main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader/Gollum, Bilbo/Obi-Wan, Mustafar/Mt. Doom, the end of the duel

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by forever_jedi, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    one lava scene sucked...the other didn't. pretty simple.

2. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    rediculas.

3. Obilieveinme

Feb 27, 2005
    When they ran into the volcano it was horrible.

4. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    are you saying you don't like the movies or the book? or both.

either way, ridculas!

5. armando

armando Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    "The main reason i don't agree with the idea of a similarity is the way the stories make me feel. The end of Star Wars makes me appreciate the family ties that are so often taken for granted and I feel the connection between Vader and his son. With Lord of the Rings, I get the sense that chaos saved the day and by the skin of their teeth the hobbits pulled off a high stakes gamble and it paid off. "

Someone said this some month's back. That's the same reason I didn't care about LOTR, it's a story about a bunch of guys running around talking about how important they are then nothing happens in the end, It was just a big waste of time. The emperor's death was way better than Saurons', the guy gets his favorite piece of jewelry destoyed by accident so he dies - please, Elizabeth Taylor's a bigger bad ass than Sauron. The way Palpatine got to power took a lot more skill than sending some kings mind control mood rings.

6. armando

May 20, 2005
    There are two movies I love to bash, TPM and LOTR trilogy. That's the main similarity between Starwars and Rings for me. Based on LOTR the movie there's no way I'll ever read the book, 'specially how every one said how faithful the movies are. I read slow and I've got no time to waste on something like that.

7. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Sauron is only a shadow of his former self, much like Darth Vader after Mustafar.

8. Obilieveinme

Feb 27, 2005
    I liked The Two Towers alot and the others were pretty good. Return...geez...i thought i was watching a steven speilburg movie...just frigging end will ya.

9. WonkJim

WonkJim Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2005
    Bormir is Mace Windu, eh?

10. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Yoda = Elrond?

11. armando

May 20, 2005
    Let's see Starwars has light sabers. LOTR has a mood ring. One's a movie, one's a book. There's enough difference to not even fuss about this question.

12. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    well perhaps this belongs in the saga board. but I do think it is a relevent topic.

13. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Blu-Bladed-Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    (sarcastic)wel i think the fact that hagrid and chewbacca are simliar does harry potter and SW tie in together (end sarcasm) come on guys this is not a forum worth discussing...GL has planned the abttle and worked too hard to say hes based it off of LOTR

14. TheLightSide

TheLightSide Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2005
    Mustafar is Mt. Doom.

Frodo is Vader, but instead of Gollum biting off the Ring from Frodo's fingers. Frodo takes the ring to Sauron -- the Emperor.

Sam is Obi-Wan, escapes somehow to live out in the Harad Desert [Tatooine] with Frodo's son, Lukey-Frodo.

Gollum? Gollum would have to be resurrected Darth Maul who wants to use the Dark Side independent of Sauron.

Of course, [face_laugh] Saruman is Dooku [ha ha ha ha].

15. Commander_Bly13

Commander_Bly13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    I LOVE the LotR movies but I agree with this so much, Return of the King was my fav. but I wanted the darn thing to end. Actually it could have had even more in the end but it was not filmed or put in.

16. Commander_Bly13

Commander_Bly13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    Sam doesn;t live out in the Harad Desert with Frodo's son!

17. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    "Someone said this some month's back. That's the same reason I didn't care about LOTR, it's a story about a bunch of guys running around talking about how important they are then nothing happens in the end, It was just a big waste of time. The emperor's death was way better than Saurons', the guy gets his favorite piece of jewelry destoyed by accident so he dies - please, Elizabeth Taylor's a bigger bad ass than Sauron. The way Palpatine got to power took a lot more skill than sending some kings mind control mood rings." unquote.

:) Wow! Somebody hasn't read the LOTRs. Try reading it and then come back and post some constructive, informed comments on this issue.

Move along, move along... ;)

18. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Wow! The end of RotK was emotionally charged for me and very, very poignant, much like the end of RotS, but I guess that it's hard for some to realize that they can accept and like both trilogies. If you are not able to accept the idea that objects can hold evil power in them, you will not like many many many fantasy books and movies out there. Anyways, back on topic...

I think they were similar but not enough that there is too much of a parallel to draw between them. They are entirely different monsters, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.