Vader Costuming

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by VoijaRisa, May 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I recently started working on my Vader costume. Right now I'm trying to assemble a chest box. I've found several sites that give good information on the coin slots and the switches, but I haven't found anything on how to make the silver rods on the sides. If anyone knows of a site that has good instructions for this or has ideas of their own I'd like to hear them.

sg edit: unlocked
  2. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Skio has an excellent Vader suit, he's also a bit of an expert on the chestbox. You ought to PM him to for tips.
  3. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will contact my father for the list of materials he used for his. Will get back to you in the next day or so :)
  4. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Currently, I'm looking to replace the lenses on my Don Post standard helmet. I already popped the old ones out and sanded the rims of the eye holes back to fix the holes left by the lenses. But I can't find anything to replace them with. I was looking for sunglass lenses but they're all to small. Anyone have any other ideas?
  5. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Remember folks, some of the original "switches" on Vader's costume were painted Cardboard.

In the end, any solution you come up with that looks cool is good.
  6. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    "some of the original "switches" on Vader's costume were painted Cardboard"

Really now? I did not know that. Now I don't feel so bad about using lots of cardboard in mine...
  7. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    i got your email,
    ill be sending pictures soon,i didnt forget about you
    just been busy!

as for the chestbox,yes you can use cardboard and such but the end product will be a noticed part of the costume.the chestbox is right in the center and everybody looks at it.be sure your prepared to have people push the buttons CONSTANTLY!
    theres something about women and the buttons.no joking.
  8. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I've finished my rod things now and the only thing really left on my chestbox is the big red and blue buttons. Any recommendations on those?
  9. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    1 inch square tube caps.
    they are plastic caps that pop in the ends of square aluminum tubing.they can be found at lowes and do it best hardwrare stores.didnt find them at home depot.but you could ask.
  10. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Sounds good. However, I changed some of the dimensions on my chestbox (the coin slots are shorter) so I'll probably try to find them in 1 1/2 inch to take up that extra space.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.