Vader has Yellow Eyes as the Mask goes on.

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by SAND-CRAWLER, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Chron Force Ghost

star 4
    In the hi-res shot, Vader looks disturbingly like undercooked Spam about to be canned! Great shot!

Sidious: [sniff, sniff] "The Spam is strong with you, Lord Vader!"

Vader: [makes a 'holding his nose motion over his facemask] "You don't know the power . . . "

Sidious: [cackling] "Oh, Lord Vader, you are such a ham!"
  2. voodoopuuduu Classic Trilogy Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Nice idea , but Nah. his eyes look Really really bloodshot to me. he's just been through hell . i don't see them as yellow. IMO.

I agree, they look bloodshot to me too. Cant see any yellow.
  3. chibiangi Force Ghost

star 4
    I like the idea of the first post, but I don't see it.

To me Vader looks full of fear and regret. He is broken. He accepts his fate. He succumbs to Palpatine the way Padme succumbs to her sadness. The two scenes to me were about giving up, which makes "a new hope" more poignant.
  4. anakin_luver Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ^^ I like how you said the the two scenes were about "giving up." I completely agree.
    Padme and Anakin also lose a their individual battles.
  5. SithHappensIII Jedi Knight

star 3
    For dry yellow eyes.....clear eyes is awesome
  6. SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Master

star 4
    For those of you that can't see the yellow eyes in the first pic of the first post of this thread, it may be your computer monitor. I originally posted this topic at work and I use a pair of LCD computer monitors. His eyes are yellow (although not FULLY yellow as seen in the Seperast's Slaughter and "I hate you" scenes, but yellowing none the less). I checked this thread at home using a standard CRT monitor and surpising to me, his eye's appeared to be a slightly lighter brown than his natural brown eyes. The problem with some may be the computer monitor you're using. On a nice LCD monitor, his eyes are MUCH more yellow than his normal brown eyes and notably different. It's as if he's transforming as the mask goes on.

Check it out on a nice computer monitor.
  7. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I never thought Vader had yellow eyes when the mask went on. The yellow eyes seemed to go away after the slaughter of the Separatists. As far as I remember, I never noticed yellow eyes during the entirety of Vader's duel with Obi-Wan.
  8. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    They were pretty yellow. I don't think they were as yellow as they were in the Immolation scene or the Seperatist slaughter.
  9. Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus

star 5
    He has them just after his legs get cut off, and he also has them as he is buring alive.
  10. PowerUnlimitedPower Jedi Youngling

star 1
    they were blooshot. not yellow.
  11. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I hadn't noticed that before. Good looking out, Sand Crawler! It makes me wonder if Vader's eyes were yellow when he faced Obi-Wan on the Death Star. After what happened on Mustafar, and the amount of hatred he had for Kenobi, there may have been times when he had yellow eyes under the mask. Just before he's rescued by Sidious his eyes are yellow and then he collapses.
  12. Jedi76 Force Ghost

star 3
    [/color But there he was Anakin Skywalker staring at the trade federation with his yellow eyes he had yellow eyes so help me god yellow eyes. That was the only time he has yellow eyes in the movie
  13. LORD_VADA Jedi Padawan

im watching that scene right now and i cant see that side shot of vader just before the mask goes on
  14. Sidious_T Jedi Master

star 4
    I've looked at this 10 times over, slo-moed, etc. His eyes are NOT yellow. Just swollen and bloodshot. If you see yellow, your seeing things.
  15. dont_be_a_vaderhater Jedi Youngling

Nope..... red maybe, but no yellow.
  16. AnnLouise Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just don't see the regret/fear. He just looks out of it, with no expression in the eyes one way or another. If anything, he seems to be wondering "WTF?" as he sees the red display lowering down.
  17. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    It isn?t anything a little Visine wouldn?t take care of. No yellow.
  18. chibiangi Force Ghost

star 4
    You don't see fear in his face? Gosh I expected him to move his head to side and say no, no, no like a two-year old with the look he had on his face. He did not want that mask to go on. Who would?
  19. Mos_Eisley Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love this scene and not just because we get to see inside Vader's mask and hear him breath for the first time.

It's subtle, but Anakin's eyes go wide for a moment as he looks up and realizes that he's going to be stuck in this thing for the rest of his life but then his eyes go back to normal as if there's a grim acceptance to putting on the suit and a quiet anger towards Obi-Wan for putting him on the reconstruction table as this charred mess.

But his eyes definitely aren't yellow like they were on Mustafar with that closeup in the hood or during the immolation scene.
  20. mastersith69 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i think it is nice to see him full of hate with yellow eyes as the helmet goes on then flash foward to return of the jedi when luke takes of the helmet anakin is smiling with happiness and joy with blue eyes which in my opinion is probably one of the greatest moments of the whole saga.
  21. Sidious_T Jedi Master

star 4

Um, again, they are ARE NOT yellow in this scene.
  22. mastersith69 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i now they were no yellow i just like to fill these idiots with hope that they are right. it keeps threads like these going.
  23. Sidious_T Jedi Master

star 4

[face_laugh] My apologies to you then, please carry on.....
  24. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, as I said, I don?t believe that they are yellow either, but is that really a just cause for calling other people idiots?
  25. SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. Thanks for the compliment. Let's look again at his iris's in these shots:

Brown
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/SAND-CRAWLER/vader0057rs.jpg]

Yellow-Brown
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/SAND-CRAWLER/vader0047cj.jpg]

Yellow
    [image=http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5500/millenniumfalconrotsdvdanakins.jpg]

Compare the first pic with the second. If you have a good computer monitor, you will see that Hayden's iris's are NOT his natural brown, but a very yellowed brown. If anything, they should be a deeper redish brown due to the red display of the mask on them but instead they are more yellow. Compare the second pic to the last one of the immolation scene when his eyes are full on yellow. There's a TRANSITION occuring as Vader's mask goes on. First, his eyes are brown and he's terrified (shot 1). Second, his brown eyes are turning yellow as the mask is just about sealed on them. After that, I'm sure it's safe to asume that his eyes would be full on yellow under the mask. Why WOULDN'T they be. He is a Sith Lord and full of the dark side.

Again, I noticed this in the theatre and the screen resolution was MUCH greater. I was sitting in row 10 and his eye's weren't brown in the second shot. From the pics I posted, his iris's are MUCH more yellow in the second shot then the third and yet they should be more dark brown/red due to the masks red display panels. Don't call me an idiot just because you're monitor is of poor quality or maybe you're colour blind. His eyes go from brown to yellow-brown to yellow. Just as Anakin goes from Anakin to Anakin/Vader to Vader.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.