main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Va.Beach and Norfolk finds

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wampa88, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wampa88

Wampa88 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Scored AOTC figures at Kmart at corner of little creek and tidewater! They had anakin peasant wave, jar jar wave, and captain typho wave! Plus deluxe figures, 12" figures, slave 1, Role Play weapons, two whole end caps just packed full! No problem checking out when you can do it yourself!!
    I also went to the BigK @ Pembroke/VB Blvd., they also had the same thing there....that is so awesome. I then went to the BigK @ Kempsriver Crossing and they rolled out a big cart full of SW boxes...I guess they are putting stuff out, but I could not wait! I guess for BigK, don't care about the release date.

2. Treadwell71

Treadwell71 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Good news, indeed. I will have to rush out there this evening after work. Thanks for the tip.

3. Wampa88

Wampa88 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Quick update, the Tidewater Dr / Little Creek BigK either sold everything or they figured out is was out too early and they pulled everything down. The only BigK that still has stuff was on Pembroke VaBeach Blvd! They did not have alot left either. There are some figures on the end of the aisle but it is on the back side, not the side that you first come across! Look around you'll see them.

4. Wampa88

Wampa88 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    I was just @ SuperKmart in Virginia Beach(Chimney Hill), and there was a case with number 325580000 with 14 action figures inside. The box does not say Collection 1 or 2 on the side. It actually has 1 each of the first waves of C1 & 2. Case is labeled to be sold as a case of 14, NOT for individual sale. There was no price on it! Kmart must have worked some sort of deal with Hasbro!

5. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    I was stuck at the office late yesterday, so I wasnt able to make it out to the Kmarts of which you spoke. I'm going to do some running around tomorrow and will post my findings, if any.

6. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    Not much AOTC stuff to be found today, save for a kiddie Jedi lightsaber/headset thing at the Pembroke Kmart. Not that it matters much, I was able to find some "new" OT figures at both the Military Hwy and Chesapeake Square Toys R Us (Rebel Trooper, FX-7, Imperial Officer, etc). Maybe these have been out for a while, but I certainly haven't run across them.

7. NGCRULER

NGCRULER Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    wallmart on... er... well my parents took me and i donnt know what street its on :) Its accross from a movie place, a starbucks, and next to a harris teeter i believe. its in va beach. they had TONS of figures and toys. i bout number 1,2 and 3 of collection one and 4 CCG packs. I hate being 15 and not having a job yet. Luckely ill be 16 in under a month! Then ill buy all i can finde(and afford)

8. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    Anyone in Norfolk/Va Beach area been able to find the royal guard, Tuan we, or Luminara Unduli? These are the only figures I have not been able to locate.

9. NGCRULER

Apr 27, 2002
    i loked today and found they are not the special ones. Go to the k-mart on holland road and they have a side shop. In it are box's of figures. Some are unopend. They have collection 1 box's and collection 2. Your not suspost to open unopened ones(i found that out the hard way today :)) but if you look you'll see one that is just missing c-3P0. Thats the one i opened.

10. NGCRULER

Apr 27, 2002
    so happy! I just scored a mint Lord Dooku on ebay for $14! heck yeah :)

11. VoodooManNC

VoodooManNC Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    I can snag those for you here in Elizabeth City. It's an undiscovered gold mine here...our K-Mart & Wal-Mart had tons of figs with the backgrounds. I'm planning to be up at the AMC 24 for the midnight show, let me know if you're interested in me picking those up for you.

12. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Mark, you're back! Hey...I was hoping to talk to you about some things. Could you email me at keithabbott@hotmail.com? I wanted to talk about HobbyCon, the film you took and your services for recording, etc.

Keith

13. NGCRULER

Apr 27, 2002
    are you talking to me? And do you mean the special figures of just any ones?

14. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    VooDoo....If you could pick those three up for me I would really appreciate it. I've visited a few more stores here in Tidewater (as far away as Suffolk *smirk*) but can't find them.

Thanks.

15. VoodooManNC

VoodooManNC Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    Sorry that I was vague NGCRULER...I've been in a haze since the movie is now just 2 weeks away!!!

Here's the lowdown...Elizabeth City has only a few SW collectors and they have hit the stores by now. The leftovers include many figs with the cardboard backgrounds. Our Wal-Mart also got a handful of the Collection 2 figs... Emperor's Guard, Duel Ani, etc.

Barring any natural disaster, I'd be willing to pick up a few figs for you hardcore collectors to help the cause. Just email your lists to me at voodooman@adelphia.net and I'll try to snag them for you. I'll bring the figs with me to the AMC that night, or if you're in dire need to have them, I could run up to VA next weekend (I'll be in Raleigh this weekend cheering on the 'Canes!)

Just let me know, and remember that sales tax down here is 6.5%, so the final total will be a little larger. Let me know as soon as you can...I don't know when the Wal-Mart & K-Mart sales end and I won't be leaving town until Sunday afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.