main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader Breathing help needed

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Darth_Agony, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    I need some help with my Darth Vader costume... or actually the breathing effects. I just got a complete vader costume, and now I am trying to figure out how to do the breathing effect. I bought an MP3 player to use, but now I was wondering what I should use to broadcast the sound from the MP3 player so that it may be heard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

2. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Our local Vader here in NY, has his set up through a CD player, and then it broadcasts through a mini speaker(Connected to the headphones jack) Or so thats what i remember from seeing anyway.

3. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    The speakers can be covered in a leather or vinyl case and attatched to the belt (Towards the back so no one sees them).

4. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I don't know if this helps but there was a toy vader mask made a few years back that came with a voice transmitter/changer. It had the breathing sound effect built in along with a voice changer that deepened your voice so that you sounded more like James Earl Jones. The mask isn't a very good but the mic and the transmitter can be disconected very easily.

The other suggestions are good ones as well. If you are going to use a cd player I would recomend using an MP3/CD player so that you could loop the breathing track for about ten hours while only using one set of batteries.

Hope this helps

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    There are speakers you can buy at radio shack and it attaches to your belt......

The chest box I have for my vader suit had something on there I just recorded the breathing and looped it.
    I hooked it up to a black speaker and it sounds great :)

6. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Which speakers would I want? I'm not really sure what to buy.

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I bought a set of those cheap speakers that you can plug into a headphone jack for $10. Then I disassembled them and cut off one of the speakers (you could leave the other if you want to be in stereo). Then I found a nice clean clip of one cycle of breathing and burned it onto a CD as the first track. The next several tracks were all various Vader clips from the movies. But I put the CD player in an interior pocket and just put it on one track repeat.

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I am gearing up my vader for a parade next week I'll check to see what the number on the box for the speakers are.

9. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    what, am i the only person who can make a vader breathing sound vocally?

10. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Youre not alone neo ^ Honestly, Whats wrong with cupping your hands around your mouth and wispering HOOOPPPPEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.