main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Vacation]So I'm gonna be in Cali for three weeks starting March 16th

Discussion in 'Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Hmm, I've never played wal-mart tag. Are there any special rules that make it different from regular tag?

Evil.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I haven't played tag since elementary school. :p

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

3. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Last time I played was in Skyrim. :-B

Seriously though, can we use carts to add speed?

Evil.

4. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Any other ideas, guys? I have twenty-two days to fill.

Evil.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    No. This place is awful. I hide indoors.

6. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    If we're gonna do this wal-mart tag thing, it needs to be sometime between the 19th and the 23rd of march.

Evil.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    If anyone is actually serious in showing up during a work day of mine, do keep in mind that Porter Ranch is located in Northern area of the San Fernando Valley, which will be a good 15-20+ miles from where anyone might be. :p

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

8. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    You should look into what shows are playing at the Ahmanson if you like theatre. They're generally quite good. It's also just a short walk away from the Disney Concert Hall. So is the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion, where you can check out some opera if you're into that kind of thing. The Pantages also has some decent shows.

Also check out the independent movie theaters. They're everywhere, and are often showing some pretty cool stuff. I love the American Cinematheque, and there's also the New Beverly and others. And the Arclights which show normal releases for the most part but have a lot of perks like assigned seating so if you buy your ticket in advance you can ensure great seats.

Don't go see any sports because they're lame.:p

Santa Monica Pier can be fun for a few hours, but there isn't a ton to do there. They do have a big ferris wheel and a pretty sizable arcade though, and some decent food venues.

Griffith Park Observatory is cool for a night out. The park itself is also quite large and I'm sure you could get some decent hiking done there, since I've been there a couple of times myself. Plus there are lots of trails in the hills that I know about mostly because my dad hikes a lot.

Then, as have been mentioned, there are the great museums. LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art), MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art), The Getty Museum and the Villa (I personally like the Villa a bit better, but they're both pretty cool), the Museum of Natural History, the Holocaust Museum, the California Science Center...we actually have quite a few quality museums.

And the Los Angeles Central Library, which is the biggest branch in the L.A. Public Library system, and one of the biggest libraries in the nation. If you love books like I do, check it out, as it's got a huge selection.

As has already been said there are plenty of theme parks, though personally I only really care for Disneyland. If you're more into roller coasters then Six Flags is better.

9. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Well, I think that I'm going to have a lot of free time during my first week there. So I'll probably be checking out a few of those museums if no one wants to do anything.

Evil.

10. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    What exactly are the dates you'll be there?

EDIT: Never mind. Just glanced at the thread title.[face_blush]

11. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm down for anything and mostly flexible.

Walmart tag is just tag that you play in Walmart. It's fun! But I like museums. And other things. Beer, too.

12. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Agree with Prenn, provided this blasted cold that's been plaguing me is better by then. I actually haven't been to most of the museums in years, so I'd love to check out a couple of those places. Or the observatory, which I've been wanting to do anyway.

13. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm down. Just let me know what days you guys are available.

Evil.

14. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Irvine is 40 miles or so from LA, in case you were seriously considering going to the museums.

Anaheim and Buena Park are much closer. Anaheim's claim to fame, other than being the city where I grew up, is Disneyland and Buena Park has Knott's Berry Farm (think Disneyland raped by a carnival).

And Wonder Con is also being held in Anaheim the weekend of the 16th thru the 18. I'll be at the Jericho (TV show) fan table.

15. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm holding off on Disneyland until week three when my tour guide will be off work and completely available. But I will be at wonder con on the 17th. :)

Evil.

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Woooo WonderCon!

17. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm excited for it, but it's not Kawaii Kon. I will be missing one of my favorite things about it, the friday night formal ball. :(

Evil.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I have a feeling this WonderCon is just going to be Comic-Con Jr.

19. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    The schedule doesn't look too exciting, so there's a good chance I won't be staying all day Saturday.

Do I need to buy tickets online, or should I be able to purchase them the day of?

Evil.

20. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I might be doing that myself now, since I'm probably not going to Comic Con (I have a faint hope left for another opportunity that might have panned out, but won't know till Monday). A lot more short notice, but I just looked over the schedule and exhibitors and it seems like I would get some fun out of it. I'd go all 3 days if I went at all.

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'd buy online just in case.

22. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Aight.

What's special about Sea World? I'm considering going down to san diego for it during my stay.

Evil.

23. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm going to need a place to drink during week one, who's up for it? I don't like to drink alone.

Evil.

24. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    And I don't drink at all, so sorry that I won't be available. Perhaps I should mention thought that I WILL be at WonderCon all weekend, staying at a hotel down the road, so hopefully I can meet you then if you're going.:)

25. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'll be there Saturday with a friend and some of her family. Will you be in costume?

Evil.