main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Vader Costume

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Kurdatz, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurdatz

Kurdatz Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    Hi gang. I'm just about done with a kickass Vader costume that looks so real that it's actually freaked out some of my fellow employees. I'm planning on a Halloween debut, but I thought it would be a lot cooler if there were any stormtroopers in the area that have costumes so we could "invade" costume parties? When it's completely done I'll have pics ready, all I'm missing is the chest computer (which is coming) and I have a light up lightsaber coming as well.

A little about me: Name: Sammy. Age 26. I live here in Madison on the East side and work for Uncle Sam. No wife or kids and was originaly from Duluth before moving here about three years ago. I've been a Star Wars fan for many, many years, but my favorite character is Darth Vader, hence the Halloween costume (being Captain Kirk for 10 years was getting boring!). This costume is GREAT! Like I said, when I get it completed I'll have pics available. See ya!

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey, we actually have two Stormtroopers up here in Milwaukee bonafide members of the 501st.

M

3. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Sounds cool!

Hey, you up for meeting the rest of the group? Meeting on Saturday, 6pm at East Towne in the food court.

4. Kurdatz

Kurdatz Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    I wish I could meet the gang that day, being that its just up the street from where I live, but unfortunatly I've got to work that day. I do plan on stopping in on one of your meetings though.

5. Kurdatz

Kurdatz Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    Wow! You actually have a few troopers that are a part of the 501st? ? ? That's totally awesome! ! !

6. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    sounds cool, hope you stop by one of our meetings

7. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    sounds mighty cool indeed! you will definitly have to wear it to Filmcon if anything! I have a Jedi costume that is almost completed...but I am afraid I can offer no help with the stormtroopers. *wishes to buy a stormtrooper costume*. Anyway nice to have a new person in the group! to bad you wont be able to make it to the meeting. Hope you will attend some in the future though! so I bid ye welcome!

Forcebewitya!

8. Kurdatz

Kurdatz Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    I finally got the pics, just have to scan them in. Like I said the costume isn't yet complete - but it's getting close. It will be done for Halloween I'm sure. I'm not too happy with the voice changer, I'm currently working on getting a new one that's much better, but also more expensive (by far!) I think of it as my project thats always in progress. I'll let you know more about it as I keep working on it. The belt boxes look sweet and I can't wait to get the light up lightsaber thats coming from Parks Sabers (check em out on the web - they're awesome!) If you guys are really into costuming as Vader, check out VaderPainter or The Meditation Chamber. Both sites are excellent for building your own costumes.

9. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    ah yes parksabers are so awesome! which one are you getting? I was thinking of saving up for the double helix (the one that turns into a doublebladed saber and two sabers). But it was WAY to expensive for me. and I am making my own saber right now, and completing my Jedi costume (as I said above) so I already am spending a lot on those.

Forcebewitya!

10. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'd love to have a double helix

11. Kurdatz

Kurdatz Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    I've purchased the Rogue Ignited saber (with a reddish pink blade) Should be here in a few weeks (as long as it's in time for Halloween). The voice changer though might not be here in time (sucker costs like $400) so I may not buy that in time for Halloween. Its all still work in progress, like a labor of love kinda thing, but it will truely be great to see once its all done. Forcebewitya, which version of the lightsaber are you making?

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    well I actually am just making a hardware saber. Its pretty basic but hopefully it will turn out good. It is only the hilt though no el-blade sadly... the rouge is an awesome saber (well they all are awesome really :D).

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah they're all great. maybe someday I'll get one

14. Kurdatz

Kurdatz Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    The Parks Saber is finally here and the costume is now 95% complete - still waiting for the cod piece. The chestpiece is also here too and looks totally awesome! I finally scanned in the pics, so if you want to see this costume, just shoot me your email address and I'll try and send them. Sorry I missed yet another meeting, but I've been away for two weeks. Ciao gang!

15. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Maybe next time
    I wouldnt mind seeing it
    my email is
    rwitalison@hotmail.com

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I would also be interested in some pictures (and just on a side not Parks sabers is the best!). My email is Forcebewitya@aol.com

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.