Tucson USPS and Star Wars?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by _Anakin_Vader_, Mar 19, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.starwars.com/kids/activity/crafts/f20070329/index.html

Make your won R2-D2 mailbox!
  2. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Wouldn't Gonk be a more practical shape for personal mailboxes?
  3. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Compared to R2 how many people would know who Gonk/Power droid is.

4. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    I saw the post box today! I seriously never knew there was a post office there before...I've been to that intersection many times, but never saw the post office, just the Johnny Rockets. Anyhow, it was pretty neat looking (I didn't take any pictures though, Hal ;) ).
  5. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    ok, this is a last minute event, but its gonna be great! The postmaster contacted Neil in Pheonixabout an appearance for the official unveiling of the Star Wars Stamps, but everyone is going to CIV so he told them he couldnt do it! So this is going to be a Fan Force save,
    so far it looks like me, Antone, Frank,a nd possibly the Bylars will make it, and Vader is going to do the official unveiling! There will be media, so it s agreat opportunity.

If you can make it its going to be at he Cherrybelll main post office at

Cherrybell Station at 1501 S. Cherrybell Stravenue, this is just east of S. Kino off of E. 22nd St.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=1501%20S%20Cherrybell%20Stra&city=Tucson&state=AZ&zipcode=85726%2d9901&country=US&geodiff=1

we need to be geared up by 10am, so be there NO LAter thank 9:20!!\

Thanks Guys this is a one time deal that almost didnt happen, call me if you need more info!

Dustin
    360-3765
  6. KickingnScreaming Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just got back from the event and I would say this was a success for the TFF.

All four tvnews stations showed up and the TucsonCit newspaper.

The staff was great and even had the "guys" sit at the Postmaster's desk (he is on vacation) and pose for a pic for him. Anthony, Dustin, Steve and Jen did a great job and the director was very pleased with them. He invited us to come back in Sept. when they reveal the stamp winner.

7. FORCEinept Jedi Knight

star 1
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/USPS%20Stamp%20Premiere/

The pictures are up! We'll be getting some more from the folks at the post office.(hopefully) and the News spots will be recorded.
  8. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    yOU'RE THE KING! Thanks Antone, you make a very sexy Vader,

thanks for comin Steve and Jen, you guys were great!
  9. Bylar Jedi Knight

star 1
    WE WERE ROBBED!!!!!!
    o well such is the role of a Jedi, always in the shadows, never seen but always there......

we had fun doin this anyway even if we didnt get on the news with u guys. perhaps at 10 o'clock broadcast... im not holdin my breath lol
  10. Bylar Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok they gave us a flash of half of a second on ch 9 lol, better than nothin i guess the rest of the channels just cut us out completely :( so at least channel 9 came thru for a quick glimpse of me and youndgragon (jenny), that made her feel better at least.
  11. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    aw man I so want to see the broadcasts!!!
  12. Bylar Jedi Knight

star 1
    u and antone were all over the place on all the channels except 11, and thats because ch4 only had a 3 second blerb is all, and 11 gets thier footage from 4. the scenes of antone and u and the guy unvieling the poster of the stamp sheet were everywhere lol
  13. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    We went out yesterday and got our stamps. There were multiple events in North and South Carolina but they were too early for us to attend .. . still the same old "not a morning Wench". :p
  14. Bylar Jedi Knight

star 1
    i totally forgot to check the newspaper on saturday to see what they printed lol, the reporter took many pics of vader and a child and also of me and a child, anybody get a copy of it??
  15. KickingnScreaming Jedi Knight

star 1
    I did and there was nothing in it, but he told me it shou dbe int here ina couiple of days. I just saw all the news footage, and yeah you jedi got robbed! sorry guys, but we couldnt have dont it without you!
  16. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    It is really great that you guys were able to troop it! You guys really made us proud to troop while we were out playing!
  17. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I jsut wanted to give Kudos to who ever put this together. I know it was last min. and it was a huge undertaking.
    Kudos to all that "trooped" the event and represented the TFF is such a glowing fashion!
  18. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks, but without Antone being Vader, or the Bylar ministry there for saber support it would not have happened, Ive uploaded the rest of the tv spots tot he photobucket site.
  19. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was updating the pictures page and I finally watched the USPS vdieos. Very nice. Longest news footage we've had so far. Great job!
  20. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe I really am a Star Wars Geek.

I've mentioned this to a few of you.

The Post Office screwed up. If you look at the Han Solo and Chewbacca stamp, Han has a blaster in his hand. Only it is NOT his blaster pistol. It is a stormtrooper blaster. The stamp image is based on the classic picture of Han and Chewie, in which Han has his blaster pistol.

I'd of thought somebody would have caught that before they printed them up.
  21. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4

those......BASTARDS!!!!
  22. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Ha! I never even noticed, but you are right, Mr. Wookiee, that is definitely not Han's blaster.
  23. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    So far I've not seen anyone else mention the mistake.

He must have a keen Wookiee-eye.
  24. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Do we have any info about the Yoda stamp gig?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby