Utah Jazz ... 'I can't wait.'

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Phantom-Iam, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Steve is correct. We are shooting (see! I can make basketball word jokes!) for the $40 price section.
  2. DarthAdubb Jedi Master

star 1
    Arroyo is gone :-(

Maybe the team will start playing together again, Not to mention AK47 is back TONIGHT!!

Im Aaron BTW. Hi.
  3. Phantom-Iam Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Aaron, thanks for posting. Some of us have plans to go to a game on Feb 5. Ya interested?

I heard we traded Arroyo, because Hot Rod was having trouble pronouncing Carlos. Funny because he doesn't have a problem with Boozer :p

I like McLeod better anyway. But why for Elden Campbell :confused:
  4. DarthAdubb Jedi Master

star 1
    Ha Ha! Hot Rod. He is great. I heard this is his last year. I think Greg Bollerjack??? "I think thats his name" Is going to replace him.

I would love to go to a game with all of you. I wont be able to make it on Feb 5th. But I will try to keep around these boards more for the next one.

As far as Carlos, I liked him, I think he is a great player. But if letting him go is what its going to take to get the Jazz playing as a team again. Then so be it.

I really do like Mcloud and Lopez.

Lets give AK a good 5 or 6 games back, so he can start playing at 100% again. Then we will start winning games. HOLLA!
  5. Phantom-Iam Jedi Master

star 4
    It's Hot Rod's last year? And Bolerjack is going to replace him? Sounds good to me.
  6. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    awww....I like Hot Rod!! It almost won't be a real Jazz game without him :(
  7. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    okay, decision time is here. I'm buying the tickets this weekend so I need to know ASAP if you are coming.

In on the fun
    ondiv aka erin
    phantom_iam aka steve
  8. Phantom-Iam Jedi Master

star 4
    you know I'm there :D

GO JAZZ, they beat Seattle 109 to 100

and [face_dancing] Kirilenko had 5 blocked shots in 20 mins of play [face_dancing]
  9. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    GO JAZZ, they beat Seattle 109 to 100

HA! I had a bet running with my trainer...I can't wait to get to the gym today and rub it in her face!!
  10. DarthAdubb Jedi Master

star 1
    Doh!!! They almost took the Timberwolves.

A win tonight vs Nets for sure.

So, I want to hope the Jazz can still make the playoffs, but they will have to win 26 out of the next 38 games they have left, just to reach .500.

Not looking so good. But AK is back, I still think it can be done.

Anyone think Jazz can go 26 and 12 in the last 38 games?
  11. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it can still be done. They won't be going in as favorites and I don't think they'll take the championship but I have faith that they can make it to the playoffs.
  12. The-Rookie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Nope. I have no faith in them these days.
  13. Phantom-Iam Jedi Master

star 4
    Thursday is the trade deadline...

That being said there are rumors of the Utah Jazz listening to offers for Carlos Boozer. The Lakers are one team I have also heard was envolved. When I know more I will repost. If anyone else knows something please post it.

I want to comment on the whole idea of trading Boozer. We spent a lot of money to get him and it would piss me off if we don't keep him. I like him as a player (though I hear he's a bit of a jerk in RL). And some of the players I hear that may come over to the Jazz aren't ones I like.

Are they trying to suck more. Are they going for a lottery pick. I look back at the beginning of this thread and I had high hopes. Now I can't wait for this season to be over. :(
  14. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    aw, not Boozer! I like Boozer! He has such potential if he would just stop being a jerk to everyone!
    I haven't heard anything about the trades...I need to jump over to the Jazz websit and take a quick look at that...
  15. Phantom-Iam Jedi Master

star 4
    It is official...

MIAMI -- In the largest trade in NBA history, Antoine Walker was dealt from Boston to Miami on Tuesday night in a transaction involving five teams and 13 players.

The Heat also acquired point guard Jason Williams and small forward James Posey from Memphis, while the Grizzlies received guard Eddie Jones from the Heat. The New Orleans Hornets and Utah Jazz were also involved in the deal.

The trade was larger than a 12-player, four-team deal in 2000 involving Patrick Ewing that had been the biggest in league history.

Miami also received Andre Emmett from Memphis and the draft rights to Roberto Duenas of Spain from the Hornets; Utah received Greg Ostertag from Memphis; Boston picked up Curtis Borchardt from Utah and a package -- Qyntel Woods, the draft rights to Spanish center Albert Miralles, two second-round draft picks and cash -- from Miami; New Orleans acquired Rasual Butler from Miami and Kirk Snyder from Utah; and the Grizzlies received guard Raul Lopez from the Jazz.

Hours after signing Shaquille O'Neal to a five-year deal, the Heat added three significant pieces to a roster that nearly reached the NBA Finals last season.

"We traded a lot, but we got back three quality players," said Heat president Pat Riley. "Antoine Walker is one of the very best multi-faceted, versatile players in this game. ... He is able to handle the ball, pass it, make plays, shoot 3's and rebound the ball. There isn't anyone in this league better at doing that."

Walker, a three-time All-Star, figures to become the starting small forward and would be backed up by Posey, one of the league's better defenders.

Walker signed a six-year deal worth nearly $53 million with Boston as of the deal's preliminary framework, and agent Mark Bartelstein said he appreciated the Celtics' willingness to help out their longtime forward.

"Antoine is thrilled," Bartelstein said. "This was a grueling process trying to put a sign-and-trade together. This took a lot of time and work and energy from a lot of people."

Williams would take over as Miami's starting point guard if Damon Jones leaves as a free agent.

Jones exits Miami after five years with the Heat.

"I spoke to him and he's appreciative of the five great years he's had in Miami," agent Leon Rose said. "He's proud that he's helped build something, although it's unfortunate that he won't be able to see it to fruition. But he wishes the organization nothing but the best."

Riley wished the three players leaving Miami well, especially Jones, whom he called "the consummate professional through thick and thin."

"I know he had fun and he was a major part of this," Riley said. "But in order to get something good back, you have to give up something good going out. I wish him nothing but the best."

Memphis acquired Borchardt earlier Tuesday in a deal in which Sacramento got Bonzi Wells from the Grizzlies in exchange for guard Bobby Jackson and Ostertag.

The Hornets did not give up any players under contract in the megatrade, which was approved by league officials late Tuesday night.

"Our cap flexibility is what allowed us to get these two players as part of this deal," Hornets general manager Allan Bristow said. "We were able to acquire two young, quality players while only giving up the rights to a player who has never appeared in a Hornets uniform."

Walker, who averaged 19.1 points and nine rebounds last season for Atlanta and Boston, will be a welcome addition to the Heat, said forward Udonis Haslem -- who formally signed his $30.7 million, five-year deal Tuesday.

"We're two different players and we can bring two different things to the table," Haslem said, a few hours before the trade got done. "If we put that together, we should have a pretty good tandem."

Miami reached Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals this past season -- even though O'Neal and Dwyane Wade were both hurt at the time. And not only was Jones a starter on that team, he was the Heat's best perimeter defender -- a ro
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.