main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader Fans Unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Vader2, Jan 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Solo

Ben_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2001
    Vader, possibly the scariest thing ever in a kids movie.

2. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    I really love Of Burden and Choice, by Clarus ; and also Force of Destiny by Llarian and Other Side by Moopz_Vader (on fanfiction.net)

maybe it's not the good thread to talk about fanfictions, it could scare many ppl away :D

3. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    My fic Redemption. :D

No but serisouly, anything over at Vader's Mask. I love the one with Ani and Amidala. I think it was called Outer Rim

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I like Dark Labyrinth by Shanye (it's at fanfiction.net) - quite neat, Vader and Luke are stuck in the desert, and Han backtalks Vader, heh heh.

There's quite a good one going on in the fanfiction forum at the moment, called In Anothers Eyes.

5. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    In Another's Eyes? I think I read that one.

6. Darth_Nubian

Darth_Nubian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Vader, Vader, He's our man,
    If he can't do it, no one can...

Vader, Vader, it's no myth,
    He's the best of the sith...

ok I'm out of ideas, any others?

7. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, remember that scene in ANH, when Vader and Obi-Wan are dueling. That bunch of stormtroopers see, and go running over to watch. Can you imagine them doing a 'cheer' routine?

8. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    I could totally see that. :D

9. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    Where are all you Vader fans?? :)

10. Vader

Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 1999
  11. Vader

Feb 17, 1999
    Let's see if I can evoke interest in a little discussion on our favourite topic (being Vader):

Actually, this can be divided into a couple of subtopics:

It is obvious that all of us approach our "Vader Fandom" from slightly different angles. Anyone who has been following my posts here and in How Is the Empire Evil? will know my take: I do not consider Vader "evil" in any way (quite the contrary, to whatever questionable extent such moral absolues can be considered relevant in the first place) and I quite seriously see him as the true hero of Star Wars.
    I would like to know your views on the character - how do you see Vader and his role in Star Wars, and what makes you his fans?

There is another question which, through a somewhat convoluted path, is related to the above: who would you say is Vader's worst enemy?

12. Vader

Feb 17, 1999
    Anyone?

13. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Vader's worst enemy?

I would consider Vader's worse enemy to be Anakin, and Anakin's worse enemy to be Vader.

I like Vader because there is so much to him, it could almost be said that he is the most 3 dimensional character in the saga.

When you first watch the trilogy, he seems like the typical movie villian, until the end of ESB, when suddenly everything changes. He's no longer just an evil henchman, there's a lot more there we hadn't realized. At the end of ROTJ, the viewers outlook on the character has completed changed. When you re-watch the saga you can no longer view Vader the same way.

14. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Sign me up Darth Vader is my Favorite (Dark Lord of Sith) hes my Favorite Sith Period. Sign me up. :)

15. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    I want to join :)

16. There_IS_no_Conflict

There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Vader is truly the hero of the Star Wars saga.
    But from my point of view he is also the victim.. the victim of his emotions and rushed choices.
    A victim to the emperor.
    A victim to his fears.. he let his fears rule his choices.
    A hero and a victim in one. A boy that rushed to be a man too quickly, to my point as you can see in The Phantom Menace.
    In the end the fallen angel truly becomes the hero.
    In the end he is truly the chosen one.
    But only in the end

17. DarthBinksApocalpyse

DarthBinksApocalpyse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Mesa no liken dat bombad Vader. Hesa be scarin mesa.

MESA DA TWOO SIT LORD!!!!!!

hehehehehe dis bein mesa bombad giggle.

MEsa bein Darth Binks!!!

18. Vader

Feb 17, 1999
    [no message]

19. Vader

Feb 17, 1999
    Kitt327 observed that Vader is the most three-dimensional character in the saga ... I can of course but agree. As to Anakin being Vader's worst enemy ... I don't agree to as readily. I see no conflict between these personas.

There_IS_no_Conflict says that Vader is the true hero of Star Wars, but he becomes that only in the end. That prompts me to clarify my own position:
    I consider Vader to be the true hero of Star Wars throughout the story; in fact I dismiss the end of ROTJ as irrelevant. You will find this position clarified in the last ten or so pages of How Is the Empire Evil?

In the meanwhile, with the hopes of getting a discussion going, are there others who would endeavour to respond the questions I pose: what are your views on Vader - how do you see Vader and his role in Star Wars; what makes you his fans? and the related question, who would you say is Vader's worst enemy?

20. Vader

Feb 17, 1999
    I will be out of touch from the Internet for a while ... I will be back, however, so please go on and post your responses. I will answer them as soon as I may.

21. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    STAR WARS SHOWS ANAKIN'S TRIP, RISE, FALL AND REDEMPTION.

Vader rules!

22. SithLord33

SithLord33 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2001
    Vader/Anakin is my favorite character of all the movies.

23. SithLord33

SithLord33 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2001
    As for him being the hero of the story, the WHOLE story definitly. The Star Wars series, when completed from start to finish, will be based around the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin, obviously. He is the main character of the saga, and the hero, from a certain point of view. I believe he is, it is his moral struggle that wipes the slate clean first of the decaying Jedi order, then of the evil Sith, bringing balance to the force and allowing for a new age of jedi to rise, a jedi order whom are not spiralling into complaceny and decadence.

As for the original trilogy, I do believe the Empire is evil, so therefore I don't believe in that stand alone trilogy that Vader can be the hero, at least until the very end when he does away with the Emperor.

24. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    As to Anakin being Vader's worst enemy ... I don't agree to as readily. I see no conflict between these personas.

Somehow, I doubt Vader would agree with you.

25. katskywalker

katskywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2001
    Vader is my dad. Of course he's cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.