main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader/Anakin Sith or not?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth_Xion, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Xion

Darth_Xion Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    Ok I read this off another post but i neede some clerification, some one put that the reason you see the Anakin ghost at then end of the RotJ movie instead of the Vader ghost is because Vader becomes Anakin when he saves his son by defeating his dark master.....but my thing isnb't it the sith way to kill your master eventually anyways so in fact it wasnt the killing of the dark master but th saving of his son the brought him back to the force.

2. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Anakin was the choosen one. He ceased to become the choosen one (or went on a little detour) when he feel to the dark side.

His love for his son brought him back to the good side and he fullfilled his destiny as the choosen one by killing the Sith and bringing balance back to the force.

Clone

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Yes, the Sith Apprentice killing the Sith Lord is the way of the Sith Order. BUT, when that happens the apprentice takes over and becomes the Master.

This is the way I see it. Darth Vader did not kill Darth Sidious. Anakin Skywalker killed Darth Sidious. Anakin killed Vader right before he killed Sidious.

Anakin's love for his son is what caused him to kill Darth Vader and Darth Sidious.

4. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    tough question. i'd say yes and no.

yes:
    he practices the Sith teachings and ways. he follows a strictly sith leader and bears the title "Darth".

no:
    in the end of the day, Anakin brings balance to the force, slaying the emperor. his final sacrifice and action as a human being is spent destroying the last surviving Sith, ultimately creating him a Jedi.

so in the end, no. he did not die a Sith. this is another point I often emphasize- SW is a story of redemption. he goes from jedi to sith to jedi again. :-D

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    destroying a Sith master to take his place is the Sith way

destroying a Sith master out of compassion isn't

that's the difference

6. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    anikin he was always the chosen one.
    when he killed his master it was to save his son not for selfish reasons of his own.
    so when his ghost shows up it is the redeemed anakin not the evil vader

thought this was pretty stright forward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.