for to "liven up" the situation, now would probably be a good, quiet time to backstory it up in the character department.

6. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Hmm... I was just going to deal with Kit and Ieron. Maybe the others are waiting in the hall? And why does Koria need to be there?

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I was wondering that myself. Sure, Koria went back into the temple when Tobias told her not to, but wouldn't that be Tobias' responsibility to deal with? Unless they want to address the fact her mind was tampered with? o_O They already know about her being Force sensitive so that wouldn't be an issue.

8. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Oh. I thought that would be an issue. Not that they blame Koria, but perhaps they think the culprit did it? She was put in mortal danger because of it, after all. Well, Koria or no Koria, it'll be a busy meeting.

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_thinking] That makes sense. Well, the meeting can be over several posts, I reckon. TMJ's can deal with the fight between Ieron and Kit, yours can deal with Aeona, while mine can deal with Koria (did you have in mind Tobias being in the interrogation seat have to do with Kor's little adventure? If so I'll work with TMJ on that part). This way, we won't have one huge post bogged down with so much council stuff... not that anyone has shied away from humongous posts. :p

10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey

Had a long day (anyone who says teachers work 9-3pm can go jump into something pointy and horrible, I've just come home from a school event and it's now 10pm!) so forgive me if this makes little sense but I think there is still one group missing.

I've been a little remiss in not updating the calendar/timeline but I was fairly sure there was still a large group trapped somewhere. In any case my plan was to find some free time on the weekend sit down and write that post so that last loose end is tied up.

My plan for Kit is the council meeting and of course Quijia's final awakening. No plans for either Jazz or Kirsh so if anyone feels a burning need to use them (or just a need really) feel free - I trust ya.

Hugs, and I'm going to bed.

Kithera (just took me four attempts to spell my name)

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Uh... Just out of curiosity, but is Tobias going to get in trouble with the Council for what Koria did? I mean, it's not like he had enough going on. :p

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I thought more in the lines the council questions Tobias on if he'd checked an esper trace or something... i mean wouldn't their be a trace of the person who did the mind trick's "voice" be in the tricked mind? I mean, the memory of doing something that you hadn't meant to because a 'little voice' told you to would probably have that trace.

13. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I'm still not awake you know, so apologies if this doesn't make sense but I've gone back and had a look through the thread and a look at the 'Whose where' list and discovered that we have one more group to be rescued. I'm going to take Kirsh, Jazz, Nat and Kit down there to find them and then have Kithera report to the council.

That's my plan anyway. :p

Kithera

14. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    You are ever-vigilant, my dear Kit.
    [face_coffee]

15. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    So, it looks like more than one of us will be writing about this meeting. I agree with Alexis' suggestion that we compartmentalize it, so that we're not overlapping too much. I think it was Musical who suggested each character be waiting their turn out in the hall. That's probably the best way to handle it.

Do you think we should agree on an order-of-appearance, then, to help keep things organized? I assume Musical will be going first. What about everyone else? Any preferences? Or, I guess a better question would be - does anyone want to specifically go before/after another character, or specifically be last?

16. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I just want to say, if people do have strong preferences, I don't have to go first. I just figured I'd get the ball rolling. :p

17. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I don't have a preference about who goes first, but the tile archaeologist is going to have to appear before the Council to tell them what she knows about the Sith floors, and won't be happy about it. She still mostly only cares about the project getting tenure for her at her university and she just assumes that the Jedi can take care of themselves when things blow up.

18. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I think the tile archeologist should go first, so Aeona and Ieron have to wait outside together. [face_devil]

19. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    :eek:[face_worried][face_mischief] Uuuuummmmm, let me get to the weekend to write that. I think the archaeologist will also be pre-grilled by Plo Koon and Luminara, I think.

20. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Do the Jedi know yet, by the way, that it's the Sith Tiles that are the bombs? And does the Archaeologist, for that matter?

I like the idea of Aeona, Kit, and Ieron stuck out in the waiting room, all eyeing eachother suspiciously, like some kinda Mexican standoff. But Aeona doesn't need to wait around too long, cuz I have time to write. Hmm.. Maybe the last position can go to whomever's the most busy in RL?

21. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I like the mexican standoff idea as well. Although if I can request that Kithera goes somewhere in the middle of the line up that'd be awesome!

Kithera

22. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    My only request is that Kit hangs around while the Council discusses Ieron's punishment. :D

Love the Mexican stand-off idea. [face_laugh]

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Please don't wait for the last rescue before starting the council meeting. I can drag Kit away at any moment and it would be best if the thread continued moving. So saying, I don't know if anyone is actually waiting or whether we are all just busy writing and swapping before we post, but if you are...don't. :)

Kithera

24. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Okay, so presumably we have the Tile Archaeologist going first. Other things I know: Ieron goes before Kit. Aeona goes before Ieron. Koria goes somewhere in the middle. Tobias can probably be last - his presence will have to deal with both questions about Koria and if he was able to trace who manipulated her, as well as the issue of the Exchange Program and dealing with Mace (and probably the Senate intermediary) wanting to shut it down.

The way I see it, here's what's important: that Ieron, Aeona, and Kit be stuck in the waiting hall together. That Kit and Ieron be stuck in the waiting hall alone at some point as well. That the Council be addled by Koria's recounting as quickly as possible, putting them on edge for everyone else.

So, putting those paragraphs together, I get: Tile Lady, Koria, Aeona, Ieron, Kit, Tobias.
    There it is.

That said, as long as we all acknowledge and follow the spirit of this order, I don't think it actually matters what order the posts happen in. Ardavenport, therefore, needn't be the first one to post. As long as whoever posts first makes it clear what characters have gone before them in their narrative, and whoever posts next makes it clear what character'd be going next in their narrative, all should be well with the world. Chronological order is something for puny mortals and writers of nonfiction to deal with.

And bah to that, I say. Bah!

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    The only thing I would say about that order is that it would make more sense for Tobias to be with or just after Koria. I mean, while they are on the subject of "little voices" in people's heads, it doesn't make sense to have to go back to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.