main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

^v^v^A Choice too Hard to Make^v^v^ (JA, Vignette: Drama)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Title: A Choice Too Hard to Make

Author: SiriGallia

Rating: PG (character death)

Genre: Drama/Vignette

Summery: At the hands of an insain being Qui-Gon is faced with a horrible choice, will it prove to be one he is unable to make?

Disclaimer: None of the recognizable characters, nor the world of Star Wars itself belongs to me, but to George Lucas, Jude Watson or Shcolastic, but I am not getting paid, it's just for fun ;)

Author's Note: I'm sure someone else had come up with this idea before, and likely has written it as well, but it is an idea I came up with and felt like writing, so know, (whoever you may be) that I am not trying to steal your idea :)

*Italics*

A Choice Too Hard to Make

Qui-Gon Jinn couldn't remember a time when he'd felt more helpless, more incapable of thought, so unfocused that it almost hurt him to think.

He wasn't sure when the catastrophe had begun, somewhere so distant that he could not place it's origin, that he couldn't remember even the faintest hints of a beginning. He shut his eyes for a brief moment, but still he could not find his center, he couldn't concentrate, he couldn't stop the rapid beating in his heart. Nothing had prepared him for this...

He was standing in one place, feeling isolated by the luminescent prison that surrounded him, he couldn't move more than a couple feet in any direction without being painfully pushed back. He could see all clearly, but he couldn't move to the oblivion before him.

However, that was not the thing that crushed his heart, it was not the thing that so boggled his mind that he was sure he would never regain his scattered emotions. The thing that so captured his very sense of calm were the two figures tightly bound across from him. They seemed very close by way of distance, but at the same time seemed so far away he couldn't see them if he had the sharpest eyes of any human.

The figures were two that he knew so well and loved so dearly he was sure he could not bear the torture of simply seeing them bound up against the iron posts dug into some form of unidentifiable ground.

On the right from him stood Tahl. The beautiful girl from his youth, the lovely woman, blind though she was, of his present life. He had seen her through her difficulties and she had seen him through his. They were connected in a very special way that ran deeper than the imagination could fathom. They had known one another so long and shared so much. When she had cried it had been up to him, and him alone, to see her through those rare tears. When he had been ready to blame the whole world for things done to him she was ready to take the blame and throw far away form him, often times at much cost to herself. She stood now in a helpless prison against a rot iron pillar staring blankly at him through her sightless green/gold eyes, and there was pain there, and there was suffering, but there dwelt a great peace that had always kept her standing through storms of injustice and terror.

Qui-Gon turned from Tahl to the second figure.

On the left from him stood Obi-Wan. The bright boy of seventeen that had been an unquenchable light in Qui-Gon's life since he'd entered it. The boy had been through so much with him, through so many trials and so many sudden disasters that the Jedi Master often marveled that Obi-Wan could be left standing in the end. Obi-Wan had always been one to take pain, to take tragedy, to take hurt and fear, and to gently put it away. To shelve it and to release it. True that many times these shelves would grow full and the emotions on his heart would overflow, and these were time when Qui-Gon would gently take his hand and hold it tight, never once letting go until Obi-Wan had emptied his hurt emotions and become at peace within his heart again. Obi-Wan had suffered so much through his lifetime and yet he could boldly face the next day as he had faced the one before. The young man now stood straight and erect, his turbulent eyes filled with anxiousness and sl

2. Jedi_Fress_Colias

Jedi_Fress_Colias Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    Interesting story you have

3. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ooh! I like this. Wow, thank goodness that was all just a bad dream!

4. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    OO niice!!

Had me going for quite a bit there.. Luved it!

Great work.

TIll Later~
    Siri

5. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Excellent story. You pulled me into the story. I loved it. Even had a happy ending.

more?!

Velvet

6. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Awesome story!

Oh... goodness... to choose between something like that...

Bravo, SiriGallia!

7. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Awwww! :) Now my eyes are all watery! I like the ending, I feel warm inside! Thank you for this vignette, SiriGallia!

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm so glad that was only a dream, SiriGallia. And the ending was wonderful too. :)

9. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    This was great!

I agree with Qui-Gon, there can´t be a wrose case than such a choice...

Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.