main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader exposes Luke's sister.....

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jorge_Lucas, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorge_Lucas

Jorge_Lucas Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    But did he realize it was Leia? I searched but couldn't find a similar topic. Sorry if this is a dupe.

Anyway, I see no evidence in the film that he realizes Luke's sister is Leia. Just "sister" in all conversations.

2. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I'm sure Vader kew who his daughter was. When Vader used the Force to probe into Luke's consciousness, he saw Leia, I'm sure.

It's one of those crazy Jedi things.

3. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I think it could be that way, but the author of this thread is right in that Vader doesn't give any clue that he knows it's Leia... imagine this slightly altered conversation :p...

VADER: Sister! So...you have a twin sister. Your
    feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan
    was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure
    is complete. If you will not turn to the dark
    side, then perhaps she will.

LUKE: ::Laughs hysterically:: Fat chance, knowing her...

VADER: Wait just a minute... Leia Organa?... You're right, of course. Stubborn as a mule, wouldn't even tell us where the Rebellion was under mindprobe. Must have got that from her mother...

4. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I'm sure that when Vader probed Leia's mind he got a "feeling" that there was some sort of power or talent hidden beneath, but he might chalked it up to her being a unknown, untrained force sensitive of some kind.

As for Vader knowing who Leia was, he may not known about Luke until after ANH. It's very possible that he didn't learn he had a son till after he got the reports on the Rebel that destroyed the first Death Star. He sees the name Luke Skywalker, does some checking around, maybe even lines up a DNA sample somehow, and 2+2=4 he discovers he has a son. Then it's not much of a stretch for Leia to stay hidden till the duel on DSIIl when Luke's anger let's Vader slip into his thoughts for a moment and catch on about Leia.

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    It would actually be pretty cool if he didn't know. I mean, he just mentions a sister and Luke snaps. That's a big victory for someone who wants to turn somebody to the Dark Side. He could have bluffed, even, just sensing something that he understood as feelings between siblings. It could have been Luke's step-sister or something. Sure, he says twin sister and he probably knows it's Leia, but the thought that he doesn't is interesting.

Also, in the EU, Anakin appears in ghost form once to Leia. If that means anything to you.

6. Jorge_Lucas

Jorge_Lucas Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    Also, in the EU, Anakin appears in ghost form once to Leia. If that means anything to you.

Well, sure, once you're a Force Ghost, everything is known to you.

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I don't think Vader knew that Leia was his daughte, IMO all he found out that there was a sister. It wouldn't take long for him to find out who his daughter was with Imperial Intel working on the case. He probably just mentioned her in order to get a reaction from Skywalker, bluffing. And if I'm not coherent its because I jsut woke up. :p

8. SHAUN-FOREVER

SHAUN-FOREVER Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2004
    I think Vader knew in The Empire Strikes Back, in the Carbon Freezing Chambre, he sensed Leia's suffering (when Han was being lowered into the hole) maybe thats why he decided to take Leia with him "take the princess and the wookie to my ship" or something along those lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.