main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Women's Football/Soccer - Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Jun 8, 2015.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Norway will be tricky, but *we should* get past them. Luckily, we avoided US.

2. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    WOW! Did not see that one coming. Australia, you just ruined my fantasy bracket and I don't even care. There is a god and he hates Brazil's diving and antics as much as I do.

I have absolutely loathed Brazil since 2007. Not because they killed us in the quarters, but because they then deliberately danced and partied around us in the hotel lobby after the game. Bad sportsmanship imo. Plus, they dive more than any other team. So I'm always happy when they're knocked out of the tournament. (Though I do feel bad for the fact that Marta is undeniably the best player the women's game has seen and her government gives her nothing, while they give their men's side everything.)

3. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Kinda bummed Sweden lost the other day.

The US and Colombia game should be a good game tonight.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    What the hell, Abby.

Was that the turf, too?

EDIT: BABY HORSE

5. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Abby pulling a 2011 Carli Lloyd... I like how the Colombia keeper acted like she stopped it when she dove the wrong way. Abby just missed. And freakin hell, Pinoe and Cheney Holiday are out the next game with yellows. Ugh. Does this mean HAO will finally get field time? Knowing Ellis, she'll put Press in at wing (she's a striker dang it), Boxx and Lloyd in the middle, and then bring Brian in. HAO will sit on the bench.

Prediction: Our back line plus Solo saves us from a humiliating defeat vs China. We win by 1, only to lose to Germany in the Semis. We beat Canada for third and Germany rolls over Japan for first. (Alternately, I could see our defense holding strong enough for us to go to PKs vs Germany and then Solo pulls off a miracle and we advance to the final, but I'm not holding my breath.)

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    England get to the quarters, come from behind and score goal of the tournament....

Hopefully, Woy is taking notes throughout.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    US looked slightly better on the ball tonight, but offense was still bland and unimaginative. Still, a win in a quarterfinal is a win in a quarterfinal. Win two more, and no one cares how you looked doing it.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Do we dare to dream?! Do we England?!

We're not use to this *shakes with excitement*

9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Japan will prove too much, I think, and we're through on resilience rather than great football, but it is such a joy to see an England senior side actually showing up. You know, with actual tactics and a plan.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Belief and desire, my dear boy...

We might cause an upset; yes, Japan have won all their games but haven't looked too convincing. Have just done what's required to get through (abit like us)

11. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't think for a second that the women's side has an ounce more belief or desire than the men's side... it's just that relative to their peers they are better.

EDIT: What I mean re: Japan is that they have recent positive experience of the business end of tournaments. That means a lot, even if it is true that they're football hasn't been outstanding.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hold on tight, USA. 10 minutes and we're through to the final.

THERE'S THE WINNER!

DarthIntegral likes this.
  13. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Whoo hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthIntegral likes this.
  14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    An England v USA final would be pretty awesome.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Although I think we can beat the Japanese with this team and Solo's brick wall in net, I think that most of us here in the States will be pulling for our colonizers tomorrow night.

GO ENGLAND

16. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    The forum might not survive that :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA US

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    If only the final were a day earlier ...

19. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    I can't stop cackling at Inty's post

20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Can't wait for Sunday.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    England have a very good record of stop America advancements in Canada :p

But, yeah, USA v England finale would be awesome. Why? Blatter will be annoyed.

ShaneP likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I may have consumed an alcoholic beverage before posting. Perhaps two

s65horsey likes this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

EUPHORIA!!!

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Word! It's better to win ugly than lose pretty.

Team USA! [face_flag]

25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I feel bad for Canada, but if it leads to a USA/England final, it might be OK. Let's just say I don't want to even see Japan again for, oh, 20 more years or so.