San Fran, CA V FOR VENDETTA

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    It doesn't matter what time it is! The Metreon, the Ventetta, the Chieftain, the beer, and most important of all... The People! Bring'em all! So it just doesn't matter... as long as everyone drinks it and brings it...o_O
  2. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    HI GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! OMG LONG TIME NOT CHECKING THE BOARD :(
    WELL THAT IS GOING TO CHANGE FROM NOW.
    ANYWAYS SO WHAT TIME YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO CHECK THE MOVIES
    I'M KINDA CONFUSSED ABOUT IT :*
    PLS. LET ME KNOW.
    IT'S BEING A LONG TIME SINCE i SAW YOU GUYS.
    MISS YOU
  3. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I got the 7:10 tickets for Gale, Sharon & Dan. Anyone else?
  5. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I told you I was easy.
  6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Whatever is the most popular with The People, Matt.
  7. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Matt, since it sounds like some folks are going to the 10:10 show, I need to get a ticket. I could take Anne's ticket if that works or if you are working tommorow I can stop by after work and give you money then for my own. Let me know what's best.
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Here's something I saw, and if you're interested, go for it!

Join us, Thursday, March 16, 8 pm at the AMC Metreon.

Be one of the first 25 people to have your head shaved, compliments of Joe Hamer Beyond Hair and you can see V For Vendetta FREE in IMAX at 10:00 pm.

The first person to have their head shaved by our stylist will receive a V FOR VENDETTA prize pack and a $100 gift certificate.

The first woman to have her head shaved will also receive a film prize pack, a goodie bag compliments of Benefit Cosmetics & a $100 gift certificate.

So, any takers? [face_mischief]
  9. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Woah! I wish I was going. I just might have been in the mood to do this. And my hair is so long it could really use a trim, lol. [face_laugh]
  10. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Callisto_DAerisian Force Ghost

star 2

i have neither the cajones nor the beauty to do such a thing...

thanks for getting the tix for us, chosen one! we appreciate your help! where will everyone be hanging out prior to the movie? maybe we can hook up with you after our movie.

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S EVERYONE. [face_flag] [face_good_luck]
  12. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    I guess those who go to the 10pm screening will be at the Chieftain between 6-8ish. Then to get your Green on, I suggest those going to the 7:10 show do the same after your show.
    Afterwards, we could all meet @ Denny's or Mel's right after our show gets out at around Midnight.
    Just stay posted via text or cel.
    Yeah, what a pretty sight... A bunch of largely Asian-American Star Wars Geeks pretending to be Irish...[face_good_luck] :D
  13. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Or back to the Chieftan.

This Denny's Mels habit is getting old.
  14. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah...! Know your role Dale!!! The People are going for the People's drinks! Eat before hand!
  15. Dolfinz Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll prolly meet you guys at the theater...what time do you think you'll start lining up? (I guess I'll figure out where you are by the green sabers, huh? ;) )
  16. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish i could go. But as luck has it, I'm going to see Babyland at the Bottom of the Hill tonight.

see yall at tme meeting!
  17. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, is any girl that hard up for 100 gift certificate? I can only see a girl doing that if she is like a punk rebel (or sadly losing her hair for some other reason).

Sorry I can't go to the movie with you guys. I need to spend time with my sister-in-law since she's in town.

- Kay Dee
  18. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Had a great time seeing the movie again. Here's a rundown on the night's events:

First we met at the Chieftain to celebrate St. Patty's Day, complete with green lightsabers. There were some new faces that some of you had never met: Donna, Josh (wish Ashley), Chris (with Mirtha) and my friend Grover and his wife Bianca. Then it was off to Mel's for a quick bite to eat, and then as everyone got in line, I got into my "V" costume and handed out posters to people as they went in. We were the envy of the theater as people asked us where we got our "V" masks. Then we took a group photo after the movie. Thanks to Robert for the extra masks, and to Dale for helping me with the costume. Donna, I hope we didn't scare you off. This isn't a typical event for the SFFF [face_mischief] . Gale, Sharon, sorry I missed you guys after your movie. :(

Almost forgot, on my way back to the line, I took a few photos in the hallway:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Vpremiere.jpg]

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/EveyV.jpg]

I don't know how you guys missed them. They were standing right there!

19. Dolfinz Jedi Knight

star 1
    No way! You guys are awesome! It was funny seeing people's reactions to the masks and green sabers ;)
  20. Rogue6 Force Ghost

star 2
    V was awesome!

I saw it on Saturday -- It did well this weekend. Hopefully most audiences understand the film. I enjoyed it very much.
  21. jedizoe Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm going to see it for the third time next week!!!
  22. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    This movie blew me away. I totally wasn't expecting V to do all that to Evey. Thumbs -up! Thought provoking and original!
  23. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    going to see it tonight at the IMAX! cant wait.
  24. Callisto_DAerisian Force Ghost

star 2
    i can't wait to see it again. WAY WAY better than my already HIGH expectations.
  25. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Forgot to post the pics! Here's a collage:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/collage.jpg]

Does anyone have other pics, like the group one?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.