main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vacuform IN Greeley

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by trixter, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trixter

trixter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    Hey all im here in Greeley COlorado and im looking to strike up some deals with all you in the area that are needing vacuformed stormtrooper armor and other such vacu-formed pieces.

I am a huge Star Wars fan as well as costumer, prop maker, and fan film maker and have just aquired a professional grade Vacu-form. Im willing to do runs on it free of charge in exchange for some molds or other stuff. So if your interested, have some molds, and want to get in touch drop me a line.

Hope to hear from you

Trixter

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We are huge into costuming, you have given us a very sweet offer, thanks. So do you sculpt stuff yourself? Where do you get your plastic stuff from? And would you mind a bunch (or some) freaks coming to your home to do this????? :D

I was wanting to do a Lady Death costume for StarCon or fest (?) I need a shoulder bell & arm band. Should be easy, or so I think.

Nice to have you around, I'm sure you will be hearing from someone soon. Just remember we aren't suppose to sell anything here, so that can be worked out in PM's.

3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Actually, I'm more interested in sheets of ABS plastic instead of armor. I can't find a place to get ABSanywhere. Do you use ABS or styrene?

*crosses fingers and hopes hopes hopes that it's ABS*

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I hope it's ABS, too --I want to make an ABS version of my Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet. :)

5. trixter

trixter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    Actually to be honest I dont what type of plastic it is, when i got the machine from the auction there were two HUGE rolls of plastic that came with it and were not even 1/2 way through the first roll yet.

So untill I actually start buying plastic I wont know where to get, but as soon as I do Ill let you all know what, where and how much.

Just out of curiosity, anyone try contacting tapp plastics?

6. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Hmm...no real way of explaining the differences, except that styrene sucks (tears easily, sometimes the pulls get stretched weird, etc.), and ABS doesn't. :)

Where is Tapp located? Can you PM me a number? The only "Tapp" business that popped up in the net search were auto places. :/

7. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Isnt styrne used in for the cheapo masks they give kids for halloween costumes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.