main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA V FOR VENDETTA

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    The film "V For Vendetta" comes out on Friday, March 17 and will be playing in IMAX at Metreon. It stars Natalie Portman [face_love] and Hugo Weaving, as well as John Hurt and Stephen Rea, and is based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore. It is produced by the Wachowski Brothers (the Matrix trilogy). Some of us were fortunate enough to see an early screening of this film during WonderCon weekend, but seeing it on IMAX would be extremely awesome!

This film will certainly cause a lot of discussion and controversy. It is very topical with what's happening in the world today, and it will be interesting to see how it plays in different countries.

For more info, here's the official website:

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/index2.html

For those who want discount tickets, they are $7.25 and you can bring $ to the meeting tomorrow. I'm thinking of seeing a show between 7 - 9 pm, so when the showtimes become available, I'll post here.

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Funny thing about being topical, Alan Moore wrote it during the Thatcher administration, well over 20 years ago. The Warchowski's had wrote the script beofore this administration came into power. Ironic how the politics of fear and fascism don't change.

3. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just found a "Cliff Notes" analysis of the Alan Moore Graphic Novel.
    **Note major plot SPOILERS for those who have yet to read the book or not yet seen the movie...
    http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/35.html

It's been 2 weeks, and I'm STILL thinking about the movie, just like when I saw an early screening of Firelfy.[face_mischief]

Also note the date on which this article was written and what it says about a how a movie about this story could NOT be made.

4. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Dude, you've had my graphic novel of V for almost a year. You don't really need cliff notes do ya?;)

5. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Can't wait to see this movie [face_dancing] Natalie & Hugo in the same movie...it'll be memorable. Thanks for purchasing the tix in advance Matt.

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Well Hugo's voice. You never see his face.

7. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Matt, I will get you money as soon as I make sure that it's a time I can go. If it's anything earlier than 8:00, I probably won't be able to make it.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I thought about that, Rach, so hopefully it'll be between 8 - 9 pm.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Maybe we can have a mini-meeting before or after the movie, since I found out most of the SVRF can't make the proposed date of the 18th to Marine World due to WonderCon fund depletion, unless some of us still want to go. I wouldn't want anyone to come to Metreon twice in a row. Post your thoughts.

10. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I'd really like to go to this, but since I wasn't at the last meeting I haven't paid yet ;P If I bring the money to the showing (or the meeting beforehand) can I attend? I can't wait to meet you guys!!

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Kinda late for a meeting, either time isn't it? Why not just meet Saturday like usual?

12. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I think Matt was figuring since most of us will be there anyway, we could just do it then. As for Marine World, does Sac Force have an alternate date or are we deciding whether we want to go on our own? If we are not committed to that date, it might be nice to pick one that is right after a movie night.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Marine World on the 18th for SVRF seems like a no-go (but they still wish they could go). I mentioned a possible April 22 for Great America, though. If you guys want, we could still do something on the 18th, but cheaper, say mini-golf?

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    It's St Patrick's Day. Some may be uhm...preoccupied. I was also thinking of any new members or those that won't be joining us for the movie. Either way, we should have our meetings posted on the front page of our website too. As it is I'm not likely to get that night off anyway, though I will try.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If there's no objections posted to it by midnight tonight, I'll make the meeting on the 18th then.

16. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm going to try to get that night off. But I have a feelinbg my boss will laugh in my face, shake his head, and walk away.

17. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001

And if he doesnt, then I will.

Probably for no reason though.

18. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Matt, any idea when we will find out when the showtimes are?

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Usually, it's about a week beforehand.

20. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I like your new avatar, Matt.

I am gonna try to make V, but no idea for sure yet. I'll buy a ticket later if I can.

21. jedizoe

jedizoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    Hey Matt it's me Ash. Me and Josh are in but I wont be able to see it those times but he will so what I was thinking that I would see it earlier before work. Josh would be able to see it with you guys if thats cool with you. JUst let me know ok.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Since it is St. Patty's Day, there was talk of us going to an Irish pub down the block afterwards.

Sorry youngin's. :(

23. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Dang it's also my friend's birthday and she's throwing a Fetish party.

24. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    [image=http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/padme-ani-divorce.jpg]

25. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    anything else going on in the area for us "youngin's" afterwards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.