CT vader good side

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jeremy page, Aug 8, 2014.

Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Jeremy page Jedi Youngling

did vader feel the good side of the force when he said
    so I see you built a light saber
    I think he felt the good side of the force
  2. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't see how that line correlates to his conflict. He's merely making an observation
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. JEDI-RISING Force Ghost

star 3
    i'm not sure of that. i got that feeling he felt a bit of pride in Luke perhaps
  4. Django Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah and the pride he feels for his son starts to cool his anger for Obi-Wan, he can't be as angry with the man who taught his son. So in that sense light does enter his darkness but only for a few seconds because he's quick to remind Luke about how powerful the Emperor is. And by the end of the scene Luke deeply hurts Vader when he says 'his father is dead', what Vader feels for the light side of the Force at that particular stage is probably more complex than anyone could imagine.
  5. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    He was definitely feeling a large amount of regret at the point of ROTJ, but I think that even he was denying it. He honestly seems insecure throughout most of ROTJ, from the very beginning when Palpatine arrives and their awkward conversation, when he consults Palpatine about Luke on Endor, etc
    Everything he says, he says so slowly, cautiously. One of JEJ's finest performances
  6. Deltron3030 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, he didn't slice Luke in half then and there, so I suppose you could make that leap...

In that whole scene, Vader is neutered, wistful, and resigned. I did not buy it in my first viewing.

Don't forget, in his first scene he gives Moff Jerjerrod friendly advice... This is the same character who spent the entire previous film murdering his subordinates. Or rather, I should say, this is NOT the same character.
    Last edited by Deltron3030, Aug 10, 2014
  7. Crystalia Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
    Vaders good side

in all seriousness though, what Seagoat and Jedi Rising said.
  8. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    To me, Vader was never truly a bad guy. He always had good in him, he just didn't realize.
    Seagoat likes this.
  9. MOC Yak Face Moderator, Classic Trilogy

Manager
    star 4
    I don't consider the lightsabre construction comment to be particularly significant, but the Vader of ROTJ seems to me to be a more conflicted, uncertain character than the ruthlessly decisive enforcer of ANH and particularly TESB.
  10. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed wholeheartedly. Having just literally watched SW I-VI, I just can't bring myself to see him as evil. Yeah, he had done some VERY evil things, but he himself was a good person
    Team Padme likes this.
  11. MOC Yak Face Moderator, Classic Trilogy

Manager
    star 4
    He was one seriously bad son of a midichlorian!
  12. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    That's because you're viewing it wrong, you should view it IV - VI.....the end

He is evil
  13. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Lol I srsly hope that's a joke
  14. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Nope, if you have watched IV-VI and then have some time to kill I guess you could then go watch I-III, fast forwarding through most of II.
  15. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I'm still gonna interpret that as a poorly executed, if not offensive joke
  16. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Offensive?

This is the CT, anything about the PT is considered offensive round here
  17. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    The fact that I and several other people here love the entire saga begs to differ

Whatever, we're going off topic so let's get back to what this thread is meant to discuss
    Last edited by Seagoat, Aug 11, 2014
    thejeditraitor and mes520 like this.
  18. MOC Yak Face Moderator, Classic Trilogy

Manager
    star 4
    Good call @Seagoat. Not the place for a viewing order debate or a PT free for all.
    Seagoat likes this.
  19. natureboy76 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  20. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    That's quite probably my favorite SW fanart, yet it's fanart nonetheless
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face