main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader at Padme's funeral?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by kenobirose, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobirose

kenobirose Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    So, here's the deal. The other day I was watching ROTS and I had a crazy idea. What if Vader decided to "sneak" (after all how many people go around in full black body armor) into the funeral maybe to see Padme one last time because of course he couldnt save her, and to see the truth that she was indeed dead for himself. Plus I think he wanted one more crack at Obi Wan, because after all Obi Wan and Padme were having an affair and Vader thought Obi might be there ;) any thoughts?

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Vader "sneaking" around among thousands of people? Oh boy, that would be a laugher. A nice way to cheer up the tragic ending...;)

3. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

That wouldn't work for so many different reasons. The most important being the one in the reply above mine.

4. Master_Mace_Windows

Master_Mace_Windows Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2005
    In the words of Yoda: *Only PAIN he would find.*

5. THEFORCEISWITHME33

THEFORCEISWITHME33 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Yeah, right. Or maybe Vader thinks Obi-Wan is the father too!! I mean after all Luke does seem to have as many moles as Obi-Wan!!:eek: I don't think so. Padme would never have cheated on Ani. Vader wouldn't dare show up. But I bet anything he would have wanted to be there. Or at least see her final resting place.

6. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    ^^ Perhaps, it might be a sort of closing for him, so he could move on with his new life. But I think he didn't even want to think about Padme, and as his life goes on, he learns to never think of her. It brings back old feelings and emotions that Vader has caged off. Toor risky.

7. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Well, he was suitably dressed in black. :p

8. TH421

TH421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    First, I do not think Sidious would let his new apprentice get that far away from him for the time being. Temple massacre or no, Darth Vader's indoctrination would require careful cultivation after the death of Padme.

Second, I am not sure Vader could face the funeral and the failure it implied. I think a similar rationale is in play when, in Epi. IV, he refuses to go down to Tattooine to personally recover the Death Star plans - he can no longer face the past.

The irony here is that as Anakin Skywalker, he could not let go of his past or find detatchment in the present. As Vader, he accomplishes that degree of objectivity to an extent - but only by avoiding all contact with his former life.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Aside from the brief trip to check on the Death Star and meet with Tarkin, Vader stayed on Courscant. He was still recovering from his injuries and getting used to his new situation. When it was time to leave, he had other important matters. He would not go back to Tatooine or Naboo again. The closest he came to Tatooine was what we saw in ANH.

10. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    They seemed to have left that part out of my copy of the movie.
    I want my money back!

[face_peace]Wonderful observation!

11. vadersmyfather

vadersmyfather Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2005
    ....an affair...........

MMMMMMM

I must have missed that love scene.

12. TheMaidofOrleans

TheMaidofOrleans Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    No, of course not! He's still recovering from his injuries.

Padme is the past.
    Vader is the future.

13. kenobirose

kenobirose Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Clarification. I know that it would have been impossible for him to attend. It was an idea that came in the wee hours of the morning.

The affair idea came from reading way too much into the story. A comment I heard that only Luke was actually Anakin's child because Vader told Luke to "tell his sister" rather than to tell his daughter. What parent actually tells thier son to "tell my daughter something"? But at least it was an entertaining idea.

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Not exactly sure how someone dressed in all black wielding an iron lung can sneek into a funeral for one last peek. The main idea was to have the public believe Anakin was dead and the identity of this mysterious henchman of Palpatine's to remain anonymous.

15. Constant_shadow

Constant_shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Heh heh I can see it now.

Silence falls on Naboo as the people mourn the death of their beloved Queen. Lord vader slipd into the back of the crowd to catch a glimpse of his wife.

*Loud breathing*

*clunk clunk clunk*

Hmm wouldn't work....

In all seriousness, (considering it even though you said it was an early hours of the morning concept), He would be too messed up (mentally and physically) to go, and I'm pretty sure it would freak a lot of people out.

16. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Within the Republic/Empire there was something called Holo Net news or something. I'm sure Vader may have watched it and his greatest regret about what Sidious told him would have been confirmed.

17. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    Vader was *so* not invited to that funeral.

18. DragonBalls

DragonBalls Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    That would be so funny

19. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    Vader was putting that big ball of a spacestation together and started making his own starcraft too!!

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    The question I have is would Palpatine go? He is the Emperor and was Padme's ambassador. It might be expected of him.

21. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    ^^ Not when people know he is a Sith Lord...

22. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    But they don't know that. To them, he is still kindly old Palpatine, forever scarred by the traitorous Jedi.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right. Almost no one knew that he was a Sith, save for the Jedi and Bail, as well as Artoo.

Palpatine never went to the funeral. He had more important things to do. Observe construction on the Death Star and get it back on schedule. Continue the switchover to the Empire. Make sure that Bail, Mon Mothma and a number of other Senators know that his word is the law now. And of course, make sure that Vader gets back in the game.

24. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I think that Padme's murder was blamed on Darth Vader, and because she was such a great influence to Naboo, if Vader showed up at her funeral the mob would have got him.

25. Master_Mace_Windows

Master_Mace_Windows Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2005
    And then OBI-WAN would be the one to say *You should not have come back!*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.