main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC V- Con

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TR0773, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Anyone here going to V-Con in Vancouver First Weekend in October? Trying to stir up some interest with the local SW fans, if your goin maybe we can have a room party or something??

Randy

2. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Looks like I've got my contract so I'm getting my membership this week. When are you going over? I'm taking Thurs - Mon off. Can I hitch a lift? I've got quite a bit of stuff (would like to take 2 x SW costumes plus my ConJose mega-outfit, not to mention my artwork and copies of my novel).

3. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    I'm thinking of going and am looking to share a room with someone. However, if you room with me, you probably won't be getting any peace or sleep! Par-tay!

4. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Always room for a friend (or two or three or four). Room is booked from Thurs pm to Mon am.

Tap my personal e-mail and I'll give you the particulars. Still looking for a lift there and back.

5. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Have a lift both ways and an extra body for the room so the cost is down. You need to let me know whose name I need to add when I get to the hotel front desk so you're not hanging around waiting for me to turn up to let you in.

6. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    V-Con was definitely the smallest SF convention I've attended that is supposed to be a major event. The old committee apparently had a bugaboo about letting it expand over 500 members because they were afraid of it becoming a "media" event. Unfortunately, the reverse has happened; it's shrunk.
    But a new wind has blown in. A new committee is taking the reins, and they're determined to expand the convention. They asked for advice (and got it from me in the form of a three page letter) for attendees with experience.
    Space was poorly utilized and there was a decided lack of signage directing fans to events. Hopefully next year will be better. With a bit of shuffling and reorganizing the venue presentation it should definitely be an improvement. If you aren't attending CIV, but have a few bucks extra for March, check out NorWesCon in Seattle. They run to 1500 people, not to mention some big name pros, a good Dealers Hall and a respectable Art Show.
    So I guess that's a wrap for V-Con. If anyone's interested in attending next year, let me know and I'll see how the finances go in the fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.